Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Question Time tonight - in WORTHING

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I will watch this for once as local but the quality of the program has rapidly gone downhill recently.

It's almost as if you are say, on NSC of all places, that the standard of political debate has deteriorated.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Parties send the same ‘safe’ pair hands and stop anyone else from attending. I dislike the increasing trend of shouty audiences, just reflects society today though: few people have any manners, tolerance and perspective are at an all time low seemingly whilst the art of apology and/or admitting mistakes has completely died out because our culture views that as a weakness.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Parties send the same ‘safe’ pair hands and stop anyone else from attending. I dislike the increasing trend of shouty audiences, just reflects society today though: few people have any manners, tolerance and perspective are at an all time low seemingly whilst the art of apology and/or admitting mistakes has completely died out because our culture views that as a weakness.

The loud mouth audiences have always been the way. I watched it in the 1980's with Robin Day, when each week the audience comprised an unrepresentative left wing rent a mob, booing/interrupting everything said by any panelist not in the Labour Party. The different now is that right wing/Brexit rent a mobs seem to have grown in strength in the QT audience.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Its interesting when you look at the results of Brexit based on parts of the country breakdown. 382 authorities, 263 voted to leave, that's 69%, more than two thirds of the country.

Of those 263, Worthing was 220th, so some distance short of hard Brexit, but more reflective of the rest of the country than Brighton and Hove :)

Thanks for that; interesting. In my ward, voting is a very depressing experience but to the east of the town there's is a younger demographic and Labour made in-roads in the local elections.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
No doubt the audience will be the usual left wing S***, despite Worthing being majority Brexit and Conservative and right wing since the year dot. Dimbleby will give the usual carefully selected speech. Think I will swerve the borefest.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Labour woman being nauseating after 10 minutes

FFS question was about a General Election not effing Brexit

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gammon No.1 arrived

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports