Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
When will he get the recognition he deserves.
When he took over we were heading for league 1.
He has built a team that has a togetherness I have never seen before.
I know it's easy to stick together when you are winning games but I think this is different.
To come so close to promotion in 2015/16 was hard for everyone of us.
To come out the following season with the belief that we could still achieve our goals
was a tough ask & one I personally did not believe was possible.
Yes Chris was backed by the board but nobody was expecting top 2 where they.

Total LEGEND

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hughton has got the recognition he deserves. Freedom of the city,long contract and highly respected by Albion fans

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
He deserves recognition alone for his impeccable hairline, he's 58 for christ's sake, it defies science.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
He deserves recognition alone for his impeccable hairline, he's 58 for christ's sake, it defies science.

I've heard so many friends and colleagues refer to him as a "young" manager -- it's fun watching their jaws drop when I point out his actual age :)

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I may be wrong but he seems to get more admiration & respect from other teams than he does from us.
Or is that just the way it is.
He doesn't make a fuss & people don't make a fuss about him.
Maybe that's just the way he likes it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I may be wrong but he seems to get more admiration & respect from other teams than he does from us.
Yes, you're completely wrong. In fact, you probably couldn't be more wrong. I'm not even sure what gave you this rather strange idea anyway.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
When will he get the recognition he deserves.
When he took over we were heading for league 1.
He has built a team that has a togetherness I have never seen before.
I know it's easy to stick together when you are winning games but I think this is different.
To come so close to promotion in 2015/16 was hard for everyone of us.
To come out the following season with the belief that we could still achieve our goals
was a tough ask & one I personally did not believe was possible.
Yes Chris was backed by the board but nobody was expecting top 2 where they.

Total LEGEND

To start with, I thought you had written a poem in his honour.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Chris has got the recognition he deserves and rightly so - I don't really see the need to throw more at him at this moment in time.

The challenge coming up is a very different one for him and Brighton. This is the more difficult one. It's like a ''high jump'' - Last year everyone knew the bar was set at ''Promotion'' by the fans

The reason this one is harder is because we don't really know where the bar is set by the fans because it's unchartered territory for most. I have said before, I am certain relegation won't happen but that may not be the bar for some fans so what I hope for in the coming season is ''realistic expectations'' and there will be by most people I am sure.

The squad come the start of the season will be more than capable of staying up and then its up to Chris to ensure that happens and gradually build and build year by year and enhance the Academy at the same time. That's the '' height of the bar'' for me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chris has got the recognition he deserves and rightly so - I don't really see the need to throw more at him at this moment in time.

The challenge coming up is a very different one for him and Brighton. This is the more difficult one. It's like a ''high jump'' - Last year everyone knew the bar was set at ''Promotion'' by the fans

The reason this one is harder is because we don't really know where the bar is set by the fans because it's unchartered territory for most. I have said before, I am certain relegation won't happen but that may not be the bar for some fans so what I hope for in the coming season is ''realistic expectations'' and there will be by most people I am sure.

The squad come the start of the season will be more than capable of staying up and then its up to Chris to ensure that happens and gradually build and build year by year and enhance the Academy at the same time. That's the '' height of the bar'' for me

For me, the bar is set at survival without boring the pants of us with 0-0 or backs to wall 1-0s. It will be a tough call, especially if we don't make a genuine Premier league striker signing or two.

The ideal for me would be a Bournemouth type season, lots of high scoring games and drama ending with survival. That bar is too high at the moment though and I'm not convinced it is a way CH would even consider playing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The bloke is already a Brighton legend (a much overused term but correct in this case) and is also massively respected by pretty much everyone in football (rival fans, other managers, players, the media) apart from the six fingered brigade in Hicksville.

It's all completely deserved but I'm not sure how much more adulation he needs. Especially as he doesn't seem to like it much.

CH is basically the anti Mourinho, which is just fine by me as they are at the correct clubs for their personalities.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here