Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “It was deafening at times”

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Some little Palace fan tweeted yesterday something along the lines of "Have loads of Brighton fans come dressed as blue seats". One of the poorest attempts at trolling I've seen, even for one of them.

Or maybe he really was that stupid, as the tweet was posted about thirty seconds before half time....

Also mocked the atmosphere. In contrast to Selhurst, where the atmosphere is no doubt out of this world currently :lol:

Wasn't it a record attendance for the AMEX yesterday?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I am not saying we arent loud at home and certainly sound a lot better than previous seasons, The last 10 mins their was a real buzz all around the ground.

But is there a little bit of we dont have much nice to say about them, even though they won so we will say their fans are loud. It was same at West Brom, we got little credit for our performance due to west brom being so shit, so we got bigged up for being a noisey crowd. Its happened to teams like Stoke, Palace and Boro in the past.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Well, not according to that other media powerhouse, the Newcastle Chronicle "From the very first minute until the last, the only real sound you could hear with the Amex was that of the travelling Toon Army, who were as vocal, jovial and supportive as ever - packing out an entire end of the ground".

did we give the toon more than 3000 ?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Was it just me or could you hear singing going on in the concourse while Chappers and Co were on the pitch for their MOTD2 round up?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can generate a fair old noise by booing.

Perhaps they should adopt the machine gun instead of the, silent assassins favoured, slit throat gesture.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Was it just me or could you hear singing going on in the concourse while Chappers and Co were on the pitch for their MOTD2 round up?

C'mon, that was obviously all those Geordies still wailing about our'goal' that wasn't a proper goal, and Hemeds brutal assault on Yedlin

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Henry Winter is a good journalist and he's right to mention the atmosphere. I thought the crowd DID make a difference yesterday and judging by the supporters around me the fans are making more of an effort to make clap, cheer and sing.

Paul Merson was taking out of his arse when he predicted the Amex will be a ground the opposition look forward to visiting.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Comments from Sky

Home form key for Hughton

This was Brighton's second consecutive home win after their 3-1 victory over West Brom. The atmosphere was electric at the Amex Stadium and Hughton feels their home form gives them a platform to build on as they battle against relegation.

"Home form will be important, more of our wins will be at home than away from home," he told Sky Sports. "We have to make sure this is a tough place to come, we've been good here the last few seasons. We have to build on a solid platform."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...med-stars?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
e44ea68c992f70ac56602dfb9a3054a9.jpg

Typified nicely by the attached [credit [MENTION=16510]brightonfan[/MENTION]base on Twitter]

Also, and perhaps more relevant to the 'Bell cheeses at work' thread but loving the fact someone in the office directly above the Seagull to the left of the banner felt it necessary to green up their view by having plants on the windowsill. Presumably the pitch isn't green enough...

e44ea68c992f70ac56602dfb9a3054a9.jpg

Typified nicely by the attached [credit [MENTION=16510]brightonfan[/MENTION]base on Twitter]

Also, and perhaps more relevant to the 'Bell cheeses at work' thread but loving the fact someone in the office directly above the Seagull to the left of the banner felt it necessary to green up their view by having plants on the windowsill. Presumably the pitch isn't green enough...

Nice pic of rotr 2nd from the right back row:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here