Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump interview with Piers Morgan

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Clinton will be the next president. Can't see Sanders overhauling her lead and as said above Trump is far too devisive. He has a lot of support but the majority of Americans will baulk at the idea of him leading the country. If he does win, then God help us - Armageddon here we come!

I'd rather have Trump than Cruz any day.

If Trump gets into power he will conveniently forget all his campaign promises and adopt a pro big business strategy. He might throw a few crumbs to the bible bashers.

Trump doesn't believe any of the crap he comes out with, he's just like Jeremy Clarkson, he knows what sells in the market he's targeting.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
He loses both theoretical match-ups against the Democratic candidates so I don't think he has too much chance in the general. Even for America, they're not THAT crazy to elect Trump.

Thought that about Ronald Reagan. George Bush and gun control laws too but what do I know.........?!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What actually is wrong with Trumps policies?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The fact that every side believes that the BBC is biased against them is evidence that they actually do their job properly.

Every side Doesnt though., ie the liberal left. Even if they did thats no argument as they could just be wrong.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'd rather have Trump than Cruz any day.

If Trump gets into power he will conveniently forget all his campaign promises and adopt a pro big business strategy. He might throw a few crumbs to the bible bashers.

Trump doesn't believe any of the crap he comes out with, he's just like Jeremy Clarkson, he knows what sells in the market he's targeting.

True to a point but there are some easy wins for him and some obvious non issues. If he decides to take on Political Correctness the rules are already in place in the USA and UK (Universities) for universities so its just a question of facing down the noisy rabble.

Unlike the Miners strike were people had sympathy for the miners regardless of position nobodies going to weep over a load of spoilt immature and intolerant students being sent down, In fact enough people have been preached to by the hard left on campu over the years it could be a vote winner for a second term.

He obviously isn't going to make Mexico pay for a wall, but may make repatriations cost effective through deductions from foreign aid. He does remind of thatcher in that he knows who his enemies are and doesn't even give them the curtsey he would someone who is neutral and just sidelines them.Like Thatch did to the GLC trump did for the foxnews reporter..

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would love to speak to a Trump supporter but they're incredibly hard to find online. His policies are sound bites and have no real substance. When you ask questions it becomes clear he nor his supporters have any idea what they're talking about.

Like most supporters of that kind of politics most of them are probably still running around with their mums bed sheets over them with holes cut out for their eyes. Americans always have been brought up on a culture of, if you want to get to greener pastures on the other side of the stream then its OK to step on others and push their heads under water.

When Obama tried to push his health care bill through it was resisted by so many not just in politics by ordinary Americans. What's not to want about a health care system for all. We have had it for 60 years or more and most other European countries have followed suit because it is the right thing to do. The Americans love having more, and bigger and better than their neighbours. They are a decadent nation who are told that it is OK to be greedy at the expense of others.

I wish I was confident that Trump wouldn't get elected President but I am not and if they do elect him they should hold their heads in shame. The people who vote for Trump are people who never leave their own tiny enclave of America. His wealth has bought him the best campaign money can buy and his business connections fear not backing him.

The people I fear for are the Americans around the world who are at present held hostage by fanatics on the other side such as ISIS. I guarantee we will be seeing an escalation of executions of Americans on our news programmes if Trump is elected. What must the parent of these people be thinking, every time Trump gets up and spouts his draconian beliefs on stage ?

So YES Hilary Clinton would not be my first choice to be leading the US but the thought of Trump being in control is unbearable.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This may say something about the world in which we live - there must be thousands of supporters but few dare voice their agreement, for fear of the storm that envelops them, as the holier-than -thou luvvies all descend with their accusations of wacism etc etc. Yes, he is divisive, crude and all the other things you can think of, but one must also ask oneself why he appeals to so many. It is not enough to simply describe his supporters as thick and gullible. At the time of the election of Corbyn, and the pre-election surge of UKIP, (as well as before then)there were many posts talking of being fed up with self-serving politicians, that Cameron was just another Blair, and that the electorate was looking for something different. Might this just be the same in the USA?

You're right. They want something different and he's giving it to them in classic demagogue style.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What actually is wrong with Trumps policies?

There are a couple of issues with the 'build a wall and make Mexico pay for it' plan, don't you think? His support for torture is also a little controversial.

Other than that he's quite light on detail. On more than one occasion he's stated that we'll find out his position on certain issues once he's elected.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You're right. They want something different and he's giving it to them in classic demagogue style.

The Sage of Baltimore, H.L. Mencken, said it years ago: "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it -- good and hard."

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Every side Doesnt though., ie the liberal left. Even if they did thats no argument as they could just be wrong.

Every side does:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/17/bbc-leftwing-bias-non-existent-myth.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...f-tories-and-then-theyre-caught-10137059.html

The right wing just has more newspapers to support their claims of bias. Broadcast news actually tends to follow the agenda set by the right wing press: http://www.theguardian.com/media/20...fight-the-election-coalition-economy-taxation

In reality the left have far more evidence to suggest a potential for bias.

Like the list of BBC Chairs of Governors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_of_Governors_of_the_BBC#Chairmen_of_the_Board_of_Governors

The current incumbent is Tory Lord Michael Grade. He succeeded Tory Lord Baron Richard Ryder. Before him Gavyn Davies felt it necessary to leave the Labour party to take up the job. He resigned from the post after an argument with the Labour Government, who thought he was biased against them. He was preceded by a five decade unbroken list of tory lords, more barons and right wing political advisors stretching back to 1947, none of whom saw fit to leave the Conservative Party to suggest balance.

The BBC Trust is currently chaired by Rona Fairhead, who has a solid city background and was recommended for the job by Tory minister Sajid Javid. She succeeded Chris Patten the former chair of the Conservative Party. Take a guess how many former chairs of the Labour Party have held this role? That's right, none. Could you imagine the outcry from the right wing press had any Labour government made such an appointment?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
One set of state by state polls I saw had, for a Trump-Clinton general, him winning two states and Hilary getting the other 48+DC. Bring a third party shadow-Republican in to the race and it could seriously shake it either way - either split the remaining Republican vote or stop some voting for Hilary and get the potential stay at homes back out.

I don't see any scenario letting Trump win, though.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Every side does:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/17/bbc-leftwing-bias-non-existent-myth.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...f-tories-and-then-theyre-caught-10137059.html

The right wing just has more newspapers to support their claims of bias. Broadcast news actually tends to follow the agenda set by the right wing press: http://www.theguardian.com/media/20...fight-the-election-coalition-economy-taxation

In reality the left have far more evidence to suggest a potential for bias.

Like the list of BBC Chairs of Governors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_of_Governors_of_the_BBC#Chairmen_of_the_Board_of_Governors

The current incumbent is Tory Lord Michael Grade. He succeeded Tory Lord Baron Richard Ryder. Before him Gavyn Davies felt it necessary to leave the Labour party to take up the job. He resigned from the post after an argument with the Labour Government, who thought he was biased against them. He was preceded by a five decade unbroken list of tory lords, more barons and right wing political advisors stretching back to 1947, none of whom saw fit to leave the Conservative Party to suggest balance.

The BBC Trust is currently chaired by Rona Fairhead, who has a solid city background and was recommended for the job by Tory minister Sajid Javid. She succeeded Chris Patten the former chair of the Conservative Party. Take a guess how many former chairs of the Labour Party have held this role? That's right, none. Could you imagine the outcry from the right wing press had any Labour government made such an appointment?

I have never read so much Claptrap in all my life.

You use 2 leftwing articles to claim the BBC is rightwing? Ive read the first article in the Guardian and what it boils down to is the Board of governors is stuffed with Tory toffs there for it must be rightwing?

This is laughable. This is why you get organisations like migrantwatch using Government figures to challenge the bland selective soft left reporting on this issue and why you dont have a similar organisation called "Climate watch" to challenge denier bias. I could go on and on and on with examples.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would love to speak to a Trump supporter but they're incredibly hard to find online.

So were "NO" voters in the Scottish Independence vote and Tory voters in our last general election, and look what happened in both of those.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I would love to speak to a Trump supporter but they're incredibly hard to find online. His policies are sound bites and have no real substance. When you ask questions it becomes clear he nor his supporters have any idea what they're talking about.

Go to one of the myriad of churches in the mid-west. We probably would not wish to talk to them for too long.

Dec 29, 2011
So were "NO" voters in the Scottish Independence vote and Tory voters in our last general election, and look what happened in both of those.

I'm not saying they're rare. I have since found an online forum where I can debate with Trump supporters on the policies, however I spend many minutes write long and detailed posts questioning Trumps policies and/or saying why they won't work and then I get not a single reply. I'm fairly sure I could debate the man himself and come out on top, his policies really are thin when you scrape away the top layer and apply real world economics or logic to them.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I have never read so much Claptrap in all my life.

You use 2 leftwing articles to claim the BBC is rightwing? Ive read the first article in the Guardian and what it boils down to is the Board of governors is stuffed with Tory toffs there for it must be rightwing?

This is laughable. This is why you get organisations like migrantwatch using Government figures to challenge the bland selective soft left reporting on this issue and why you dont have a similar organisation called "Climate watch" to challenge denier bias. I could go on and on and on with examples.

You do go on and on.

I can accept that you might not read what I have written before arguing, but I would hope that you would at least read what you have written.

The first two links were obviously not provided to support an argument that there is a left wing bias, they were provided to counter your suggestion that I quoted that the liberal left do not argue that the BBC is biased against them. They do. There it is in writing from, as you say yourself, 'leftwing' (sic) sources.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here