Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

I can't believe there's a single Brighton fan on here that believes the club and the powers that be are doing everything in their power to bring in the players we need to make a big enough impact in the PL to survive our first season. Tony has never been shy in putting his money where his mouth is. He wants it just as much as any of us on here. If they can not do it, it's not through a lack of trying.
The market has gone nuts this year with the Neymar deal and everyone is now trying to get millions more pound/euros for their players. There are players being sold for £40-50 million, when they should really be only £4-5 million. So, although the club has got more money than we ever had to buy players, the money has been totally devalued. So we are really struggling!
I wish the club the best of luck to try and achieve what we all want. But I can't help feeling the odds are against us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I can't believe there's a single Brighton fan on here that believes the club and the powers that be are doing everything in their power to bring in the players we need to make a big enough impact in the PL to survive our first season. Tony has never been shy in putting his money where his mouth is. He wants it just as much as any of us on here. If they can not do it, it's not through a lack of trying.
The market has gone nuts this year with the Neymar deal and everyone is now trying to get millions more pound/euros for their players. There are players being sold for £40-50 million, when they should really be only £4-5 million. So, although the club has got more money than we ever had to buy players, the money has been totally devalued. So we are really struggling!
I wish the club the best of luck to try and achieve what we all want. But I can't help feeling the odds are against us.

Agreed, although I really don't see us not signing at least one striker before deadline. It would leave us far too short up front.

Sadly, what seems to have been lost by some on here is we've already spent about £42 million (and it would have been nearer £50 million if Dwamena had passed his medical). The way some moan on here, you'd think we'd not spent anything this summer.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Agreed, although I really don't see us not signing at least one striker before deadline. It would leave us far too short up front.

Sadly, what seems to have been lost by some on here is we've already spent about £42 million (and it would have been nearer £50 million if Dwamena had passed his medical). The way some moan on here, you'd think we'd not spent anything this summer.

Err... don't we have well over £100M. What are we doing with the rest of it?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

What some on here also don't grasp is both Watford and Bournemouth spent well over 60 million and i consider us a vast Superior club than those.

In other words 42 million is is at the low end. Keep dressing it up you will fool some but not all.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Err... you do realise those players need to be paid don't you?

I imagine there is still money left over (hence we are trying to sign players) but moaning constantly won't make it any more likely to happen.
Indeed. Hughton was quoted saying the issue isn't fees as much as player demands.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

You need to understand that our squad is playing catch up with the other teams in order to survive. As many of our transfer fees have been undisclosed. I'm wondering if your getting that figure from 'make it all up Naylor'.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What some on here also don't grasp is both Watford and Bournemouth spent well over 60 million and i consider us a vast Superior club than those.

In other words 42 million is is at the low end. Keep dressing it up you will fool some but not all.

Are you talking about this summer? If so, I am pretty sure that is not true. About a week ago there was a stat on here that we are about the sixth highest net spenders in the Premier League this summer.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Are you talking about this summer? If so, I am pretty sure that is not true. About a week ago there was a stat on here that we are about the sixth highest net spenders in the Premier League this summer.

First season Bournemouth and Watford were promoted to this league they spent over of 60 million. Norwich spent around 35 million and were relegated.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
We talk about needing/looking for two strikers. With Murray unlikely to play much of a part before the new year, the question is surely, should that be 3? :wink:

"The new year" !!
I saw Murray on video , on the beach on Sunday walking normally.
Perhaps he is struggling to recover. Fair enough.
But
This injury rumour is completely out of control, on hardly any scraps and certainly no confirmation from anyone. We will no doubt hear it's so bad he will be retiring next.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
If we'd been a bit quicker off the mark with a striker like Hudds with Mounie we wouldn't be subject to the nuts valuations post Neymar. And yes I realise hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if the names being bandied around now are the ones that have been on our target list all summer, that list is underwhelming to say the least. The club might yet pull a value, rather than overpriced rabbit out of the bag yet, but with 2 days left out of 125 my fear is that it'll turn into a Black Friday supermarket sweep, where a couple of days later you realise you've totally overpayed for something that nobody else wanted

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You need to understand that our squad is playing catch up with the other teams in order to survive. As many of our transfer fees have been undisclosed. I'm wondering if your getting that figure from 'make it all up Taylor'.

Not made up by me. Regularly quoted in the Argus but you are right nobody does know how much we've spent so how can they compare it to other clubs when complaining?

Anyway, we are getting off topic here. My main point is there is too much negativity on here. You, among others, never have anything positive to say and it gets boring after a while. Why not wait until the window closes to moan rather than spending the next two days complaining?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
First season Bournemouth and Watford were promoted to this league they spent over of 60 million. Norwich spent around 35 million and were relegated.

There is little point in discussing if you are going to make things up. I looked it up. Bournemouth spent about £25 million in their first summer up and Watford about the same as we have according to what I found.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There is little point in discussing if you are going to make things up. I looked it up. Bournemouth spent about £25 million in their first summer up and Watford about the same as we have according to what I found.

Really ? Then you are pretty thick

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] has proof

If you say so. That wasn't what the site I looked at said. If there is proof then fair enough.

Also, do you mean all season or the summer? If the former, it is not fair to compare. We can only compare to what Bournemouth and Watford did in the summer transfer window or it is not a like for like comparison.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Err... don't we have well over £100M. What are we doing with the rest of it?

The higher the fee, higher the wage. Hughton has said that wages have been the main issue not the fees. Squad of 25 on an average of 30-40 thousand per week would take you close to 100,000,000

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] has proof

Here's his graph

5e230f8b28e30fefecb5c3f48bd3c840.png

Via https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/894157728368791558

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills