Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Father's Rights/Children

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I started this thread as perhaps there are fathers on here who are having problems seeing their kids and want help.So many fathers do not know where to turn to so perhaps on here fathers with their own experience can share some advice.I've been there and it's not nice but my situation was/is nowhere near as bad as many situations I've read.

So if you are having problems and want advice then post.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Herr Tubthumper, come back here and apologize. If you don't ANY weight of opinion you may have enjoyed on here will have been reduced to zero.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Herr Tubthumper, come back here and apologize. If you don't ANY weight of opinion you may have enjoyed on here will have been reduced to zero.

He apologised to me for what it's worth.

He hasn't been where alot of father's have been so because of his ignorance he felt it ok to say what he said otherwise he would never in a million years.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
He apologised to me for what it's worth.

He hasn't been where alot of father's have been so because of his ignorance he felt it ok to say what he said otherwise he would never in a million years.

Fair enough but it would appear Herr Tubthumper isn't MAN enough to do it in public. SHAME on him!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That is a poorly worded comment unless you know something we don't

It was a very poorly thought out and crass attempt at humour. One which I regret. I apologise for any offence caused.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Any father in this difficult situation should not worry about turning 'Mr Detective'. I have been falsely accused of threatened violence because it 'helped' my ex's argument. Take precautions as that will more than likely make the difference. If you are not married you MUST obtain a 'parental guardian' form and a judgement in your favour giving you parental rights.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I started this thread as perhaps there are fathers on here who are having problems seeing their kids and want help.So many fathers do not know where to turn to so perhaps on here fathers with their own experience can share some advice.I've been there and it's not nice but my situation was/is nowhere near as bad as many situations I've read.

My advice was given through my experience. There are a lot of good Dads (and some bad but then they would not be bothered if they were stopped access, but this thread is not about them) that really do have the children used as weapons against them. Luckily although financially the Dad has little choice, he does have a say in contact and information such as schoolwork and illness/doctors reports.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It was a very poorly thought out and crass attempt at humour. One which I regret. I apologise for any offence caused.

I normally when flying very close to the wind use a :jester: followed by a :kiss: that's my way of doing it not right nor wrong,just my way..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Accepted, it takes a bigger man to apologise

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Why didn't you say this when you started the thread?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The legal rights or otherwise is one aspect of contact, but in my case, my ex did not directly try to stop me seeing my daughters, she simply poisoned them against me (and Mrs Peteinblack) so that they would not want to visit me/us.

They were brainwashed that 'daddy is a ******* who is now with someone else' - notwithstanding that I got together with Mrs Peteinblack 4 years after splitting up with the mother of my two daughters - and so they were brought up to hate me by their bitch of a mother. Even if I'd gone to court to demand access/contact, the girls would have been primed to say 'we don't want to see dad.'

We even got nuisance phone calls from them for a couple of years - doubtless their mother putting them up to it out of sheer nastiness.

As far as the mother was concerned, my only role was to pay child support via the CSA, which I did conscientiously until the girls left full-time education, but I have not seen them or had any contact (apart from the nuisance phone calls) for about 15 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here