Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd for Middlesbrough

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think the Sky £billions may disagree with you?

And not give a shit about us ticket buying fans.

That's why I haven't got Sky Sports in my house and I don't go to pubs to watch matches.
I like football because I was taken to matches as a kid, not because I watched it on TV.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And not give a shit about us ticket buying fans.

That's why I haven't got Sky Sports in my house and I don't go to pubs to watch matches.
I like football because I was taken to matches as a kid, not because I watched it on TV.

That's your choice but football is a TV show, as I'm sure millions of punters would concur. Quite a few of us multitask and do both. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That's your choice but football is a TV show, as I'm sure millions of punters would concur. Quite a few of us multitask and do both. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Fair enough, but it's no good me having a good moan about Sky switching two Albion Saturday home games in February, and then paying for Sky Sports.

If some people are happy to wear a Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, etc replica shirt and watch football in a pub or at home, that's their business, but they will never experience what I have at live matches.
And if BHA are not playing or playing miles away, I go and watch non league games.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It's the biggest shopping day before Christmas.

A low actual crowd, with empty season ticket seats being counted as full.

Correct I'm a season ticket holder and sadly I can't go because I have to work 3pm would have been fine thanks Sky! :angry:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Fair enough, but it's no good me having a good moan about Sky switching two Albion Saturday home games in February, and then paying for Sky Sports.

If some people are happy to wear a Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, etc replica shirt and watch football in a pub or at home, that's their business, but they will never experience what I have at live matches.
And if BHA are not playing or playing miles away, I go and watch non league games.

Who says I watch Prem football on Sky?

PS: I rarely do.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Correct I'm a season ticket holder and sadly I can't go because I have to work 3pm would have been fine thanks Sky! :angry:

Here we go [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION] , this is one of the reasons I hate Sky Sports, this decent Albion fan misses out.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Here we go [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION] , this is one of the reasons I hate Sky Sports, this decent Albion fan misses out.

Yep, I was definitely going, dragging my daughter along when it was a 3 o'clock KO, have to work in the morning, so not sure I'll make it in time, coming from T Wells, so haven't bought a ticket. Not a season ticket holder, so tickets, refreshments, probably merchandise as its xmas, clubs potentially losing £100 just from us 2

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yep, I was definitely going, dragging my daughter along when it was a 3 o'clock KO, have to work in the morning, so not sure I'll make it in time, coming from T Wells, so haven't bought a ticket. Not a season ticket holder, so tickets, refreshments, probably merchandise as its xmas, clubs potentially losing £100 just from us 2

Yes I think it's a shame that young children ( the next generation of BHA fans ) will miss out when Saturday games are moved to evenings.
I have a 12 year old lad that gets tired at the end of an evening match, especially when he leaves for school at 7-30 AM.
There must be loads of younger children that don't go at all to evening matches.

There also must be lots of fans like your good self, that work Saturday mornings and will also miss tomorrows match.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I sympathise -- given that in the past week or two the club have just moved the Brentford' and Leeds' games from 3pm to evening kick-offs, which means that my son won't be going -- but the one thing we all need to realise is that your £100 pales into insignificance when set against Murdoch's billions. He even gets to hack into phones, declares that he's humbled, and then gets things covered up.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
People that don't turn up due to " it being on TV , pub, hungover from works do, no money, shopping, KO time" are not true fans, its the biggest game of the season so far!

I'm going to be hungover from the works do AND a cyclist. Surely no-one has an excuse.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I sympathise -- given that in the past week or two the club have just moved the Brentford' and Leeds' games from 3pm to evening kick-offs, which means that my son won't be going -- but the one thing we all need to realise is that your £100 pales into insignificance when set against Murdoch's billions. He even gets to hack into phones, declares that he's humbled, and then gets things covered up.
The Brentford kick off moved to the evening? Really?

Feb 14, 2010
Barber has just been on BBC Sussex and said "over 26,000"

Will be interesting to compare with crowds in both our division and also the "Premier League". Such a superb support given that we have never had a decent side top flight side since the Charity Shield victory in 1910.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Not the club. Its Sky who call the shots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here