Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hats / do you wear one ?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Wearing a hat raises the potential problem of "hat hair" once you take it off. So once a hat is on it has to remain on until you return to the privacy of your own home where it is safe again to take it off and thereby avoid the risk of public ridicule. Those that suffer from "hat hair" themselves will know exactly what I'm talking about.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wearing a hat raises the potential problem of "hat hair" once you take it off. So once a hat is on it has to remain on until you return to the privacy of your own home where it is safe again to take it off and thereby avoid the risk of public ridicule. Those that suffer from "hat hair" themselves will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Is that the same as helmet hair?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Nothing better wearing a cap when its raining rather than a hood.

Equally, on a cricket pitch it is essential when in hot conditions.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Chelmsford , there’s a market opposite the cricket ground that has them , you can also get them in red

Can you get me one? I'll have the same colour as yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Is that the same as helmet hair?

Yes but helmet hair is specific to the wearing of helmets. Hat hair can be caused by all manner of style of head gear be that a cap, a trilby, or beanie, all of which come with their own hidden perils that only reveal themselves once the head gear in question is removed. Are you a sufferer yourself?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes but helmet hair is specific to the wearing of helmets. Hat hair can be caused by all manner of style of head gear be that a cap, a trilby, or beanie, all of which come with their own hidden perils that only reveal themselves once the head gear in question is removed. Are you a sufferer yourself?

Used to wear a beret in the RAF, bloody hated the thing, looked like a cross between a helicopter landing pad and Frank Spencer's stunt hat.
On the hair side, it used to make my hair go flat, as I dabbled in a perm in my youth.
Punishment for that is hereditary baldness :lolol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
2015-01-27 16.33.24.jpg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Used to wear a beret in the RAF, bloody hated the thing, looked like a cross between a helicopter landing pad and Frank Spencer's stunt hat.
On the hair side, it used to make my hair go flat, as I dabbled in a perm in my youth.
Punishment for that is hereditary baldness :lolol:

If you suffer from hat/helmet hair you should avoid any profession where the wearing of a hat or helmet is required for no matter how brief a time. Did your careers advisor not address this consideration? Very remiss of them. Dealing with this from the outset severely narrows the field and makes it much easier to make the right and sensible career choice. The armed forces are a definite no no.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If you suffer from hat/helmet hair you should avoid any profession where the wearing of a hat or helmet is required for no matter how brief a time. Did your careers advisor not address this consideration? Very remiss of them. Dealing with this from the outset severely narrows the field and makes it much easier to make the right and sensible career choice. The armed forces are a definite no no.

Careers advice was Maggie's private army (YTS), anyway too late for as I'm 50 going on Saga :)

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
There are three types of people when it comes to hats.

1. People who genuinely pull them off.

2. People who are blissfully unaware that they look ridiculous (the majority of hat wearers).

3. People who know they look ridiculous and avoid them at all costs (I am in this camp).

Also..

4. People who know they like a c*unt wearing one but do so anyway.. (Bucket hats on lads holidays)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Maybe it is Engelbert in a hat Tay.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Baseball caps are acceptable to combat adverse weather conditions and/or shade the eyes from the sun at a game. At any other time, for anyone over the age of 14 they are a self-indulgence.

Oh, and anyone who ALWAYS wears a hat to be a bit "quirky" or to be some kind of "character", is almost, without exception, an utter, utter prick.

1425579_bubble_150.jpg

Exhibit A.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here