Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I agree. It is more likely it is a wanky agent, than the player himself, who is playing shit games. He may well fit our “leave your egos at the door” philosophy, but if his agent is a bent tw4t there is little we can do.

I honestly cannot make sense of this one, and I doubt you can either, I am just honestly sharing what I know to be good hard information.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why do people get so quick to criticise others on here for sharing information? I remember when seagullwedgee was one of the very few on here that called stuff before it was known, yet is criticised for one thing that was wrong?

Because he’s been wrong plenty of times too?
Remember the shit I got for posting that Dunk was refusing to play. And that was correct! So there’s hell to pay for getting it wrong.

Side note: this is a transfer I didn’t care much about. He looks good on paper. Good stats. We’ve chased him for years. All good. But meh: we already have three decent wingers and signings from the Eredivisie often flop.
But if he sings then i’ll be on his side.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Because he’s been wrong plenty of times too?
Remember the shit I got for posting that Dunk was refusing to play. And that was correct! So there’s hell to pay for getting it wrong.

Side note: this is a transfer I didn’t care much about. He looks good on paper. Good stats. We’ve chased him for years. All good. But meh: we already have three decent wingers and signings from the Eredivisie often flop.
But if he sings then i’ll be on his side.

Given that he’s been wrong ‘plenty’ of times, can you give a couple of examples? The point you’ve made about posting the Dunk thing is a prime example of what I’m saying. People love to shout people down because they don’t want to believe what is being said.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was surprised we actually gave Jahanbakhsh another chance after the merry old dance he lead us 3 years ago.

He hasn't changed. Let's hope the alternative target is decent.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Whether it is nonsense or not, it must be said that what Wedgee is saying fits the facts as we know them and explains a lot of the rumours. So I'm with him on this one.

Or it's just taking longer than expected.
I think we're getting in a tizz because we want the news NOW and there has been so much rumour. If it was any other transfer a day 'delay' wouldn't even be noticed.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Or it's just taking longer than expected.
I think we're getting in a tizz because we want the news NOW and there has been so much rumour. If it was any other transfer a day 'delay' wouldn't even be noticed.

I think that people are forgetting that the rumours at the weekend said "to be announced Monday or Tuesday."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have two very privileged, but completely unrelated sources. Only if I ever hear from these two unrelated privileged sources to hear the same thing, within 48 hours of each other, do I ever conclude that it must be solid enough to stand up to any scrutiny. I honestly have no problem if you think it’s bluster. I just happen to be fortunate enough to have two very very reliable routes.

If you’ve ever read in depth about the world of football deals, it is beyond murky, this crazy shit really does happen, daily.

So both these sources have said the same thing about this transfer today or within 48 hours of each other? Are you saying they’ve both said he’s not signing and he’s going to Leicester? Surely there was some more info? I’m literally just asking for more info, not criticising etc...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was surprised we actually gave Jahanbakhsh another chance after the merry old dance he lead us 3 years ago.

He hasn't changed. Let's hope the alternative target is decent.

Obviously his agent is a bit of a ‘player’ (in the ‘using’ sense) but If he hasn’t changed, he’ll pick the club that offers AJ the greatest chance of development. Leicester must have a lot more cash to throw at him but filling the shoes of Mahrez in front of an expectant crowd brings it’s own problems and pressure.

He has been here twice, he obviously likes the club and city. Let’s just wait.

I think he’s going to sleep on this one and that we’ll know in the next few days.

🤞

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Whilst Mrs Fats was pregnant with one of our many children, she was on a 'Due in June' Facebook group, and on that group there was a woman who was apparently psychic; she could guess your baby's gender with unnerving accuracy. It was a woman-only group, so I asked to be kept up to date on how many she was getting right. I shit you not, she ended only just shy of 50% correct. The women on the group were in awe. Genuinely they seemed to think a 50% hit rate on a 50/50 choice was impressive.

I'm not casting aspersions here, but it seems to me that any old cad can whip out a line about hearing this or that, and given that in this case it's looking 50/50, the odds aren't bad. Plus, if it goes against then you can just make up some other reason to fit the facts after the event. Right out of the old 'deceit, flim-flam and chicanery' guidebook.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why do people get so quick to criticise others on here for sharing information? I remember when seagullwedgee was one of the very few on here that called stuff before it was known, yet is criticised for one thing that was wrong?

Not even wrong, either. Who is to say what the truth behind any of the stories are? Would it have been wrong to state the Pritchard deal was effectively done, when the whole club thought it was?! Until they're holding the shirt, nothing is final but there can be all the reasons to think it will get that far. Getting a new record signing over the line at this level isn't straight forward.

#TeamWedgee

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
AJ was in Lancing at 9.45am on Monday morning. A counter bid has caused the balls up. He should have been holding up the shirt at 1pm today. He got further than Pritchard, but not far enough.

dwayne;853351 0 said:
Mate . You're the guy who said dunk was 100% gone. Come on now !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And told us that Calleri had definitely signed.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He hasn't been wrong on just one thing. I've already named another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here