Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
CAF7F2E8-2C3C-4952-B438-5CD1846D575D.jpeg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I just saw the Chichester MP Gillian Keegan interviewed live on Sky News and basically say the more she actually thinks about May's deal, the more she thinks its actually better than the status quo for the country going forward with a straight face.

Not even half one in the afternoon and she must have been more drunk than I was last night. :rolleyes:

She's spent most of her life in business, she knows that is a lie. Could never go into politics because you have to sprout crap even if you don't believe in it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But I'm tempted to support it being voted down in parliament because that's almost certain to lead to Peoples Vote and staying in.

The sooner we get a People's Vote the better.

Why do remainers keep banging on about a 'People's Vote'. Just who (or what) did they think voted in 2016 - dogs? Cats? Budgerigars? Who knows?

One undeniable fact, however, is that a huge majority of Westminster politicians did not and do not want to leave the EU; they are, in fact, very, very keen to remain. Any second referendum, then, far from being a People's Vote would in fact be a Politicians' Vote, their attempt to find a way to overturn the original vote.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yeah, I don't like it, I'm opposed to it as I want to remain, you're opposed because you want something a lot harder (I presume). So support for the deal is low - but that definitely does NOT mean that we are all on the Moggites side and want a harder exit. A majority of leavers may think it doesn't respect the referendum result, but I doubt that's the case amongst the remainers, and we make up half the population. If you force the 48% to choose a kind of leave, I bet the vast majority of us will choose the softest leave available.

I didn't think for one minute you are all for a no deal brexit or Moggites but the poll did show a majority of remainers didn't think the deal respected the referendum result ... probably because they, (like any reasonable person) would know ending up having a deal with even less control/soverignity was in no way compatible with a campaign based on taking back control. Yes I know many will choose the vassal state option (as defined by remainers and leavers) over no deal (leaving the EU).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
...............it puts an end to free movement for work so only the more radical anti-immigration crowd will dislike that those already here can stay.
Deporting all the foreigners living and working here home was never part of Leave agenda - and you know it, so please don't try inventing something you think enhances your point.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I just saw the Chichester MP Gillian Keegan interviewed live on Sky News and basically say the more she actually thinks about May's deal, the more she thinks its actually better than the status quo for the country going forward with a straight face.

Not even half one in the afternoon and she must have been more drunk than I was last night. :rolleyes:

There are some hideous women in the Tory party right now

Jan 30, 2008
You are spot on, but the people who voted leave do not have any time or stomach for this reality, they or the Brextremists anyway just want to leave regardless of how difficult or indeed impossible their ideals are, sometimes people cannot get all they want so are prepared to compromise, not so these political extremists and their followers, my personal opinion is much like yours and although my preferred option would be to tear this up and remain I am prepared to accept this "deal" although it leaves us weaker in as much we obey rules and regulations of which we would have no say in their formulation, but stability for our immediate future is not too compromised, but then as stated I am a remainer, good luck to anybody trying to convince all the other side of the divide that this is acceptable, many moderates in both camps will, but is this enough to carry the day?
"although it leaves us weaker" , you need to give your head a wobble :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Why do remainers keep banging on about a 'People's Vote'. Just who (or what) did they think voted in 2016 - dogs? Cats? Budgerigars? Who knows?

One undeniable fact, however, is that a huge majority of Westminster politicians did not and do not want to leave the EU; they are, in fact, very, very keen to remain. Any second referendum, then, far from being a People's Vote would in fact be a Politicians' Vote, their attempt to find a way to overturn the original vote.
just so Undemocratic , it's their only life line they cling on to, it wasn't a difficult choice Remain or leave , LEAVE WON THE VOTE SO THEREFORE WE LEAVE not one foot in one foot out :shrug:
regards
DR

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It's not difficult. People are more aware of what the ramifications of leaving are. Poor campaigns on both sides last time.

Perhaps you can explain exactly why Brexiters are so shit scared of another referendum to decide?

Jan 30, 2008
It's not difficult. People are more aware of what the ramifications of leaving are. Poor campaigns on both sides last time.

Perhaps you can explain exactly why Brexiters are so shit scared of another referendum to decide?
why are they shit scared, project fear and media bias toward remain are bound to have an effect over a period of time but that should not deter from a Democratic result which was to LEAVE the EU , what would your views be if you lost again ?
regards
DR

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
why are they shit scared, project fear and media bias toward remain are bound to have an effect over a period of time but that should not deter from a Democratic result which was to LEAVE the EU , what would your views be if you lost again ?
regards
DR

Depends on the wording. Think it should be a two tier vote. First vote on whether we should remain or leave. 2nd question should be if the vote is to leave, should completely walk away or agree proposal on the table. That would give a clear indication of the public choice so would be very difficult to object to the outcome. MPs would also know what their constituents want.

Jan 30, 2008
Depends on the wording. Think it should be a two tier vote. First vote on whether we should remain or leave. 2nd question should be if the vote is to leave, should completely walk away or agree proposal on the table. That would give a clear indication of the public choice so would be very difficult to object to the outcome. MPs would also know what their constituents want.
but they knew what their constituents wanted and haven't acted on their behalf , that's half of the problem , The house of lords is another classic example of ignoring the result
regards
DR

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
not sniping just making a point , why would you want to be in a weaker position and having no say in it :rolleyes:
regards
DR

I DONT.... it's just that I believe that being part of the EU is BETTER then the outright leave option that you hanker after, I respect your opinion even though I disagree with it and of the possible options on the table right here right now, May's deal in my opinion is less damaging to our country then your preferred choice, it may not completely satisfy your wishes just as it does not satisfy mine, but the less damage caused for us now and future generations has to be the option where you believe you have had some of your wishes granted and remainers have some of theirs, maybe then we all can try to heal these rifts that are tearing our country apart, and yes I really feel that this is a way forward to stop this bitter divisional argument.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
This deal answers the #1 reason that most leavers (whatever they say) voted for namely control of the UK border.it also gets our fishing rights back and distances the ECJ as it limits jurisdiction to EU concerns. It also gets us out of the CAP so I say do it.

Then we have 2 years of steady as she goes during which we can explore the opportunities offered by global partnerships.

Whatever we think of TM she’s done an epic job here. History will judge her kindly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here