Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well we knew all about him from the scouting, and I suspect every challenge on him had that little bit extra in it from our lads - add that to the dog's abuse he was getting from us he was on a hiding to nothing from the off. Marvellous scenes

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He played a more central role at Brentford. Absolutely wasted on the wing at Norwich and doesn't seem to add much to a midfield with a high number of lightweight tricky players.

That is why Pritchard is a complete moron. He was never going to replace Hoolahan in the Number 10 role, and they also have Naismith who plays that position. We do not have anyone, he wants to sack his agent asap.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That is why Pritchard is a complete moron. He was never going to replace Hoolahan in the Number 10 role, and they also have Naismith who plays that position. We do not have anyone, he wants to sack his agent asap.

Completely. He went for short term financial gain, which is fair enough. But, when you're a young player leaving a big club to play regular football, you go to the club that can offer that. We obviously had a clear plan of where to play him. Norwich wanted to add him to Hoolahan, Murphy and Naismith. I know who I would choose but he went for short term benefit rather than long term potential.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That was pointed out as well on the Norwich forum. Even they thought that. I did think that the person who couldn't understand why Brighton fans were upset was a little dim, especially saying that we were one of the smallest clubs in the championship.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Completely. He went for short term financial gain, which is fair enough. But, when you're a young player leaving a big club to play regular football, you go to the club that can offer that. We obviously had a clear plan of where to play him. Norwich wanted to add him to Hoolahan, Murphy and Naismith. I know who I would choose but he went for short term benefit rather than long term potential.

That was pointed out as well on the Norwich forum. Even they thought that. I did think that the person who couldn't understand why Brighton fans were upset was a little dim, especially saying that we were one of the smallest clubs in the championship.

And to add, Norwich are desperate for a decent number 9. Jerome is decent at this level, but if you are bringing on Oliveira as your only other striker, you have spent your money poorly. Even [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] will admit we have better striking options than Norwich.

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Some players thrive on getting stick. He clearly isn't one as he was awful yesterday and looked genuinely affected by the abuse he was getting.

Our current recruitment team gets a lot of deserved praise, so we have to be consistent, and accept that Pilchard must have some ability for the club to have been prepared to pay whatever millions it was in the end. But you are right in that, with so much to prove, he was so ineffective. Perhaps the abuse did get to him, but it is all part and parcel of the game, and you would have thought that he might just have risen above that with so much at stake for him, given that also, he is not a regular starter for Norwich, and might have been desperate to prove a point to them as well as us. Great fun booing him, though!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And to add, Norwich are desperate for a decent number 9. Jerome is decent at this level, but if you are bringing on Oliveira as your only over striker, you have spent your money poorly. Even [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] will admit we have better striking options than Norwich.

I doubt he will but it is a fair point. Ironically, after Alex Neil's comments, they seemed quite predictable. Too many similar players and we showed how to deal with it. Alex Neil calls it defensive, I call it actually being able to defend, which judging by yesterday and their record so far this season, they can't. We have 10 clean sheets because we have a solid back line and defend well, not because we sit back every game.

Looking at yesterday, instead of buying Pritchard, they should have spent big on their defence. I know a defender who went for half the cost of Pritchard who would have made them more solid defensively. Sadly for them, he plays for us now.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, greed took over and the amount that they were prepared to pay him, tickled his vanity. Whilst I could understand his frustration at not playing at spurs, his public outburst about how pleased he was to leave, said a great deal about this character: afterall isn't everything supposed to stay in the dressing room, or so we are told. Absolutely no sympathy.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes, greed took over and the amount that they were prepared to pay him, tickled his vanity. Whilst I could understand his frustration at not playing at spurs, his public outburst about how pleased he was to leave, said a great deal about this character: afterall isn't everything supposed to stay in the dressing room, or so we are told. Absolutely no sympathy.

Agreed. Tottenham made him the player he is and looking at yesterday he is so far off a top Premier League player it is ridiculous.

The irony is, if you are so frustrated at not getting first team football, why not go somewhere you are guaranteed to get regular games in your favoured central position. Not occasional games out wide. It makes no sense. Short term financial gain instead of long term football gain.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No it is not. He was recommended by scouts who watched him a number of times, not in one match where Norwich were to be honest all terrible. He was apparently brilliant for Brentford in this division so I'm sure he is better than we saw yesterday. ....
Exactly. The abuse yesterday was all good pantomime stuff, but Norwich were individually and collectively shocking. Who would have believed that their goalkeeper for example had not only played in the Euros but had out-performed Joe Hart? They're all better than that, Pritchard included.

Still, even though our recruitment team have been almost 100% spot on in the Hughton era they're not going to get everything right every time. Let's hope Pritchard was going to be their biggest mistake!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Exactly. The abuse yesterday was all good pantomime stuff, but Norwich were individually and collectively shocking. Who would have believed that their goalkeeper for example had not only played in the Euros but had out-performed Joe Hart? They're all better than that, Pritchard included.

Still, even though our recruitment team have been almost 100% spot on in the Hughton era they're not going to get everything right every time. Let's hope Pritchard was going to be their biggest mistake!

But even if he doesn't work there, it doesn't mean he wouldn't have worked here. It is a big difference to getting occasional games out wide to being a regular in his favoured position.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A poor man's Jeff Minton

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But even if he doesn't work there, it doesn't mean he wouldn't have worked here. It is a big difference to getting occasional games out wide to being a regular in his favoured position.

Oh I agree, it's just that as he turned us down when Norwich gazumped us I'm rather hoping he turns out to be a complete turkey! I'm sure he won't though, and like I said I know he's better than he appeared yesterday. My Brentford-supporting mate raved about him.

Maybe he should have done some more research on the role Norwich wanted him for as opposed to just blindly accepting the bigger pay packet. For his sake I do hope the extra money is a life-changing amount as football-wise he's only marginally better off than he was at Spurs.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Oh I agree, it's just that as he turned us down when Norwich gazumped us I'm rather hoping he turns out to be a complete turkey! I'm sure he won't though, and like I said I know he's better than he appeared yesterday. My Brentford-supporting mate raved about him.

Maybe he should have done some more research on the role Norwich wanted him for as opposed to just blindly accepting the bigger pay packet. For his sake I do hope the extra money is a life-changing amount as football-wise he's only marginally better off than he was at Spurs.

Agreed. There's no point in leaving a big club to get first team football at his age when you go to another club where you are far from guaranteed it. Hughton clearly had a plan about how to get the best out of Pritchard. It doesn't look like Neil does.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was the girlfriend taller than him?

Yup

071153.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here