Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dr Who

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I seems to difficult to have a conversation about it without being accused of misogyny but I just do not feel it was achange that was in anyway necessary. I will watch Doctor Who as I have for 40 odd years and hope the new actor is really good in the role and wish all the best of luck doing it, have nothing against her but just feel it's a bit strange. Although to be honest it's the writing (mostly terrible, apart from a few episodes, since towards the end of 10's spell, and that's with 11 being my second favourite, and at some times ludicrously bad) that worries me more than anything. Hopefully some good writing and sterling perfomances to come in the future I guess.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Here is what you actually said about Star Wars The Force Awakens (for anyone that wants to see how consistent you are...):

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?331280-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-with-Spoilers-discussion-thread&p=7223786&viewfull=1#post7223786

I didn't say I didn't enjoy it, I said Rey is a comical character whose storyline and abilities are a laugh.

So what you proved is i'm consistent with critiquing canon of a movie/TV show. Fail on your behalf.

Rey is a comical character in terms of her instant powers, but as you've proved I still enjoyed the film despite that which means I enjoyed the film with her in it.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
As The Viper said, it's a children's show....who the heck cares?
Do grown men really rush home to watch Dr Who?

Good marketing by the BBC though....

Probably the same grown men who watch 22 men kick a bag of air about or who still play computer games. Enjoy what you enjoy - nothing really matters and Dr Who has never been a children's programme anyway - it's a family show made by BBC drama.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's about people being sick to death of long established characters and TV shows/movies being ****ed up with by stupid remakes/reboots by studios.

Terminator, Ghostbusters,Get Carter, Arthur, Pink Panther, Poltergeist, Psycho and on and on and on the endless lazy efforts keep coming.

Well the latter is true, no doubt. But Dr Who has always been rebooted with new Doctors, thats kind of the point of the show's longevity, so I can't see how that can be a criticism here.

Also, there was a female Doctor in 1999, this isn't new

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It's about people being sick to death of long established characters and TV shows/movies being ****ed up with by stupid remakes/reboots by studios.

Terminator, Ghostbusters,Get Carter, Arthur, Pink Panther, Poltergeist, Psycho and on and on and on the endless lazy efforts keep coming.

I thought it was about the 13th Dr Who being a woman.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Doesn't the Doctor have two cocks, or did I imagine that. Never seen it.

I might have read it in Viz actually.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here