Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst band that wew successful?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was there at the time, and I always thought they were the biggest load of overrated hype in existence. Just noisy and unoriginal.

To a large degree you have to accept unoriginal given the need to include a few co-writers of songs as the albums have been reissued, given that they 'reused' a far number of old blues songs. But it does raise the issue of how many truly original bands are there, given that you can usually trace their influences in their songs, and at times the influence becomes plagiarism.(Oasis - Shakermaker)

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The Clash
The Undertones
The Blockheads

None of them fit to lace the Bay City Rollers' platform boots.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we are including solo artists,

Mariah Cary,
Whitney Houston,
Celine Dion,
Leona Lewis,

And all the other wailly women, who seem to think vocal gymnastics are the mark of a good voice.
First post on this entire thread I agree with! However, we are supposed to be talking about groups (which by my definition is groups who play, or purport to play, their own instruments - thus ruling out BGT/Stars in their Eyes type carp like boy bands and girl bands).

How about Bay City Rollers and Musical Yout'? Both utter carp for me.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Tripe yes, but for the height of pretention, I give you " A whiter shade of pale ".

I loved a Whiter Shade of Pale when it came out, but for the music which, as a naïve (young) teenager I didn't realise was Bach.

I remember reading years later about it that somebody read the words and thought they were so wonderful they had to be put to music and released as a single. I, sir, would agree that they are possibly the biggest load of codswallop ever released. Codswallop.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Genesis
Yes
Rush
Deep Purple
Saxon
Asia
The Smurfs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011