Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What makes you think we will break away from our normal. It is like buying fresh bread from a supermarket at midday it costs the right price 10 mins before closing you may get the same loaf at 10% of the normal price.

That's probably the worst analogy ever used. Kudos.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
45 pages and we don't even know that he is going yet, brilliant work

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Burke must have a dossier on all players that suit us and must be prepared for whether we're in the Prem or Championship. I'm hoping the club are straight out the blocks this time unlike last season where we didn't know if we were coming of going. We need to be on the ball this time around and rap up business as soon as possible. We must know our targets because if we don't then Burke might as well leave.

Wouldnt the wanted list change if Oscar leaves and eg Alladyce was appointed.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ever thought that things were still being discussed ? Id rather the club wasnt to rush a plan to move forward over the Summer myself.......
But we dont want to hang around for ages wasting planning and recruitment time like last year do we?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Clubs who buy on deadline day will, on average, pay a lot more for a player than the ones buying the same quality but earlier on in the transfer window.

This is true, although, once you sign them you have to pay them. This was a very real consideration in our League One days, I think, and why our business was often done late.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
The only joy at us getting allardyce for me would be singing his name to the Coldplay song Paradise as some West Ham fans do apparently. That joy would last about 30 seconds after which I'd realise that I'd rather be at home with my girlfriend flooding the bathroom that watch the Albion.

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
Why can't we just let the manager take care of transfers what's the saying? Too many cooks spoil the broth?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The fact that Barber wasn't at the club at the time, will not matter one jot to [MENTION=647]Seagull73[/MENTION] He will STILL consider the situation to be of PB's making.

He hates Barber more than [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION] hated Ashley Barnes.

He hates him SO much that the hatred and anger has twisted his mind, much like when Anakin Skywalker turned into Darth Vader.

Foiled. Damn you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am a little perplexed by all of this as it appears that Oscar has offered to resign not actually said he is resigning. To me it is a case of him saying " I failed to get promotion so do you want me to go or are we going to have a budget to enable me to try again next season or would you rather I leave and you bring in a new man".
Are you ok BG? Where's nudge and the wink, the mad speculation and crazy theory?

I so hope you are right.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The fact that Barber wasn't at the club at the time, will not matter one jot to [MENTION=647]Seagull73[/MENTION] He will STILL consider the situation to be of PB's making.

He hates Barber more than [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION] hated Ashley Barnes.

He hates him SO much that the hatred and anger has twisted his mind, much like when Anakin Skywalker turned into Darth Vader.

So [MENTION=647]Seagull73[/MENTION] is Paul Barber's father?

Did I misunderstand?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
So [MENTION=647]Seagull73[/MENTION] is Paul Barber's father?

Did I misunderstand?

:eek: no you see Anakin / Darth Vader and Luke ACTUALLY loved each other, even though they didn't know it till the end.
I couldn't think of any darker sin than being the one responsible for punishing the world with Barber.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I disagree. We need an English manager who will play 4-4-2. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen Pep foaming with rage on the sideline or waving his arms about in fury. So he seems to lack the requisite passion, too. It's a no from me.

We NEED an INGLESH manager with 4-4-2 innit. Why?
Why does he have to be English?
Why 4-4-2? A lot of teams don't bother with it, 4-3-3 can be just as effective. Shall we also hire big lumps in the defence with 2 big lumps up field and lump the ball up to them?

Allardyce, perfect. We'll get him. Tactically, he's about as intelligent as a jellyfish. But at least he's English and plays 4-4-2.

Oh, and I wasn't being serious about Pep Guardiola. Realistically, we should be trying to get Mourinho in.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Anyone know how accurate Ian Abrahams on Talksport is? He's just tweeted...

I suspect a Championship team will very soon announce they have parted company with their manager - more later

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Anyone know how accurate Ian Abrahams on Talksport is? He's just tweeted...

I suspect a Championship team will very soon announce they have parted company with their manager - more later

Moose? Not very. Not exactly going out on a limb there though, is he!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Two rweasons for TB to smile.

1) He talked OG out of resigning. or

2) OG is going to walk away a la Ollie at Palace and recommend a Spanish equivalent of Tony Pulis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here