Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm delighted by our transfer business and strategy

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm not going to ask your source, but can you give us a clue?

All I know is....contact of mine who deals with lots of agents.....was told today that Brighton are hoping to bring in someone before the weekend....and it is likely to set another transfer record....a Dutchman was mentioned. Honestly don't know whether it is a striker but we'll just have to wait and see.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
All I know is....contact of mine who deals with lots of agents.....was told today that Brighton are hoping to bring in someone before the weekend....and it is likely to set another transfer record....a Dutchman was mentioned. Honestly don't know whether it is a striker but we'll just have to wait and see.

I've just quoted two posts on the ZERO chance of signing anyone today thread, which backs this up. [MENTION=21011]HantsSeagull[/MENTION] and another one [MENTION=12052]seagull_special[/MENTION] said two signings this week, and in came Propper. Thanks.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

*Prays for Vincent Janssen or Bas Dost

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
You will be even more delighted before this week is out.
I am expecting us to break our transfer record again, to bring in another key player. ( May even be another Dutchman )

Wouldn't mind us signing Jurgen Locadia, good age and good record.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Seeing as Iheanacho has already left Manchester City for first team football at Leicester, we'd struggle to sign him.

I meant anyone so far, I know he has gone to Leicester, but, if we were going up to 25 million earlier in the window he's the only one in the PL I'd have fancied.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thank Christ the club aren't thinking that way, as according to another thread they will buying a RB this summer.

The PL is awash with great left wingers/forwards and left backs with immense pace.

So it's great that we're reinforcing the RB slot.
Thank Christ you're not in charge of the club's finances! We can't just spend, spend, spend. We've spent a lot already, and we need to buy a striker, which won't be cheap. Of course, there are always some who think we should just go out and buy a whole new team, with a whole new trenche of cover too.................

I'm not saying that the club won't buy another RB, or try to, but compared to getting a striker, it's not a priority. Sure, there are better RBs than Bruno and Rosenior out there. There are better CBs than Dunk and Duffy, and much better midfielders than Stephens, but we won't be immediately trying to replace them either. We have to cut our cloth. If a new RB happens, it happens; if it doesn't, I won't be worrying myself sick about it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thank Christ you're not in charge of the club's finances! We can't just spend, spend, spend. We've spent a lot already, and we need to buy a striker, which won't be cheap. Of course, there are always some who think we should just go out and buy a whole new team, with a whole new trenche of cover too.................

I'm not saying that the club won't buy another RB, or try to, but compared to getting a striker, it's not a priority. Sure, there are better RBs than Bruno and Rosenior out there. There are better CBs than Dunk and Duffy, and much better midfielders than Stephens, but we won't be immediately trying to replace them either. We have to cut our cloth. If a new RB happens, it happens; if it doesn't, I won't be worrying myself sick about it.

Your assuming, wrongly, that we have to spend big on a RB and that I want that.

The club have already shown this summer that are unearthing talent across Europe without paying silly money.

Well done to club for identifying positions including RB that need improving.

Who's the person that wants a whole new team then? Reveal all, with evidence.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who's the person that wants a whole new team then? Reveal all, with evidence.
Just read through the appropriate threads posted in the last three months - I'm not going to do it for you - and see the lists that people have posted about what they think we need -
New GK (X2);
New RB;
New LB (X2);
New CB (X2 or 3);
New CM (X2 or 3);
New winger(s);
Marquee signing strikers (X2);
A number 10;
Several Better Baldocks.........

I don't think that anybody's actually stated "a whole new team", but the above list looks like the best part of two new teams to me! It is entirely reasonable for us to go into our first season in the PL using some of the players that got us there - they don't all have to be replaced - and I'd include Bruno and Rosenior in that "all".

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
This does seem to be a Strategy we pursue, pairing signings, the Israelis, Ingolstadt etc... so could be a Dutch striker or a player from PSV.

Wilfred Bony? Seemingly has no future at Man City. Wages would be high, but could be offset by a signing on fee.

Jürgen Locadia is another promising young Dutch international at PSV who links up well with Propper and is also both fast and strong. Has played up front for PSV but is more of a left sided attacker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here