Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomori is outstanding

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Brought, from bring. And bought from buy. But is it threw or thrown?!

Depends on context; he threw the ball or the ball was thrown.

Back on topic though and Tomori has impressed me given his age. Still got more development to come.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I would say closer to about £6m but at 19 years old that leaves room for growth and to increase value and with TV exposure I think his value would rise quickly

I'd say that was reasonably accurate, but I think if Chelsea were willing to let him go permantley there would be a hefty sell on clause attached. But I think they will more than likely loan him out to us for a season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was bought on against Newcastle at the Amex due to an injury. Raffa instantly threw everything at him, PL attackers against a kid, but NOTHING got through.

PS is it bought or brought? or thrown?
If you're going to say "Raffa instantly thrown everything at him" you might as well go all out at say "froan".

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm a massive fan of his. So impressed with him through-out his spell here in all positions across the back four. As mentioned above he also seemed to have an outstanding attitude and gelled with the squad superbly.

I don't particularly like talking transfer values as it's Monopoly money but if we could secure him and had to pay approx £10m - £15m as quoted above I'd be quite happy with that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'd say that was reasonably accurate, but I think if Chelsea were willing to let him go permantley there would be a hefty sell on clause attached. But I think they will more than likely loan him out to us for a season.

Oh there would definitely be a ''sell on clause'' I agree but I think the player himself may want to progress quicker so might prefer a permanent move. He would know that getting opportunities to play would open up more opportunities a year or two down the line at not only the buying club but bigger clubs everywhere if he did well. Going on loan he would need to wait for opportunities at Chelsea.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Would cost 12-15m I reckon. Big gamble.

Yes, a gamble, but I see many good points (loan or buy)
He is good, probably good enough.
He can adapt to different positions.
If not a starter he is perfect for competition for places and cover for injuries and suspensions.
He knows the club and players and our training techniques so no settling in, which for some can take ages.
And most importantly......
We can rest other defenders and play him in the easier games:lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If not a starter he is perfect for competition for places and cover for injuries and suspensions.
He knows the club and players and our training techniques so no settling in, which for some can take ages.

And don't forget the cover for all Dunky's yellow cards

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Just as important as the ability, is what they are like as MEN.

The way Tomori bounced back after Lincoln speaks volumes.

He is quality.

That's what particularly impressed me. Not sure how true it is, but you hear a lot about the 'elite' academies producing a load of talented but cosseted individuals who have no real idea of how to cope with adversity. For him to bounce back from the start he had bodes very well, I would have thought. Hope we sign him.

larus

Brought a smile to my face :thumbsup:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
There must be some mistake, I'm sure the NSC pundits said we shouldn't have brought him in as we already had Hunt.

At the time, Tomori hadn't played league football of any kind. At the time, it was a fair complaint that a homegrown player was being moved out to make room for one of the many Chelsea youngsters. It's easy to say now that the move worked out extremely well for us, and the player but to criticise people who voiced their opposition to the signing at the time, with the benefit of hindsight, is childish.

Tomori is a quality player, and a must sign. If we have to take him on loan, then so be it. But he's a £10million defender with unquestionable re-sale value, there isn't a downside to buying him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here