Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yet again people without enough points because they haven't been to as many awsy games in the past are moaning its not fair we want a ballot or whatever.

Then all the moaning that top tier people will buy tickets and look to pass on just to get the points.

I would guess that a fair number of people in the top tier have over 450 points as they go to a lit if away games and won't be just getting a ticket for the points at £30.

If Swansea had a larger ground and 3000 tickets had been available those in tier 3 would gave been able to buy one.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If the club chose to award zero loyalty points for the away matches at the likes of Swansea, Burnley, Huddersfield and Newcastle (on New Years Eve), based on past away attendences for these fixtures the liklihood is anyone who wanted to go to these games would be able to get a ticket. No-one would need to harvest any loyalty points and ticket touts would lose business. Tickets could of course still be sold in tranches so that the fans with the most loyalty points would get the first opportunity to buy tickets if they want them.

You know, that actually makes sense.

If not those games, though, there's no games when "loyalty" can be rewarded, as all the others are high demand and it's not being loyal particularly that would make them sell out.

I think I've said before on here that I'm glad it's not me having to sort out this mess, but 15 points for a game with limited ticket availability is just madness.

I hope I'm proved wrong and I manage to get a ticket for this one, as it's one that I really want to go to (new ground for me) and was a "first pick" alongside WBA when the fixtures came out. I knew the high profile games were unlikely with the points I'd got, so really hoped for a few games at the next level. I'm not really expecting to get any currently, though.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yet again people without enough points because they haven't been to as many awsy games in the past are moaning its not fair we want a ballot or whatever.

Then all the moaning that top tier people will buy tickets and look to pass on just to get the points.

I would guess that a fair number of people in the top tier have over 450 points as they go to a lit if away games and won't be just getting a ticket for the points at £30.

If Swansea had a larger ground and 3000 tickets had been available those in tier 3 would gave been able to buy one.

There will be very few who have over 450 points. We've not filled away allocations regularly until this season, so there's probably that regular band of under 1,000.

The points on offer seems to be the problem, as the gaps increase rapidly and incentivises touting for those who can't go or wouldn't have gone if no points were on offer.

And actually, it's not the "not going to enough away games in the past" that is disadvantaging me, it's the fact that I gave up my season ticket for 2 years when I lived at the far end of Cornwall and was broke!

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
While the current loyalty point system is circling the drain the club might as well make some profit out of this and allow people to buy points like you can in Fifa! ;)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm not a STH but every season in the last 20 I've been away at some point. As a mere Bronze member seems won't get to a single away game this season. Guess rules are the rules

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which is why 1st and 2nd tiers will buy tickets to games they might not go to to ensure they maintain the gap you are suggesting will close. Attendance at away games for those on 240 points or less will be on who you know, not your points.

This is possible but I do not believe every single game will sell out on the 2nd and/or 3rd tiers. And this is all that is needed for someone to bump up their pointed.

As an aside, beyond checking ID and/or having ticket collection points at away games and also checking ID, I cannot see what else the club can do.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not a STH but every season in the last 20 I've been away at some point. As a mere Bronze member seems won't get to a single away game this season. Guess rules are the rules

Has the bronze membership actually given you anything yet? It seems like a potential waste of money when all home games have gone down to general sale (haven't they?).

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Was looking forward to this but can't go now. I currently have 287 points and after west ham will have 302. I was hoping this would give me a bit of breathing space for when I undoubtedly miss a few aways over Christmas due to finances!

It will go down to tier 2 though for this I'm sure. And then it's a lottery. I had to wait until tier 2 for both arsenal and Watford ( as my son has about 20 less points than me) and got tickets for both.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is possible but I do not believe every single game will sell out on the 2nd and/or 3rd tiers. And this is all that is needed for someone to bump up their pointed.

As an aside, beyond checking ID and/or having ticket collection points at away games and also checking ID, I cannot see what else the club can do.

I've got a simple one:

Allocations that sell out within the first 2 tiers are not awarded loyalty points. i.e. those with enough points get a ticket, but the points remain unchanged, they maintain their margin over everyone else, no one gains or loses.

Allocations that go into 3rd tier sales and beyond are awarded loyalty points equally to everyone who got a ticket. The number of points awarded is based upon the extent of the sales. i.e. if the lowest points holder to get a ticket was 200, then the points award would be 2 or 5. If the lowest was 150, then the points award would be 10 or 15 and so on. The award of points would be in direct correlation to the demand for the match, not a preconceived notion of distance / importance.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe. Maybe not*

*yes am going to Arsenal and West Ham, haven't decided on Swansea yet

Cheers. I still have a reasonable chance then

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Any ticket that sells out in the top two tiers should be given a Maximum of 5 points. I have 250 points, I do not need 15 points for going to swansea.I want to go to the game more than I want to go to the game sunday. I can watch Arsenal on TV if I want to, the only way I get to see Swansea is by going.

The club need to address this points Issue also how or why have they bumped the ticket bracket up again for tier two, a friend who couldnt get Arsenal tickets has now dropped out of his tier, however got westham tickets, which will mean he wont get the points until after the game. crazy.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Some people seem to want an away season ticket.

The club tried this and I became a Platinum Member which guaranteed me an away ticket for every game and charged my credit card accordingly and I was automatically sent a ticket. You had to guarantee you would buy for every game.

However, only 30 (thirty) fans did this, so the club dropped the idea, although I still get post free tickets, but I have to apply online like everyone else as soon as they go on sale. Not too much of a problem for me as I have 400+ points.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I've allocated myself 400 LPP (loyalty pound points). I've allocated 200 for the trip to Man Utd in the home end and will probably allocate the other 200 quid to Everton away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here