Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Super Furries at the Dome tonight is £30 quid a go plus 3 quid service charge per ticket plus 4 quid recorded delivery.

If they weren't the best band in the world ever I might be a smite annoyed at the recorded delivery charge in this day and age

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Super Furries at the Dome tonight is £30 quid a go plus 3 quid service charge per ticket plus 4 quid recorded delivery.

If they weren't the best band in the world ever I might be a smite annoyed at the recorded delivery charge in this day and age

Yes, it was annoying. But I agree with your analysis and and cannot wait.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Anyone going to see Primal Scream tomorrow at Dome. Bo Ningen in support.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Saw Bo Ningen earlier in the year. Really liked them and would like to see them again. I think they're supporting the Fall but my Fall going days as behind me now!

They've been one of the best live bands in the UK for years now. I predict they'll blow a lacklustre PS off the stage tomorrow. Outside of the Screamadelica gigs I think PS gigs have been pretty poor for some time now.

They are supporting The Fall in January.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
They've been one of the best live bands in the UK for years now. I predict they'll blow a lacklustre PS off the stage tomorrow. Outside of the Screamadelica gigs I think PS gigs have been pretty poor for some time now.

They are supporting The Fall in January.

I have tickets to see The Fall/Hookworms/Future Of The Left on the Saturday followed by The Fall/Bo Ningen Sunday. Plus some football match against Newcastle. May need a sickie come Monday.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I have tickets to see The Fall/Hookworms/Future Of The Left on the Saturday followed by The Fall/Bo Ningen Sunday. Plus some football match against Newcastle. May need a sickie come Monday.

Ha. I'm going to both as well. Girl Band are playing that London show now as well. It's some line up. I'm under the impression Elena isn't playing with The Fall any more, which if true is a bit of a bummer.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Utterly fantastic SFA gig last night, which was only slightly temptered by my pal fainting about 20 minutes before the end meaning I missed The Man gn't Give a ****. THey really were on top form. These lacklustre crowds can do one though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Ha. I'm going to both as well. Girl Band are playing that London show now as well. It's some line up. I'm under the impression Elena isn't playing with The Fall any more, which if true is a bit of a bummer.

She hasn't played with them for a while now. They are married or were?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have never seen The Fall.

I have no idea how.

Local opportunity 29thJan. Always a bit of a risk seeing them- depends on ME Smiths mood how good or bad they actually are. Have seen a handful of dreadful Fall gigs but mostly just brilliant.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Local opportunity 29thJan. Always a bit of a risk seeing them- depends on ME Smiths mood how good or bad they actually are. Have seen a handful of dreadful Fall gigs but mostly just brilliant.

To be absolutely fair, it's been a long time since I've seen a stinker. Since the core of this line-up has been together (10 years and counting!) They've been pretty reliable.

But I do love The Fall so I'm likely well biased.

Jul 7, 2003
I went to see Status Quo and REO Speedwagon at the Brighton Centre last night. Two old bands who know how to pull together a good gig. Quo coped well with the absence of Rick Parfitt although Francis Rossi is looking really skinny these days. It was also a rare event where I was in the younger half of the audience!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Did you see Brix's band when they played [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] ? It completely passed me by but the line up included Steve and Paul Hanley.

Played a lot of Fall classics - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brix-...ontemporary-arts-london-england-1bf289b4.html

To be honest I have never felt that inclined to see them but set list does look good and female vocals on Fall songs often sound good. They get a fair amount of coverage on this brilliant site http://thefall.org/
And you were right about Bo Ningen supporting Primal Scream, they were on the edge of smashing up the odd instrument by the end of their set which went down well with a pretty large crowd. Highlights of Primal Scream were Swastika Eyes and Loaded. Very loud indeed.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here