Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I don't know.

You do seem to have a bit of a problem down there with hearing things. It may be a strange form of tinnitus or just some folk like making things up.

I mean you have one chap on the other thread who posted yesterday that we were singing 'We are racist and we don't care'.

Yet I haven't seen this mentioned by anyone else anywhere. I wonder which tune that went with, and were there any cuckoo noises?

The last part of my sentence was tongue-in-cheek. Nice attempt at deflection though, no one is denying both our clubs have idiots (not that I've seen anyway), lots of people saying (rightly) that your club have a lot of classless-at-best fans who like nothing better than booing a black player all game. I'm hoping your post is an attempt at bringing a bit of humour or levity to the thread, otherwise it's just a bit wanky ('a bit of a problem down there hearing things' indeed, tsk!)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I don't know.

You do seem to have a bit of a problem down there with hearing things. It may be a strange form of tinnitus or just some folk like making things up.

I mean you have one chap on the other thread who posted yesterday that we were singing 'We are racist and we don't care'.

Yet I haven't seen this mentioned by anyone else anywhere. I wonder which tune that went with, and were there any cuckoo noises?

You are so fecking needy mate.
Why don't you feck off now and come back next season.
If we are still in the same league you can try to bring all this up again.
This thread is going nowhere!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Was next to the divide with Burnley fans on Sat.

Things we did hear:
  • Continuous Booing of Bong
  • He's one of our own Jay Rod
  • Homophobic chanting and gestures throughout
  • Town full of racists

Things we didn't hear
  • Monkey noises
  • Town full of P***s ( Burnley fans claiming on there site this was sang by Brighton Fans )

I'm not saying it didn't happen but did not hear any monkey noises.

This from me. I was there and thought the boos came from a large portion of the ground but no monkey noises.
I rang 606 on the way home in response to the Burnley fan who kept repeating the 'not guilty'. It was 'not proven' and the BBC needed to get that over rather than the once they said it.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I don't know.

Perhaps if you spoke properly we might understand you a bit better.

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
At least from the Argus article comments we might be able to put to bed the "Town full of pakis" rumour. It seems a small minority of oyr fans were chanting "Town full of pikeys"! Must be our broad Sussex accents...

el punal

Right, I have now gone through 8 pages of comments for this thread. I was there with all the Albion fans behind the goal, and behind a bloody great pillar, in the David Fishwick stand. When you’re in the away end you tend to only hear your own supporters - general rule of football thumb is that away fans are a lot noisier and more passionate than the home crowd.

Anyway, the main contentious chants/songs/sounds that I could hear were - continuous match long booing of Bong by Burnley fans, you’re a town full of racists and f*** off Burnley by our lot. In between all of that were songs and chants supporting the Albion all match long by us loyal supporters. Yes, the atmosphere was tense and definitely not amicable, but from where I was I couldn’t hear anything that you wouldn’t hear at most away games. I can only assume that the nearer you were to the Burnley fans the more heated it got.

I’ve got to say that after the game the Burnley fans I chatted to were great, very friendly and helpful. I suppose that within any football club you will always have your complete numpties and bell ends trying to stir it up. Could it be that Burnley have a higher percentage of them than the rest of us?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So...who’s this Tony Scholes fella that has wadded in, with typical northern spades a spade crassness?! They can’t help themselves can they! Anyway, the hole is now almost 6ft deep so just remains for the FA investigation to bury them afterwards and job done. :nono:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Hey Jay, you reading this?

You must be so proud of your behaviour throughout this sorry episode. I mean you’ve managed to bring about a police investigation against your former club, you’ve clearly said something very offensive to an opposition player but covered your mouth and then denied it was racist, you’ve gone on social media to claim something which is patently untrue.

Where are you now Jay? Not heard from you recently. Let’s have a tweet about what you think about all this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

You must be so proud of your behaviour throughout this sorry episode. I mean you’ve managed to bring about a police investigation against your former club, you’ve clearly said something very offensive to an opposition player but covered your mouth and then denied it was racist, you’ve gone on social media to claim something which is patently untrue.

Where are you now Jay? Not heard from you recently. Let’s have a tweet about what you think about all this?

He's a silly little man, for sure.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

One day in the near or distant future, this :tosser: will slip up, by allegedly admitting what he said, and some lowlife will record it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This from me. I was there and thought the boos came from a large portion of the ground but no monkey noises.
I rang 606 on the way home in response to the Burnley fan who kept repeating the 'not guilty'. It was 'not proven' and the BBC needed to get that over rather than the once they said it.

This.

Getting the words right is absolutely critical. What pople say affects what people think.

As far as the difference between what people say and what people think is concernd, I refer you to the classic conversation between Roy Keene and a referee:

'Ref, if I said 'you're a ****' would you send me off?'
'Yes I would'

'If I thought you're a **** would you send me off?'
'No, obviously not.'

OK then. I think you're a ****.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Burnley's forum is bad, but Twitter is far worse. I shouldn't have gone looking for comments.

giphy.gif

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At least from the Argus article comments we might be able to put to bed the "Town full of pakis" rumour. It seems a small minority of oyr fans were chanting "Town full of pikeys"! Must be our broad Sussex accents...

Unfortunately pikey is a racist word according to the law.

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015

The irony of all the posts along this line are that Rodriguez was forced into making such comments by Bong first tweeting, in the immediate aftermath of the tribunal, to state his dissapointment in the outcome, reiterate his accusations against Rodriguez and also slyly insinuate that Rodriguez had apologised to him for being racist.

Without that tweet Rodriguez would likely have just maintained a dignified, relative silence on the matter* and let the verdict do the talking.

Also finding the continued insistence around the not proven verdict not meaning he was cleared of the charge. It seems a number of Brighton fans don't understand that in these tribunals there are 2 possible rulings; proven and not proven.

*as he did throughout the investigation, unlike Bong who went on international TV to publically defame Rodriguez as racist whilst simultaneously contradicting his account to the FA in the immediate aftermath of the incident (as highlighted in the FA tribunal's report)...

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
So...who’s this Tony Scholes fella that has wadded in, with typical northern spades a spade crassness?! They can’t help themselves can they! Anyway, the hole is now almost 6ft deep so just remains for the FA investigation to bury them afterwards and job done. :nono:

Tony Scholes is the editor of the main Burnley fans' forum "Up The Clarets"......he was editor of "Clarets Mad" for many years until Januay 2016.

He seems quite a fair and reasonable bloke but is fiercely protective of the club. No criticism of the board of directors is usually tolerated. Offending posts are deleted and perpetrators can receive bans of various lengths (one week, one month, six months, year or indefinite).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here