Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson Official Fan Club opening

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Regarding his attitude, a few months ago I stumbled across an exchange between Connor and a Shrewsbury fan on Twitter. It went like this

[tweet]672197232444243970[/tweet]

[tweet]672330329609347072[/tweet]

Demonstrating an attitude far beyond many players.

Edit. For some reason I can't embed Connor's response, here's a link

https://twitter.com/connorgoldson/status/672330329609347072

[MENTION=3]Trigger[/MENTION]

This was his response :thumbsup:

@alewis36 no no that's not mad. Improving every day thank you at a team top of the championship. Thanks again tho 👍🏽

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I certainly would subscribe to this suggestion.

For sure I hope CH see's it the same way and wouldn't do anything to piss him ( CG ) off. I say this on the basis of others, under previous managers, who have 'voted' with their feet and are now gainfully employed at clubs such as Bmuff and Spurs.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I was at Hull last night and the Dunk / Goldson partnership looked very impressive. Hernandez, who has been terrorising defences, was completely nullified. What both have is good physicality and pace which could make them one of the best CB pairings in the Chamionship.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Looks every bit as good as Dunk without the stupid mistakes. What a player.

He did actually make quite a bad one last night, but got himself out of trouble with an impressive turn of pace.

I've been an unnoficial member of this club since the Blackburn game, where he kept Rhodes quiet all game and was on the end of every Blackburn cross.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I was at Hull last night and the Dunk / Goldson partnership looked very impressive. Hernandez, who has been terrorising defences, was completely nullified. What both have is good physicality and pace which could make them one of the best CB pairings in the Chamionship.

Both are destined for the premier league with or without us. Goldson is class, despite being more inexperienced, he is so good he is helping to make Dunk a better player.

Did anyone else see on Twitter tonight the story of how Leeds were going to sign him but Cellino pulled out of the deal as he didn't think Goldson had the right shape head for heading the ball?!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Another excellent display from Goldson last night.

Really good to see how mobile he was across the back line - covering for Rosenior as well as for Bruno. Plus showed a willingness to carry the ball forward when Weds sat back. Sadly the conditions, tactics, team selection and oppostion mindset (and their quality) made for a frustrating evening of lofted chips into Hemed or into the channels.

Fully deserved MoM.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He gets better and better. Fantastic signing and probably the best positive of the whole season.

PG

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Another excellent display from Goldson last night.

Really good to see how mobile he was across the back line - covering for Rosenior as well as for Bruno. Plus showed a willingness to carry the ball forward when Weds sat back. Sadly the conditions, tactics, team selection and oppostion mindset (and their quality) made for a frustrating evening of lofted chips into Hemed or into the channels.

Fully deserved MoM.

There was one moment right towards the end of the 2nd half, when SW stretched us at the back and the ball, having been moved into our box from the right, was laid back to Barry Bannan, running onto the ball. Goldson not only had the acceleration to match his run, he got a great block in that stopped a close range angled shot. All-round class.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Most top Champ CB's who aren't quite Prem standard (but amazing) are at that level because they are missing ONE attribute. Maybe pace, height, strength, ability on the ball, reading of the game, experience etc.

I think he has all those and will be destined to be a Captain one day.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
There was a good moment in the first half also when he outpaced Joao (who was half a step in front of him to start with, and is very strong and definitely no slouch) to cut out a through pass.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He's got all the attributes to be a top, top class centre back. He's absolutely rapid as well for a CB... Hooper got wrong side a couple of times and got caught very quickly.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Yes - I was thinking that this young lad was progressing nicely and could be a good player one day.

That day has definitely arrived and this guy was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch against Sheff Wed.

I struggle to see how either Greer (who has been a stalwart for us and gets unfair stick too often) or Hunemier will win their places back on merit TBH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here