Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point gained or two points dropped?

Was Watford one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 91 37.0%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 155 63.0%

• Total voters

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
1 actual, and several psycological, points gained. We have proved we can outplay a decent team who drew with Liverpool and beat Bournemouth before us. We were better than them before the sending off and certainly afterwards. A decent striker and we will be fine. Believe!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:ffsparr: Another idiot - i've been long for one to argue that recruitment is a long and tedious job and argued plenty against those who think it's as simple as you state. It's tongue in cheek, but I'm not entirely sure I have to explain that given how casual the comment was.

But such is I'm having to explain it.
I think it's a little idiotic to think you have to explain it's tongue in cheek. I doubt if many NSCers actually believed there was a pacey poachers shop.........................

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 points dropped but with a fair few Albion positives not to mention others in the division, so it's not the doom and gloom you'd associate from such a position..

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Having a few glasses of wine happy that we have a point and the team played well ,the first point in the top tear of English footie for 34 years can live with that after all the shit between

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Both IMO
2 points dropped for the amount of possession and chances we had
1 point gained, because we didn't loose
It's a start :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Point gained.

Off the mark, now to beat West Brom and raise the average to 1 point per game.

And no one wants to go into the international break with zero points.

Last edited:

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Decent strikers are usually Internationals, so not likely to be seen at the Club until the Internationals are over. Unless we not going down the proven route?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Has to be 2 dropped. We were the better team when it was 11 v 11 and didn't capitalise enough after they went down to 10.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Two points dropped, thought lack of quality forward options. No doubt about it. Let's hope we don't end up 2 points from survival...Personslly I think we need at least 2 strikers and one needs to be the real deal. No a gamble on a wing and a prayer.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Both.
Would have taken a point before the game, but we started fine and once against 10 men we were the better side, so wouldn't have taken a point from then on.

This for me too.

Head says what a terrific away point; at a team that had taken 4 points from 6. Most importantly, we’ve got a point on the board and we’re out of the bottom three. That’ll be a huge psychological and confidence boost for the lads who dominated the game, and looked very comfortable as a unit.

Heart says we should have taken all three points as we were by far the better team and, especially against 10 men, I doubt we’ll have many chances like that all season to snaffle all three points away from home.

Great game, terrific atmosphere, fantastic support and but for the woodwork and a few close shaves we’d have nicked all three points. However, at the start of today I would have happily taken a point away at Watford so am delighted with the result.

I was hugely uplifted by today’s Albion performance and the team’s spirit and effort, which was vastly superior to that of our last two Premier League games. Ryan had almost nothing to do and we looked solid at the back. One can only hope that we build on today and that, with a bit of added firepower up front, things will improve. Going to be an exciting season.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Shame we couldn't have nicked it as 3 points from 3 very difficult games would have been a terrific start. But 1 isn't terrible. If we can beat West Brom - not easy either - then 4 points from 4 is bang on track for survival. I think if we can get the strikers we need, we can grow into this season. Stability & team spirit is a big asset, where others have some uncertainty and discontent.

Of course it's 2 dropped as you have to take advantage of those few occasions a season when your opponents self destruct to 10. It showed what we all knew is a clear weakness up front

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Point gained but with it a belief that we might just be able to hold our own in this league against the other weaker sides. The performance today and real effort has lifted everyone. I was buzzing after the match.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here