Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That was the Granada in Portland Road. Odeon was J Arthur Rank territory and we had the organist. Went once to the Granada but did not like it . The Odeon had weekly episodes of Hopalong Cassidy. Proper cowboys and Indian stufff.

Saturday Morning Pictures at the Astoria

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
That was the Granada in Portland Road. Odeon was J Arthur Rank territory and we had the organist. Went once to the Granada but did not like it . The Odeon had weekly episodes of Hopalong Cassidy. Proper cowboys and Indian stufff.

Where was the Odeon in Hove then?

Not at Hove Station?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The harsh winters of the early 60s.

Football in Easthill park, with 20 a side.

St Nick's black and white striped shirts that were clearly donated by Notts County in the late 1800s. No wonder we lost every game.

Dog shit everywhere. Every day I had dog shit on my shoes.

Dogs everywhere. I was bitten more than 20 times. The *******s.

People picking wild flowers by the roots. Seriously. Blubells and primroses especially.

People going for picnics and leaving all their shit behind. It is annoying when you see it now but in the 60s everyone seemed to do it.

People chucking things out of car windows. Chip wrappers and drink cans. As they drove along. FFS

I'm getting cross now :facepalm::lolol:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It was at Hove Station. Became a bowling alley not sure what is there now. When you watchted the pictures you could here the trains going past.

It's opposite Ralli Hall in Denmark Villas. Did a bit of research and found out the cinema was sold in 1969 - there's a modern office block there with some shops on the ground level including a Tesco Express.

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
You guys had all the fun. I was dragged up in Battersea, throwing stones in the Thames was the highlight of my week. Saturdays and Sundays were spent at Battersea park in the kids zoo or at paddling pool in summer, My father coached a few teams, so football every weekend meant hanging about outside pubs with a bottle of pop and a bag of ready salted crisps for what seemed like hours. The bonus being the bag of chips from the high street on way home, cooked in beef dripping!
Sunday lunch at the Grandparents, completely tasteless cabbage and pops playing his Glen Miller albums all afternoon.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Roof racks on cars.

Petrol stations were somebody came out to fill up the tank.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Being taken to see this as a Sunday 'day out'...

2d4861bde850f63e5c5edcfeb8381b70.jpg

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Being taken to see this as a Sunday 'day out'...

View attachment 86841

I was working in Saudi Arabia at the time and my mother would send out the Argus with match reports in as well as other significant events - this was one of them - used to spend hours reading the Argus - a far cry from today.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Building ramps to ride my Raleigh Burner off.
Collecting conkers.
Going for long walks with our dogs over devils dyke.
Rock cakes
Sun burn, did sun cream exist in the 70s?
Watching "why don't you" which I found odd because if you did what it suggested in the theme tune, you would never seen the programe.
Recording the top 40 count down on to tape, to create what what my daughter refers to a play list, to play on my Walkman.
Tizwaz
The FA cup being massive big deal and Brighton playing in the final.
Space invaders, the game not the snack.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Roof racks on cars.

Petrol stations were somebody came out to fill up the tank.

People moving sofas on roofs of cars. Cars with different coloured wings.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First getting into music and Attrix records, Virgin on Queens Rd and HMV in a corner of Churchill Square when it didn't have a roof.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Getting your laminated Marina Pass to get you through the turnstiles, walking to/from school through the woods without any concerns of being attacked, recording your favourite songs off the Top 40 (play/record not forgetting to fade in and out with the VUs).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's opposite Ralli Hall in Denmark Villas. Did a bit of research and found out the cinema was sold in 1969 - there's a modern office block there with some shops on the ground level including a Tesco Express.

I lived round the corner in the early 60s and went there until it changed into a bowling alley. It's now a Post Office car park and sorting office that sits behind tesco express. We used to nick in there when they were refurbing it. I later migrated to ABC in Portland Road. I bought a couple of dvds of two of the Batman seriels I used to watch - wife thought I was nuts. I remeber there was another seriel involving a spaceman and these weird robots that looked more like washing machines but could never track down what seriel it was.
Went to cubs at Ralli Hall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here