Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert & his dad's death

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
AK is feeling what everyone else goes through in life, losing your parents.
It's not nice, but eventually you get through it.
I know that you don't mean that in a cold way, but WTF?

Ideally we'd like to lose our parents when we're bloody old and our parents have been enjoying their time with their great grandchildren. Of course the day will still be sad, they're still your parents, but it's nothing like losing them when you're young, before you've had a family or major life events you'd like to share with them. Obviously we don't all go through the same things.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Standing shoulder to shoulder with you on this bro :thumbsup: UTA

PS - You made the right decision, as horrible as it was for you to be put in that predicament - stay strong :)

Thanks bruv. Leaving her in bed in hospital was the hardest thing I ever have done just burst into tears outside went and got my stuff from the hotel had a smoke and necked a coupla pints at the airport. She passed a few days later with a skype call with the kids and I just knew that was her last night somehow. We picked a star for the kids to remember and they said we dont want nanny to be a star, horrid time I dont think they will remember her sadly

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know that you don't mean that in a cold way, but WTF?

Ideally we'd like to lose our parents when we're bloody old and our parents have been enjoying their time with their great grandchildren. Of course the day will still be sad, they're still your parents, but it's nothing like losing them when you're young, before you've had a family or major life events you'd like to share with them. Obviously we don't all go through the same things.

I apologise if it sounded blunt, but that wasn't my intention:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I apologise if it sounded blunt, but that wasn't my intention:thumbsup:
I know what your posts here are like, I don't believe you'd be intentionally insensitive.

I wouldn't describe your post as blunt, just ill-informed. Someone who loses their mum when they're 80 does not go through the same thing as a child who loses their mum when they're 8 (not applicable to be, just an example).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know what your posts here are like, I don't believe you'd be intentionally insensitive.

I wouldn't describe your post as blunt, just ill-informed. Someone who loses their mum when they're 80 does not go through the same thing as a child who loses their mum when they're 8 (not applicable to be, just an example).

AK is feeling what everyone else goes through in life, losing your parents, but for him it was at a younger age, whereas most people lose theirs later on in life.
It's not nice, but eventually you get through it with help from close one's.

Reprised bluntness :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
AK is feeling what everyone else goes through in life
No, that's the whole point, he isn't. What age you are when you lose your parents has a massive affect on what you feel when you lose them. As in my example above, how does an 80 year old that loses their mum feel the same thing that an 8 year old feels? They don't, they have completely different feelings.

That's not even accounting for the fact that we're all different and feel differently about loss.

It's not nice, but eventually you get through it with help from close one's.
You don't do much counseling do you.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No, that's the whole point, he isn't. What age you are when you lose your parents has a massive affect on what you feel when you lose them. As in my example above, how does an 80 year old that loses their mum feel the same thing that an 8 year old feels? They don't, they have completely different feelings.

That's not even accounting for the fact that we're all different and feel differently about loss.

You don't do much counseling do you.

I'll quit while I can, as so to speak :thumbsup:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
My parents are fit as fleas but I and they know they're getting older. I do worry about them so much and try and make sure they're able to relax and make them laugh as much as possible.

Losing my girlfriend earlier this year still hurts like mad. I had a breakdown over it which I knew was inevitable. There's a girl who's stunning that's been offering it on a plate for me (as a partner). I said I wasn't ready for another relationship. Now she's going out with a builder with muscles like a boxer. We're still close friends and she makes me feel at ease when I open up to her.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
We see him on the pitch and on the television, smoother him with adulation and look at what we think he earns. But underneath he is a young man, far from home and suffering a loss, he's human. Its clearly a difficult time and we all cope with this in a different way, bon chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here