Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you have any interest in football outside of The Albion?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
In olden days, the only football exposure you got was your team playing on Saturday or Tuesday and Match of the Day/The Big Match. Plus the occasional European game if an English team were playing and obviously the European Championship/World Cup. That was it. I used to watch just about everything that was on TV in those days as it was a bit of a novelty.

Nowadays, I hardly ever watch any other than Albion games and the odd England game. I have absolutely no idea how anyone finds the time to watch as much as they claim to do. I watched the second half of Leicester v Newcastle the other night as I couldn't sleep, but I can honestly say that this is the only PL football I have watched this season. I have not watched any CL/EL games or parts thereof.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Can't stand any other sport. As for football no great love beyond the Albion. I watch The Os for nothing a couple of times a season and it's always abysmal, Clapton for lefty fun and watch out for Goztepe results. For the 1st time in decades I've watched MOtD because my brother in law is a Leicester fan and it is great to see them humble that shower of premiership prima donnas.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Have a Club Wembley season ticket though giving it up after next season. I like following England, saw a couple of World Cup matches in 2010, plan to go to post group games in June and hope to buy tout tickets. I would certainly go for Albion promo over England winning Euros but there is less in it for me than for most NSCers, I guess.

Also watch the occasional Bristol Rovers game. Real chance of a double promo, and what about a treble of England winning Euros, now that would be heaven.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Just the Albion with whom I have a very long love affair. I like watching Barcelona for the artistry but don't go out of my way to find them on tv. Loathe internationals and especially England (perhaps because of all the media hype). Much prefer to watch and follow Aussie Rules than non-Albion football.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just the Albion with whom I have a very long love affair. I like watching Barcelona for the artistry but don't go out of my way to find them on tv. Loathe internationals and especially England (perhaps because of all the media hype). Much prefer to watch and follow Aussie Rules than non-Albion football.

I love Aussie rules too. Do you follow a team?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Keep an eye on all the football going on and try and keep track of Albion players loaned out and ex Albion players teams.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I might as well add, if the England team were any good, I'm sure I'd be all over football again.

The Summer of 1990 seems like it was yesterday not over 25 years ago.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I love Aussie rules too. Do you follow a team?

Saw Hawthorn v Geelong at the MCG at the end of the 2014 regular season and was amazed by them - their mental toughness, and Roughead's ability to make space but my soft spot is for St Kilda, who I first saw in 2004. I also follow Essendon news but in the same way I currently follow Boro news!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nah, I have gone off sports that I don't play anymore. So football, cricket, athletics etc.

Thank goodness I now have time to play more golf. Shame I carried on playing cricket for about 5 years longer than I should have done, becoming a cantankerous old git on the cricket field.

Also I have been fortunate enough to have been selected to play for Brighton and Hove GC a few times, so actually switching games from Saturday at 3 is a great help, only a pain when KO are moved to earlier than 3 o'clock meaning I have to miss the game!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
My dad supports Leicester so I've always followed them. Since moving abroad I watch ADO Den Haag often so I've gained an insight to Dutch football. Every ADO supporter couldn't believe Holla moved to us. But there is a few players we should look for, one guy who plays for FC Twente called Hakim Ziyech who I think would be perfect for us.

Interesting. They couldn't believe such a great player was going to lowly Brighton...... or they couldn't believe the mighty Brighton would have an interest in such a dross player?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Saw Hawthorn v Geelong at the MCG at the end of the 2014 regular season and was amazed by them - their mental toughness, and Roughead's ability to make space but my soft spot is for St Kilda, who I first saw in 2004. I also follow Essendon news but in the same way I currently follow Boro news!

Hawthorn V Geelong has been a classic for a few years now. I am going to the G in a couple of weeks for that one. I think Hawthorn will sadly prove too strong for the Cats although i am feeling a little optimistic about Geelong this season. Essendon are a car crash at the moment, not sure when they will get back on track.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Nope. I used to follow Everton but never watch, or keep up to date with any Premier League or European games now. I can tell you Leicester are at the top, & Villa are bottom - but no idea what is happening with the rest of the division.
Same with the Championship....I know the top 3 or 4 but after that I have no idea. My wife also has to remind me when the Albion have a home game these days as I have no idea of the schedule at all....

You may have guessed that I have fallen out of love with football the last few years - don't know why, but just don't get the same buzz as I used to anymore.

D

Deleted member 2719

Nope only England and MOTD as it is highlights, it all went down hill after i was forty odd.............................hmm or maybe it was i had kids and NO spare time!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
This is an excellent thread. Most of my football interest is Brighton.I look for any information I can on the internet regarding all aspect of BHA.I look at any rivals posts regarding Brighton on their forums. This forum is easily the best with quality and quantity.If another team play at the Amex any outstanding player I make a mental note of,Paddy McCourt was one of them.I cancelled Sky a couple of years ago as I was not watching it too much. I watch the odd game on BT sport. I will be following the Hull Borough game closely tonight looking for updtes every 10 minutes. I am on this forum many times a day seeing who has died and who wipes their backside sitting down or standing up. I get a lot from this forum.I do not havea second club.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Been involved in local youth football for around 30 years. Helper, coach, manager, treasurer, chairman, president, league management committees etc. Like everything else its fast becoming a haven for bureaucrats and the fa think we are only in it to supply future internationals.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Love football.

Playing it, training for it, watching it, reading about it, writing about it, arguing about it.

In terms of watching on TV, I watch MotD every week out of choice, and two or three live games most weeks on BT Sport, because my youngest teenager is at the obsessive stage - so A-League, Bundesliga, Serie A, whatever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here