Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Harvest Swansea Tuesday

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
My brother is a student and we've presented the club with everything asked for. Supporter services claim his account is marked as a full-time student... but they still messed up with sending out our Bournemouth cup tickets despite confirming they would post them, so we had to collect duplicates down there as nobody at the club knew where our tickets were when I called. Again today it states that tickets would have to be collected, seems odd when all information has been provided as asked.

What did they ask for?

I assume it was some form of formal documentation (as it says NUS) but plenty of Non-Students can get NUS Cards extremely easily, that's all.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
My brother is a student and we've presented the club with everything asked for. Supporter services claim his account is marked as a full-time student... but they still messed up with sending out our Bournemouth cup tickets despite confirming they would post them, so we had to collect duplicates down there as nobody at the club knew where our tickets were when I called. Again today it states that tickets would have to be collected, seems odd when all information has been provided as asked.

That's a massive pain for any uni students who study a long way from home, how can the club expect them to pick up the tickets?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's a massive pain for any uni students who study a long way from home, how can the club expect them to pick up the tickets?

As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posted, they're all very likely to be STHs anyway, so at the next home game ?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Entitled to buy and not use? Now that's another bore off story altogether, isn't it?

There is also an existing thread for that moan up.
Feel if to add your "story" to that thread.
I haven't got the points and there is a reason...others have been to mire away games an deserve the tickets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1,100 give or take. Seems not many fancy it.

If it stays like this the good news is this will demonstrate the top tier is not a closed shop.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you think it has more to do with the Points criteria for this one?

My unscientific observations of prior day 1 sales are that c75-80% of tickets were sold to the top tier.

We're currently at c45%, which is a significant drop.

If anything you may expect a higher proportion of these tickets to have sold since it's the top 2,000 who are entitled (not top 3,000) and by very definition these are the most regular away attendees.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
My unscientific observations of prior day 1 sales are that c75-80% of tickets were sold to the top tier.

We're currently at c45%, which is a significant drop.

If anything you may expect a higher proportion of these tickets to have sold since it's the top 2,000 who are entitled (not top 3,000) and by very definition these are the most regular away attendees.

This is the highest that tier 1 has been, no? But also this is the first 'less attractive' away game, so not unexpected. Will still sell out comfortably before getting to the lower tiers

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is the highest that tier 1 has been, no?

Yes, but only because of the 2,000 allocation (not 3,000).

Will still sell out comfortably before getting to the lower tiers

There's only 4 tiers, for season ticket holders at least. This looks like being the largest number of tickets that becomes available to the second tier to date. I'd suggest that if you are Tier 2 and want to get to this game you are almost certainly going to be able to as long as you hop online tomorrow morning.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yes, but only because of the 2,000 allocation (not 3,000).

There's only 4 tiers, for season ticket holders at least. This looks like being the largest number of tickets that becomes available to the second tier to date. I'd suggest that if you are Tier 2 and want to get to this game you are almost certainly going to be able to as long as you hop online tomorrow morning.

Tier 2 could still get tickets at about 3 pm for West Ham.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just awaiting confirmation of which Groovy Gangers are going then will do the deed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here