Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce Resigns....

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Most football fans would see Palace a better proposition then Burnley ( not Brighton fans obviously)
According to many on here, Burnley was a tinpot northern shithole when they dared to bid for Stephens last season !
I personally reckon you lot will struggle to finish above all of the tinpot clubs next season, but it's all about of opinions isn't it ?

Jeez, you're being dim.

Considering what DYCHE has going on at Burnley, Palace aren't a significantly better proposition. It's a pretty simple idea to understand.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the barbers today a chap suggested that he resigned at Palace because a big thing about a tax scandal for him is coming soon. We shall just have to wait and see but would explain him putting his villa up for sale and thus reduce his assets. That seems silly if he is wanting more family time etc as he said. I am not saying it is true could just be gossip in the barbers.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
But Dyche hasn't got a hatred of all things Palace.
Maybe he may feel he can't go much further with Burnley ?
I personally don't want Dyche anyway.

I suggest you look at the history of the two clubs .....Burnley & Palace. How far could Dyche go with Palace? Premier League top 4? Champions League?

Tell me please ....when were Palace were last in Europe?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yep, Brighton

9Icb9yf.gif

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I suggest you look at the history of the two clubs .....Burnley & Palace. How far could Dyche go with Palace? Premier League top 4? Champions League?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

They were a few minutes away in last season's cup final until Lingard stepped up. Shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
A booze cruise to Calais?

Intertoto cup and got beat home and away (0-4agg) by that great Turkish side Samsunspor.
They qualified by finishing bottom of the Premier League
Intertoto Cup
"In following years, UEFA made it possible for nations to forfeit Intertoto places. For example, in 1998, Scotland, San Marino and Moldova forfeited their places, and England, Portugal, and Greece forfeited one of their two, Crystal Palace being the sole English entrant despite finishing bottom of the Premier League."

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Intertoto cup and got beat home and away (0-4agg) by that great Turkish side Samsunspor.
Intertoto Cup
"In following years, UEFA made it possible for nations to forfeit Intertoto places. For example, in 1998, Scotland, San Marino and Moldova forfeited their places, and England, Portugal, and Greece forfeited one of their two, Crystal Palace being the sole English entrant despite finishing bottom of the Premier League."

Nice bit of research !
All I said was the Palace managers job would be seen by most as a better proposition then Burnley, nothing more, nothing less.
I know of Burnleys rich history, so that wasn't the issue, the issue was Dyche might fancy a change, with more money at his disposal.
As I said, I hope it doesn't happen.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Nice bit of research !
All I said was the Palace managers job would be seen by most as a better proposition then Burnley, nothing more, nothing less.
I know of Burnleys rich history, so that wasn't the issue, the issue was Dyche might fancy a change, with more money at his disposal.

who do you want nobby? your opinion is important cos of course you're itk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Nice bit of research !

What makes you think he would have more money available at Palace than Burnley, Just because they have not splashed huge sums around so far. Surely that doesn't mean it is not available and the club is trying to get on a firm financial footing first?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What makes you think he would have more money available at Palace than Burnley, Just because they have not splashed huge sums around so far. Surely that doesn't mean it is not available and the club is trying to get on a firm financial footing first?

Remember, historically, our friends up the road have no problem spending other people's money once theirs has run out. That is what he means by 'more money'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In the barbers today a chap suggested that he resigned at Palace because a big thing about a tax scandal for him is coming soon. We shall just have to wait and see but would explain him putting his villa up for sale and thus reduce his assets. That seems silly if he is wanting more family time etc as he said. I am not saying it is true could just be gossip in the barbers.

I may be alone in this, but I imagine [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] to have a Frank Worthington style quiff, straggly mullet style at the back, which he sometimes wears in a ponytail, and a goatee beard.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Intertoto Cup

Fantastic...I like it:) Burnley were last in Europe in 1967, but at least finished 3rd in the top flight the previous season. And have Palace been a European (Champions League) Cup quarter-finalist? Burnley have...1961.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Fantastic...I like it:) Burnley were last in Europe in 1967, but at least finished 3rd in the top flight the previous season. And have Palace been a European (Champions League) Cup quarter-finalist? Burnley have...1961.

It was a knockout tournament then rather than a league.

My best mate at school growing up in the 60s loved Burnley and Andy Lochhead.

theboybilly

It was a knockout tournament then rather than a league.

My best mate at school growing up in the 60s loved Burnley and Andy Lochhead.

Same here, I had a Burnley-supporting mate while at school in SE London. He didn't have any affinity with the town at all. Because of that I've always followed their results. They were a biggish club then as it wasn't that long since their title win. They brought through some good players through their youth system then I recall too

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here