Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That is too much to the point for many on here

A good player who obviously impressed our recruitment team doesnt become a bad player overnight.

But he could be a player who cut it in the Netherlands, but won’t in the PL.

There are no certainties in buying players from lesser leagues.

The Albion operate in a world of trying to uncover ‘value’, rather than the Leicester, West Ham and Everton approach of paying fortunes in fees and wages to buy ‘certs’. An approach that still churns out expensive flops - Slimani, Benteke, Bolasie, Schneiderlin.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But he could be a player who cut it in the Netherlands, but won’t in the PL.

There are no certainties in buying players from lesser leagues.

The Albion operate in a world of trying to uncover ‘value’, rather than the Leicester, West Ham and Everton approach of paying fortunes in fees and wages to buy ‘certs’. An approach that still churns out expensive flops - Slimani, Benteke, Bolasie, Schneiderlin.

Exactly, we’re really in the market for the gems you have to uncover. We’re going to have to accept some misses for every hit.

1. Locadia was bought in to offer us something different
2. He’s not just been a like for like with Murray, he’s played with him on numerous occasions, as a 2nd striker, in behind, lone striker, either wing, I’m perplexed people believe we’ve not tried him with different tactics.
3. Had he impressed CH may have had an alternative tactical option, but he has to impress for that to happen.
4. Striker is arguably the hardest position to get right, hence why the most expensive. It’s just not worked out as those watching Locadia thought. Back in Jan it probably was a case of not a lot of other options left open either.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly, we’re really in the market for the gems you have to uncover. We’re going to have to accept some misses for every hit.

1. Locadia was bought in to offer us something different
2. He’s not just been a like for like with Murray, he’s played with him on numerous occasions, as a 2nd striker, in behind, lone striker, either wing, I’m perplexed people believe we’ve not tried him with different tactics.
3. Had he impressed CH may have had an alternative tactical option, but he has to impress for that to happen.
4. Striker is arguably the hardest position to get right, hence why the most expensive. It’s just not worked out as those watching Locadia thought. Back in Jan it probably was a case of not a lot of other options left open either.

Locadia and Ulloa seemingly gave a boost to a stretched squad and Murray to up their game. Intentional or not, it worked and we stayed up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is what CH said when we signed him

“We brought him in because we have found it difficult to get goals and we’re not a team who has ability in the central positions to really stretch teams. Glenn and Tomer are classic number nines and what Jurgen will give us is the ability to stretch teams.”

So one almost full game away at City, 7 late sub appearances giving him a total of 209 minutes game time this season (80 mins of which he was on a hiding to nothing) is enough for him to prove he’s got it? In a team that struggle to make chances it is hardly time to prove yourself worthy of a starting place is it? Well clearly it is by the slagging off he has had on this thread.

In those 209 mins he did score one perfectly good goal that was disallowed too.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

“We brought him in because we have found it difficult to get goals and we’re not a team who has ability in the central positions to really stretch teams. Glenn and Tomer are classic number nines and what Jurgen will give us is the ability to stretch teams.”

So one almost full game away at City, 7 late sub appearances giving him a total of 209 minutes game time this season (80 mins of which he was on a hiding to nothing) is enough for him to prove he’s got it? In a team that struggle to make chances it is hardly time to prove yourself worthy of a starting place is it? Well clearly it is by the slagging off he has had on this thread.

It’s not just the match time. He’s had nearly a year to force his way into the first team, and he hasn’t done it. If he was doing a better job than Murray was in training every week, then he would surely play instead? He’s clearly not doing enough.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It’s not just the match time. He’s had nearly a year to force his way into the first team, and he hasn’t done it. If he was doing a better job than Murray was in training every week, then he would surely play instead? He’s clearly not doing enough.

Not suggesting he should play instead of Murray as we play to Murray’s strengths and won’t change the system, that is clear, but maybe he should get to play with him for a game or two?

I live in hope that when Gross and Propper are back CH might take the brakes off our 10 men behind the ball game against lower Premier League teams, at home at least. Locadia might then get a run although maybe Andone is now ahead of him, which would also be just fine by me. Something different is what I would like to see.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
First time I saw a clip of him he was running flat footed, I was out from that point! Some good movement but his composure and shooting looks suspect! I have the feeling I could watch him all day against good opposition and not get a goal, also as has been mentioned he’s a converted winger to a 433 attcker at PSV. Also I suspect he’s getting found out a touch at training, but that’s pure conjecture!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Quite.

However this thread is about him gobbing off, not about him being shit. Unfortunately some people have turned it into a thread about him being shit. My guess is this is all a load of nothing and Locardia will emerge at some point and start earning his corn. I simply can't believe he's less able than Barnes, and I don't believe the club will have broken the 'no dickheads' rule by singing him. He's done a bit of careless emoting that's all. I realise that nobody ever does careless emoting on NSC but apparently in the real world it happens. Fact. Next! :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Be serious man.

The fact that you can make this excellent point, as what I assume is a tongue in the cheek comment, is not that encouraging for the rest of the season, there is no plan B :down:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Chris Hughton and his coaching team have seen him in training for nearly a year.

If he was demonstrating that he could make a decent contribution, Hughton would be playing him more. He'd be playing him with Murray as per his quote, and/or he'd be pulling Murray off on 60 minutes and letting Locadia loose.

He hasn't done that though, has he?

This can only really mean that, in training, Locadia has not shown he can not do the job that Hughton want him to do, or

Hughton is wrong and should be playing him more.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The fact that you can make this excellent point, as what I assume is a tongue in the cheek comment, is not that encouraging for the rest of the season, there is no plan B :down:

I think it’s a case of be careful what you wish for. I’m not particularly enamoured with the football at the moment either, but over the course of the season it will probably keep us up. I’d rather than that be like Fulham or Huddersfield. Once we’ve been here for 4 or 5 seasons with the constant money rolling in, that’s when I think we can really start to grumble if things haven’t changed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The quickest path to redemption in the eyes of NSC would be for the player to come on as a sub v Palace in a couple of weeks and score a late *winner

:goal:

* graphic may not depict actual winner

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The quickest path to redemption in the eyes of NSC would be for the player to come on as a sub v Palace in a couple of weeks and score a late *winner

:goal:

* graphic may not depict actual winner

:lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Chris Hughton and his coaching team have seen him in training for nearly a year.

If he was demonstrating that he could make a decent contribution, Hughton would be playing him more. He'd be playing him with Murray as per his quote, and/or he'd be pulling Murray off on 60 minutes and letting Locadia loose.

He hasn't done that though, has he?

This can only really mean that, in training, Locadia has not shown he can not do the job that Hughton want him to do, or

Hughton is wrong and should be playing him more.

Odd that this non performing player has been on the bench so often and given short cameos at the end of a number of games then. If CH doesn’t rate him as good enough he shouldn’t be sticking him on the bench. We’ll see if having Andone fit will see Locadia dropped completely, in which case your argument will hold water.

Can I suggest that maybe he doesn’t defend as well as CH would like for him to be trusted rather than he isn’t good enough as a forward.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Odd that this non performing player has been on the bench so often and given short cameos at the end of a number of games then. If CH doesn’t rate him as good enough he shouldn’t be sticking him on the bench. We’ll see if having Andone fit will see Locadia dropped completely, in which case your argument will hold water.

Can I suggest that maybe he doesn’t defend as well as CH would like for him to be trusted rather than he isn’t good enough as a forward.

If that’s the case then it’s very simple for Locadia to solve- listen to Hughton and play the way he wants.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You can, but it was also one of my suggestions: Locadia has not shown he can not do the job that Hughton want him to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here