Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Let's talk about an "away end" again

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hi..........if you want your unpleasant neighbour to walk in your lounge, crap on the floor and calmly walk out with impunity, then crack on. Whatever floats your boat.

I note that most of those advocating that they remain are nowhere to be seen when these "valuable" away posters put their "bantz" on here......but I suppose they wouldn't be if they,re submissive.

Hi if your neighbours want to come in and crap on your floor then I would seriously think about moving house not just stop then getting in...

My experience of away fans comments have in general been in range ok to good yes there are some trolls but they are easily dealt with. I have had and seen more negativity (to put it nicely) from some our own fans on issues football and non-football so can I pick and chose who I want to ban from the board?

I think this board represents the spirit of Brighton (the city) and the club by being inclusive and that makes it a lot better than any of the other football club's boards I have been on.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Keep it as it is.

Away fans are welcome, we get the odd idiot but 90% are totally fine, including the Palace mob.

Ignore the moaners Bozza.

boik

Part of the joy of being a fan is that it brings people together. When I was contracting and changing jobs, it was always the football fans I first started talking to, whoever they supported.

NSC is a brilliant forum for talking to all sorts of people, about all sorts of things and I'd hate that to change. I guess I don't understand how much time moderating takes, but I think we should keep it open, and only jump on people who shout things that are objectionable to reasonable people. "My team is better than yours" is to be expected in the situation and no reason to have a tantrum. We should treat those up the road the same as we treat fans of other teams. They didn't choose where they were born any more than we did.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Most of the Palace goons on here will be leaving school soon so their input should improve.

I fear for Dougie if we create an away end. It may push the CJTC over the edge if it doesn't have it's NSC chums to wannk over. On a Friday and Saturday evening.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I'm all for it so long as you insist they give their name and address if wishing to join.Then if they piss us off you can post their details after which we can hunt them down and kill them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Some reasonable comment on this thread 'Andrew Surman bid?' by two Bournemouth fans clear evidence that being inclusive is the way to be.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think the mods already do an excellent job keeping an eye on the trolls. The regular away contributors including the Palace ones add to the vitality of the board in my view. I'd leave it as is.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Bozza,

That link appears wrong?

I have only started posting of late, having been advised not to bother by various mates due to in-fighting, one way discussions etc. However, I decided to give it a go some 4 years or so after registering.

Well, I was called a Palaaarse sleeper in the last week, someone who don't know the Brighton area well ( my 1st home game was in 1970), a bed wetter, a pantie pooper all based on trying to discuss some of the issues effecting our season currently.

I will add that all football forums are similar in my experience, the same defensive guns are fired at Chelsea for example, if you do not tow the party line.

In short people need to grow up and talk to people they don't actually know, in a nicer manner, no-one in their right mind would say things to people in a bar that they say on these forums, or they wouldn't be standing for long, and that is generally good advice that has come from other forums when these people (keyboard warriors) have been challenged.

Yes

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some reasonable comment on this thread 'Andrew Surman bid?' by two Bournemouth fans clear evidence that being inclusive is the way to be.

And my tentative proposal for an away end would see that continue (I didn't think most would read my whole opening post and/or interpret it incorrectly). I'll restate:

The purpose of the away end would be:

1. It's where away fans are expected to post their BANTZ and Albion piss-taking.
2. It's where away fans would be banished to if they don't follow 1 above.

The away end wouldn't be for immediately banishing ALL away fans to as soon as their colours are known.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I think it’s fine. Just don’t ban people for a personal vendetta. If it’s an open insult to the general populous that’s a different thing.

Case Study 01

“To all you Albion fans that thought you were better than us and thought we were crap. Have one of these ***, look at you now”.

That is the problem of the aforementioned, not the general. Yes, they are a massive clown, but if you banned people on here that are massive clowns then...you get the jist.

Case Study 02

“All Brighton fans Mothers and Grandmothers are fat slags and you’re all a bunch of twits.”

That’s more generally offensive.

Also, if you ban you create ‘martyrdom’. By not banning you’d hope it encourages a site for open debate. I use that term lightly as I appreciate this isn’t Utopia.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why do we need to separate it out , we dish it out so should expect some comeback.

I guess this follows on from some CPFC fans laughing as they are now above us, well the season isn't ended yet.

Most away fans seem ok to me and that includes the CPFC & Burnely regulars whose comments are generally within bounds of reasonable discussion.

next people will be asking the board to stop away fans singing at the ground or indeed have no away fans.

Sums it up perfectly, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] How about banning the people who moan at you instead ? Most away fans on NSC are valued posters and that includes the Palace lot. Any that aren’t are easily ignored by grown ups.
At the end of the day it’s your website though so do whatever makes things easiest for you. It’s easy for the rest of us to have an opinion that doesn’t impact on our lives at all.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm all for it. Other fans can continue to post on all threads until they behave like a ****, at that point they are restricted to the away end. Same rules exist on the Palace board and work fine, I am not restricted by the way.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Something like this?

Screenshot from 2018-01-16 09-40-51.png

Er, no thanks.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure what the problem is , there's enough goons masquerading as Brighton fans on here as there are Palace fans , the filter is quite easy , apart from the resident 4 or 5 you only see the Palace goons when they win and you only see the Brighton masqueraders when we lose .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
And my tentative proposal for an away end would see that continue (I didn't think most would read my whole opening post and/or interpret it incorrectly). I'll restate:

The purpose of the away end would be:

1. It's where away fans are expected to post their BANTZ and Albion piss-taking.
2. It's where away fans would be banished to if they don't follow 1 above.

The away end wouldn't be for immediately banishing ALL away fans to as soon as their colours are known.

I'll go back to my original post on this, if we are prepared to dish it out we have to be prepared to take it unless it is grossly offensive and then just ban them and that should apply to what we do as well. It seems an unnecessary overhead to me but what do as I know as apparently another poster has confined me to the thicko group.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sadly that rule seems to have been abandoned and they can derail albion threads at will now, as well as gloat all over the board when they so desire.

Reminds us all they are our rivals, I would rather read some scrote from Croydons wind ups than read Albion posters denying the rivalry, and stating they feel neither one way or the other about Palace.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I'll go back to my original post on this, if we are prepared to dish it out we have to be prepared to take it unless it is grossly offensive and then just ban them and that should apply to what we do as well. It seems an unnecessary overhead to me but what do as I know as apparently another poster has confined me to the thicko group.

Each to there own I suppose. I'm football mad, Palace obsessed, home & away and look up Palace stuff all day every day. And yes I have a family, life , a career and other interests. However I still dont get all the scum bs, horrible insults etc towards both sets of fans. I'm all for the banter and cant think of anyone else I love lauding it up too and I think we are much better than you, it must be chilly in our shadow haha. But... whats the point in being rivals if we cant have friendly banter with each other, laud it up when the other wins or is ahead in the league. For the majority of the season this is the only vehicle where this is possible. I couldnt care less when BHA fans give it some on HOL or BBS. When it tips over the edge and the knuckle draggers spout there nonsense then I agree boot them off who ever they support.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here