Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] iOS 11

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Haven't updated yet. Someone at work mentioned something about reports of apps disappearing when you upgrade. Is that one of those 'purple monkey dishwasher' things that started as 'some apps won't work because they are removing the 32-bit support' and evolved into 'iOS 11 deletes random apps!'?

They don't work.

To see apps that will not run in iOS 11 go to “Settings > General > About > Applications”. If there are any apps in that list that you need to use then don't update. Probably won't be many.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Seems fine on my phone...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is this iPhone only or iPad as well ?

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Not sure that really answers my question. I'm aware some apps won't work. But my colleague told me there were reports of random app deletion (with the suggestion that apps that should work are being deleted by some glitch). I was trying to find out if that was true, or if like a game of careless whispers "some apps won't work" was mixed up into "some apps are wrongly deleted".

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I'm a massive apple fanboy and buy everything as soon as it comes out, update things are soon as available -

I think the attention to detail on iOS11 is awful. Can't believe they've released it as-is and if feels like 1st or 2nd iteration of the beta.

NSC won't let upload the screenshot I just took right now, but no the weather app the numbers are out of alignment with the times of day, I took a screenshot on FaceTime earlier and to back out of it you hit 'done', but you couldn't do that because it was overlapping the top menu bar... just really, really shoddy. Roll on 11.1, indeed. Pretty disappointed they've put it out like this.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Anyone else find this update utter gash? Both my iPhone and iPad are performing poorly, lots of little glitches and niggles. It’s behaving like my old Galaxy S3.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Every time that EE advert comes on where that bloke gets out of the bath because Kevin Bacon has told him the iPhone 8 (who would actually buy that?) is available on a rip off contract, I think of you guys. [emoji8]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Every time that EE advert comes on where that bloke gets out of the bath because Kevin Bacon has told him the iPhone 8 (who would actually buy that?) is available on a rip off contract, I think of you guys. [emoji8]

No need darling most of us are having a wonderful time (not upgrading though :moo: )

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone else find this update utter gash? Both my iPhone and iPad are performing poorly, lots of little glitches and niggles. It’s behaving like my old Galaxy S3.
Don't worry...
The great thing about Apple is that if the latest iOS is doesn't play well with your older device, you can simply uninstall it and go back to the older iOS. Right?
:whistle:

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Customers having a lot of problems with Exchange email, even with the 11.0.2 update that supposedly fixes it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here