Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SONOS question...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So what did you do [MENTION=14054]MJsGhost[/MENTION]?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've just got a play 5 for the living room. The first Sonos in my house. I am very happy with it, although I have a large music collection, I use Spotify basic a lot on my phone and stream in my car and another few Bluetooth speakers. However you need premium to work with Sonos, so I wondered which other services are truely free? Are they any good? Cheers.

Do you have Amazon Prime? You can add their music service.

To be fair I just paid for Spotify as it meant the missus could find anything without any messing around. Family account split between 3 makes it worth it..

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Do you have Amazon Prime? You can add their music service.

To be fair I just paid for Spotify as it meant the missus could find anything without any messing around. Family account split between 3 makes it worth it..

Suppose it is not bad for £10 a month, but I have been very happy with shuffle mode and the odd 30 second ad every half an hour. I heard pandora was free but I can't find it on the list. Does any free version work with Sonos?

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
So what did you do [MENTION=14054]MJsGhost[/MENTION]?

After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, I have ended up with a bunch of play 1s (a pair in the living room, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the conservatory, 1 in my home office and 1 in the main bedroom). I had foolishly bought a Sonos soundbar without measuring where I wanted it to go and had to send it back because it was too big. I bought a Canton DM55 soundbase to sit under my TV, so haven’t got a fully integrated system (I think there’s a way to link the Canton with the Sonos, but I haven’t yet felt the need. I was going to add a Play 3 in the living room, but haven’t yet and probably won’t – there have only been a couple of times where I would ideally have had a bigger sound & cranked it up, so I don’t really see the point in shelling out.

I’m really happy with the set-up, though must admit that when Sonos released the playbase, I did wish it had been around when I got the Canton. Not because the Canton’s not a great piece of kit (it really is), but it would have been nice & simple to have everything linked up.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Has anyone bought a Sonos speaker in the USA and used it here in the UK? There’s conflicting information about whether you need a completely new power cord or can simply plug the US cord into a UK plug adapter?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Quick question to those in the know...

Would a SONOS play 5 speaker AND a playbar in the same room be overkill, or could I get a decent sound from the playbar and save the £££££ on the play 5?

Many thanks in advance and apologies if I'm asking a very obvious question!
I have 2 5's with a bar... gives best surround setup.... but also can switch to party music mode when required.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here