Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How proud are you seeing Lewis out there?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very proud. I shouted at the tv when that Yankee player elbowed him. He had a good solid game, and didn't look out of place.
He's one of our own...

There were two players in the England team tonight with Brighton connections, as Lingard came to us for a season long loan.

Isn't Paul Nevin our coach, also with the England squad

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Assured performance. Didn't look out of his depth at all. In fact he was my man of the match!!! That may be due to the fact l was only watching him and not really interested when anyone else had the ball!

Yoda

English & European
Errrr apart from the lunge tackle he missed ust inside our half which lead to them having a half decent chance in the first half, a better team would have punished us, even Neville mentioned it and said he was jogging back to his position after the error....

And yet who was back there to throw himself in front of the follow up?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
And yet who was back there to throw himself in front of the follow up?

Yes, unfortunately this is one of the reasons he got picked in the first place. He and Duffy are excellent at this particular skill, and is fundamental to CH’s defensive style.
I thought his possession and distribution were good tonight and I hope it was good enough for him to remain in the squad going forward. Yes, I am proud of any of our players who represent their country, particularly one who has come through our ranks.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Proud? No, not at all - why should I be? I played no part in getting Dunk his England call up. None of his achievement can be credited to me.

I'm bloody pleased for the lad, though.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So hands up all those that saw his debut in the 0-0 stalemate in the sunshine at MK Dons at the end of 2009/10 that thought they were watching a future England international.

A proud moment for everyone who supports the Albion, and let's hope that he goes on to play a lot more games for England

[emoji870]

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So hands up all those that saw his debut in the 0-0 stalemate in the sunshine at MK Dons at the end of 2009/10 that thought they were watching a future England international.

A proud moment for everyone who supports the Albion, and let's hope that he goes on to play a lot more games for England
Oh yes. Remember the 'slam dunk the funk, word up I really get that feeling' chant someone tried very hard to get going- wonder why it never caught on?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Proud? No, not at all - why should I be? I played no part in getting Dunk his England call up. None of his achievement can be credited to me.

You're proud to be British although you had no part or choice in that either.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I said to my football hating wife before the game - 'I know you're not interested, but a Brighton player is starting for England tonight. Been with us since he was in the youth team, and now he's playing for England. Proud moment for the club'.

'You're right, I'm not interested'......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thinking about this a bit more....I sort of know what you mean. Back in the early 80s, I found all that NF nonsense about being 'proud to be English' a bit weird. I genuinely didn't understand what they meant. Delighted and in some respects relieved, but proud? I understand pride in one's own achievement, but being proud of someone else's achievement, or even their existence, is a bit weird. In this case, (Dunk), if their is pride it is because I feel like the club is part of me, and the home grown players especially so; I may be fanciful but it seems like it is a part of me that was on the pitch last night.

This perhaps shows how deluded we can be, and how strange the 'pride' thing is. 'Proud to be gay'. That's another strange one. I'm proud to be a university lecturer. No.....not really. Pride before a fall, also, was something I heard a lot as a kid, as if pride is a bit vulgar. Oh well.

Boy am I happy, today though. Seagulls!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thinking about this a bit more....I sort of know what you mean. Back in the early 80s, I found all that NF nonsense about being 'proud to be English' a bit weird. I genuinely didn't understand what they meant. Delighted and in some respects relieved, but proud? I understand pride in one's own achievement, but being proud of someone else's achievement, or even their existence, is a bit weird. In this case, (Dunk), if their is pride it is because I feel like the club is part of me, and the home grown players especially so; I may be fanciful but it seems like it is a part of me that was on the pitch last night.

This perhaps shows how deluded we can be, and how strange the 'pride' thing is. 'Proud to be gay'. That's another strange one. I'm proud to be a university lecturer. No.....not really. Pride before a fall, also, was something I heard a lot as a kid, as if pride is a bit vulgar. Oh well.

People who have children are proud of them when they achieve something, even if it is running in the egg and spoon race.

To us older ones who've seen Dunk rise through the youth, make mistakes but improve as he grew and matured, and so it feels like a son who has achieved this.
I loved reading his old team mates comments on Twitter last night but this one stood out.

[tweet]1063146591597613056[/tweet]

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

I understand what you are saying , Harry, but it doesn't do to overfink fings on a Friday!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I said to my football hating wife before the game - 'I know you're not interested, but a Brighton player is starting for England tonight. Been with us since he was in the youth team, and now he's playing for England. Proud moment for the club'.

'You're right, I'm not interested'......
Divorce her. At least she could show an interest FFS. My Man Utd supporting wife at least feigned interest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I often struggle with the use of the word "proud" too, and I'm not sure I'd use it here.

However, almost everyone here "played a part in getting Dunk his England call up". If, as a collective group, Albion fans hadn't campaigned tirelessly to get the club back to Brighton, and then secure planning permission for the Amex, then there very possibly wouldn't have been a Brighton & Hove Albion to allow Lewis Dunk to develop in the way he has, all the way to this tremendous pinnacle.

You played a part alright.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Divorce her. At least she could show an interest FFS. My Man Utd supporting wife at least feigned interest.

As a condition to her Xmas gift last year (Iron Maiden tickets), she had to go to the Bournemouth game on NY Day, which she duly did, despite saying she didn't enjoy it, never again etc (she was thrown in at the deep end in the North). Despite her protestations, I did spot her mildly clapping along to GOSBTS, so there was a light pulse, maybe I can save her!

kjgood

My wife who doesnt give a jot about football but allows me to get away with my Brighton madness, had the TV on the right side especially for me (Instead of a soap or crime programme) as I ran in the door just as the game started. Told me confidently as if i wouldnt regonise him what number Lewis had on his back and sat and sort of watched the whole game through.

Miracles do happen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here