Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I dunno, what do you think?

www.horsedeathwatch.com

And Baldock, Kayal and Sidwell should have been stuck under a tarpaulin and shot.

In my eagerness to draw a comparison between violence at the races and at football, and the Government’s response to the latter, I was inappropriately flippant with my first sentence. Apologies.

The banning of horse racing is not something I have given any thought to - again, apologies for the flippancy.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No excuses kicking someone in the head whilst on the ground, especially when ironed out

Hope the coward gets caught

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
In my eagerness to draw a comparison between violence at the races and at football, and the Government’s response to the latter, I was inappropriately flippant with my first sentence. Apologies.

The banning of horse racing is not something I have given any thought to - again, apologies for the flippancy.

Don't worry about it, I didn't take any offence to your comment. If you want to give it some thought, though, there's a fair old rumpus on debate.org, here.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not the first time either , waste of time going racing at weekends as full of idiots off their heads wanting a punch up

This.

I get free tickets for that meeting as a member of the golf club and never even contemplated going because of idiots like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When commoners put on a suit, do a load of coke and booze and head off for a days races they think they're in Peaky Blinders. Ban commoners and you'll solve the problem.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When commoners put on a suit, do a load of coke and booze and head off for a days races they think they're in Peaky Blinders. Ban commoners and you'll solve the problem.

Nail, head.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That was savage beyond belief to go an kick someone already down in the head

It was, but it looked like the guy was swinging a punch at him while he was backing away, and hesomehow took him down before he got hit. No need to kick him in the head when he was down, but I can see how adrenaline would have taken over.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Or attempted murder?

I Was talking to a Crown Court judge once about Assault charging and he said that if you hit/kick someone who is already on the floor and out of it, then your intention is for them not to get up and so an attempted murder charge is perfectly appropriate.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
This is nothing new at Goodwood ,having lived in the vicinity most of my life .
I have driven over Goodwood hill many times when racing is on and the last time I was confronted by race goers in the road throwing up and rolling about in the road and the women seem worse than the men all orange in colour and laying in the verges or being sick and pis*ing in the road.
The course are only interested in getting more people in the races and ply more booze down their already pissed necks so they spend more .
They couldn't give a sh*te about safety .
These individuals are drunk before they go in the races and in any other sport they would be refused entry .

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Anyone regularly go to horse racing and is violence a regular thing?

It all depends where and when. Saturdays -especially in the summer at say Haydock - are a nightmare. Full of Wigan pikeys up for a scrap who can't take thier beer. This is easily avoidable but the solution involves chucking cash at the problem to go in one of the members areas or the like. The basic issue is that the courses aren't geared up from a security perspective to cope with a bus load of lads who want to go for a tear up. Unlike the football where you can't move for someone screaming for a policeman when it kicks off it is normally down to one bloke in Hi Viz who generally thinks better of it. Something needs to be done as it is getting worse in particular when the football season is over so this will get more airtime in the next 2 months.

In answer to an earlier point made in jest, drinking in the view of the horses is generally banned

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It all depends where and when. Saturdays -especially in the summer at say Haydock - are a nightmare. Full of Wigan pikeys up for a scrap who can't take thier beer. This is easily avoidable but the solution involves chucking cash at the problem to go in one of the members areas or the like. The basic issue is that the courses aren't geared up from a security perspective to cope with a bus load of lads who want to go for a tear up. Unlike the football where you can't move for someone screaming for a policeman when it kicks off it is normally down to one bloke in Hi Viz who generally thinks better of it. Something needs to be done as it is getting worse in particular when the football season is over so this will get more airtime in the next 2 months.

In answer to an earlier point made in jest, drinking in the view of the horses is generally banned

I was recently reading an article about boxing and how large groups of scrubbed up geezers getting on the sniff and champagne are having punch ups and it’s now a regular issue at such events. Football allegiances cause some of the fights, the article included an amusing story about some celebrity West Ham hooligan getting smacked in by Millwall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here