Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On a side note a certain Elvis Manu was quality against Seville the other week. Is CH to scared to change what he’s got used to?

I don't know that scared is the right word, just that he believes in the tried and tested. Tactics that have served him well in the past.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't know that scared is the right word, just that he believes in the tried and tested. Tactics that have served him well in the past.

I think he just believes in playing his best players on form and confidence. Doesn't matter if they're tried or tested or new to the league, play your best team.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think this one can go down as a dud signed by the recruitment team.

Most people knew when we were linked with him that he wouldn't fit in here. He scored goals on the left of a 3, he wasn't used as a target man by his previous Clubs, he wasn't used as a winger as his previous Clubs and he wasn't used as a no 10 by his previous Clubs.

Yet we brought him as competition for Murray?? Didn't make sense then or now.

So I feel sorry for Locadia, he's never been played in a system which suits his style so questions should be asked of Paul W and CH as to why we went for him in the first place. Was it because we missed out on Andone so was a bit of a panic buy?

Now that we've got Andone (and actually does look like genuine competition for Murray) hopefully we'll put this sorry episode behind us.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Fair enough, but he did get chances, and he really didn't show much. That moment he tripped over the ball, he was just outside the box, no real pressure around him. It was meat and drink for even a bang average striker to do something meaningful. I felt bad for him, but it wasn't his only opportunity to show something either. He obviously never showed enough in training to seriously challenge GM too.

He might be a decent player, but he never seemed PL quality to me, always looked out of his depth. Good luck to him, I can understand him wanting football, but this one didn't work out I think it's fair to say.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
He was getting called up into the Dutch squad before he joined us he's, 25 years old, I'm assuming he isn't a lifelong Albion supporter. He says he wants to be playing regular first team football.

Anyway, what's this got to do with Dunk gettng an England cap?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think this one can go down as a dud signed by the recruitment team.

Most people knew when we were linked with him that he wouldn't fit in here. He scored goals on the left of a 3, he wasn't used as a target man by his previous Clubs, he wasn't used as a winger as his previous Clubs and he wasn't used as a no 10 by his previous Clubs.

Yet we brought him as competition for Murray?? Didn't make sense then or now.

So I feel sorry for Locadia, he's never been played in a system which suits his style so questions should be asked of Paul W and CH as to why we went for him in the first place. Was it because we missed out on Andone so was a bit of a panic buy?

Now that we've got Andone (and actually does look like genuine competition for Murray) hopefully we'll put this sorry episode behind us.

For goodness sake give the man a chance before you right him off! No one can tell what he is, or in't capable of, from the odd cameo appearance off the bench. The guy needs a run of starts before we can tell his true worth. Besides, the club must have been confident that he could do the job before they splashed out a record transfer fee for him.

As for Florin Andone, to my mind he is no more of a like for a like replacement for Murray than you think Locadia is.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fair enough, but he did get chances, and he really didn't show much. That moment he tripped over the ball, he was just outside the box, no real pressure around him. It was meat and drink for even a bang average striker to do something meaningful. I felt bad for him, but it wasn't his only opportunity to show something either. He obviously never showed enough in training to seriously challenge GM too.

He might be a decent player, but he never seemed PL quality to me, always looked out of his depth. Good luck to him, I can understand him wanting football, but this one didn't work out I think it's fair to say.

So you can tell that he isn't Premier League quality from just eleven appearances can you? with the vast majority of those just being a few minutes at a time when coming off the bench?

If Chris Hughton thinks the same, then maybe the poor lad really should go home.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So you can tell that he isn't Premier League quality from just eleven appearances can you? with the vast majority of those just being a few minutes at a time when coming off the bench?

If Chris Hughton thinks the same, then maybe the poor lad really should go home.

As I've already posted, all evidence suggests that Chris Hughton does think that.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Here lies the problem 12 months on and nobody knows , apart from maybe the manager and seeing as he dont play him then you have to believe that maybe he’s not good enough . But he’s done this with nearly all the new signings again frustrating for all including supporters , even more so when March plays instead of him if it’s his natural position or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As I've already posted, all evidence suggests that Chris Hughton does think that.

This is clearly the case, otherwise a 35 year old would not be preferred to an angry 25 year old with a point to prove.....

Which is why he should have taken his chances rather than snatch at them and fall over.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is clearly the case, otherwise a 35 year old would not be preferred to an angry 25 year old with a point to prove.....

Which is why he should have taken his chances rather than snatch at them and fall over.

I know you need to make the most of your chances whenever they occur, but really, in his first few appearances, in a new country, in a new league, what did you expect? a hat trick?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think it's simply that he's not good enough.

Well that's just my point. Maybe you are right, but unless a player plays games how will we ever know whether he can hack it or not? What he is capable of in training is neither here nor there, the only way you can really tell is in pressurised game situations.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There was a thread bounced on here the other week about the Amex-era strikers and it looks like JL is going to be added to a long(ish) list of forgotten men. Bad recruitment over the years, or a sign it is so difficult to find strikers that fit in the mould? I feel sorry for him and I must admit that I DID think he was going to come good, but all the evidence (of him not playing) suggests that CH doesn't fancy him to step up. Shame.

On another note, it raises the question of if 25 is too many for a PL squad. This thread has identified at least four new players to the club who haven't had much game time and might not do so in the months ahead. I know PL income is massive, etc, but can the outlay on these peripheral players really be justified?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well if that's true it's a shame, the boy deserved a chance. That's a lot of money to waste. Unless the problem isn't merely football related of course.

He got his chance when we signed him.

Like all other players in the squad, it was then up to him to show to Hughton that he couldn't be ignored, and merited a chance. There is no indication at all he has done that, as Hughton seems to have only used him when he has had no other choice available to him.

As I said before, for me the most obvious indication of what Hughton thinks of Locadia is his general reluctance to put him on in latter stages of games when Murray is out on his feet and all logic suggests fresh legs would be a help.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I know you need to make the most of your chances whenever they occur, but really, in his first few appearances, in a new country, in a new league, what did you expect? a hat trick?

No

just a shot on target, or a glimpse of talent, you know, a mazzy dribble, drop of the shoulder and an intelligent run....

You know something to look forward to.....

Does not have to happen right now, we get it some player take time to bed in, he clearly has not.

End of, no big deal, it's not the end of the world.

Angry though, come on he needs to look at himself as well as others.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Here lies the problem 12 months on and nobody knows , apart from maybe the manager and seeing as he dont play him then you have to believe that maybe he’s not good enough . But he’s done this with nearly all the new signings again frustrating for all including supporters , even more so when March plays instead of him if it’s his natural position or not.

Last season, Ryan, Propper and Gross in from the first game and ever present when fit. Izquierdo eased in but first choice thereafter.

Jahanbakhsh is now playing regularly, Montoya has done until losing his place in the last few games, Balogun came in when needed, Andone is now getting a look in after his summer injury, Bissouma continues to get game time.

What you've said is simply not true.

The frustration is always that not all signings work. You cannot have a 100% hit rate bringing players in. Since CH took over, I'd say our actual success rate with signings has gone to success levels we've probably not experienced before. And then we get statements like this. :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here