Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fan handed three year banning order after climbing boundary at Sincil Bank

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And how many other dedicated Brighton fans decided to follow his lead and go over the wall.

Seens to me they were quite able to celebrate the goal without the need to get pitchside.

Even the 3rd goal at Brentford didn't see any fans jump over the wall.if these hundredsof fans are able to showself restraint and just celebrate the giak(s) on the terrace why was the chap unable to do the same.

I suppose the next question is whether the Albion will look to ban him from the Amex for a longer period than his current 3 year ban.

No one is saying he has done nothing wrong, but just eject him from the stadium, banning him for 3 years and restricting his movements on match days is pretty severe for the offence.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm sure with an eye patch and a Christmas cracker moustache he can still sneak in on POTG games. Wouldn't look out of place with the police box bunch.

He can gladly have my Season ticket when I can't make home games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
He also tried to stop the stewards taking him out of the stand by climbing over the seats and hiding behind other fans.

Jesus Christ what a *******! Hiding behind other fans!? Lets just be thankful he didn't go even further and call one of the stewards a dirty rascal.

Honestly I wonder why some people who post on here even bother following football. Netball or chess would be easier.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Regardless of this guys past, it is is clear to anyone that the punishment is way over the top for the 'offence' of over-exuberantly celebrating a goal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hardly embarrassing themselves. Pitch invasions after giant-killing cup wins or last day must win games are part and parcel of British football culture, aren't they? The day that scenes like these become criminal offences is the day I fall out of love with football.

165e1e.jpg

2h3oi78.jpg

Something tells me you didn't watch that vid properly Mr Buzzer...! Have another look at what many are doing!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Hardly embarrassing themselves. Pitch invasions after giant-killing cup wins or last day must win games are part and parcel of British football culture, aren't they? The day that scenes like these become criminal offences is the day I fall out of love with football.

165e1e.jpg

2h3oi78.jpg

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/m...on-match-day/story-30149622-detail/story.html

Would be embarrassed myself if Albion fans celebrated a victory by goading away fans and throwing missiles at them and also their coaches when leaving the area , however whatever floats your boat .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Player runs over to fans to celebrate a goal , leaves field of play , punishment = a yellow card , erm i think they have been a tad over zealous with the punishment here , previous infringements or not .

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Totally ridiculous. I saw that incident and the steward in question was a disgrace. He was gagging to arrest someone, anyone. This guy did jump the board, but immediately jumped back into the crowd. The steward meanwhile was marching up and down and trying to get others detained. He succeeded as well. I later saw a kid in tears and a guy being marched out whilst I guess he wife was remonstrating with the police. The steward was not managing the crowd with any sense of calm.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Genuine question: does anyone know if there is a difference in law between encroaching on the playing surface after FT as opposed to during the game?

No difference:
The following periods are ‘relevant’ to a football match1:
(a) the period beginning:
i. 24 hours before the start of the match; or
ii. 24 hours before the time at which it is advertised to start;
which ever is the earliest, and ending 24 hours after the end of the match;

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Does he actually enter the field of play though? I suppose technically he does / technically he doesn't? Happens far worse than this every week at football and not many of them will receive banning orders that I know of - certainly not 3 years...? I'm still unsure as to where he actually ended up - did he stay on the wall or just hop over it in his excitement but not as far as the pitch?

I said earlier that one bloke jumped onto the back of the net, but after reading the details of the news report doubted it was this guy. However, that photo, if it is of the banned bloke, looks like it was. Surely there's some footage of this. Maybe I imagined it in the delirium of seeing a Richie Towell goal.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
2 Swindon fans escaped with a small fine this week after running on the pitch after Oxford scored. They ran up to the Oxford end gesturing abusivly, one of them even done a moonie. Both had criminal records for violence. No bans were dished out. Footage is available on YouTube

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
2 Swindon fans escaped with a small fine this week after running on the pitch after Oxford scored. They ran up to the Oxford end gesturing abusivly, one of them even done a moonie. Both had criminal records for violence. No bans were dished out. Footage is available on YouTube
BHA chap must of had a real shit lawyer not to get of this one.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He did himself

And admitted the charge.

The judge must have then considered his previous record when handing out a sentence, otherwise why would the punishment have been so harsh. Perhaps they are also cracking down on pitch encroachment during the 90mins?

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
And admitted the charge.

The judge must have then considered his previous record when handing out a sentence, otherwise why would the punishment have been so harsh. Perhaps they are also cracking down on pitch encroachment during the 90mins?

'They' can't be cracking down on pitch encroachment outside the boundaries of Lincoln as the 2 Swindon fans (with previous convictions for violence) only got a £166 fine and no banning order. Now let's get this straight, these Swindon fans clearly went on the pitch to cause trouble and goad the Oxford fans as can be seen clearly on the YouTube video. Absolutely baffled by it all myself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here