Andrews - 6
JFC - 4
Lopez -5
Lingard - 6
Ulloa - 5

Dunk - 6
Buckley - 7
March - 6

A poor display in my opinion, not helped by the red but the starting 11 and bench baffled me

No doubt if we won there'd be a lot more 8's and 9's in there. People take the final result into account when formulating player ratings.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No doubt if we won there'd be a lot more 8's and 9's in there. People take the final result into account when formulating player ratings.

No there wouldn't. We were rubbish. If we had fluked a win it would only have papered over the cracks. Who do you think played well? Who had an above average performance? Who was worth an 8?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Completely irrelevant - either good enough or not, and he isn't, nowhere near

I thought he was better than Andrews and Ince today. Player ratings are always objective. Some people will see things others don't.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Kuszcak - 8 - Will be disappointed with the first goal, although it was a powerful strike but more than made amends with a quality one on one save and his handling was flawless throughout.
Bruno - 6 - Another mixed bag for the Spaniard. Some sublime touches and great link up play, but almost cost us dearly for not attacking the ball well enough and allowing Reading a one one one chance.
Ward - 8 - I thought he was superb today in the face of strong opposition and a slightly lop sided formation especially when down to ten men. Made several superbly timed sliding tackles and showed great energy to get up and down.
Upson - 6 - One mistake contributed to Greer's yellow card, but was generally very solid otherwise.
Greer - 5 - Not his fault for the first yellow, but even before then his distribution wasn't great.
Andrews - 6 - Came into his own once down to ten men and made several excellent blocks in and around our penalty area.
Ince - 7 - Much like Bridcutt even when his not completely at his best, his better than 75% of our players.
Forster-Caskey - 7 - Another good game for the youngster. As I've mentioned before the intelligence and timing of his runs are excellent and his continually trying to link up play between midfield and attack and support and run past Ulloa. He also does a lot of good defensive work on top.
Lopez - 4 - I usually stick up for Dave on these threads but he was poor today. His in the side for his delivery and he continually over hit crosses today.
Lindegaard - 7 - Promising debut, bags of energy and put in a real shift alongside Ward first half.
Ulloa - 7 - led the line well and linked up well with Buckley when he came on. Not much threat attacking wise, but little service but he done a fine job for the team and took the pressure of the defence time and time again.

Buckley - 7 - Positive substitution and he caused their defence problems with his direct style.
March - 5 - Showed some naivety in a pressured game, choose the wrong option to pass to Ulloa on a break away when Buckley was well placed.
Dunk - 7 - Came in a tough situation and coped like a veteran of 200+ games. I've got no concerns over his ability to replace Greer whilst suspended.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Interesting difference of opinion on JFC. I thought he contributed nothing except a clearance in the first half and the through ball for the offside goal. Drenthe left him for dead for the goal. Can't tackle, does nothing with the ball... What happened to the prospect of two seasons ago?

I have to agree, looked a much better player at 17 than he does now. I just don't think he's up to it at this level.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I have to agree, looked a much better player at 17 than he does now. I just don't think he's up to it at this level.

Without keeping harking on about JFC I do think it's very easy to miss what he contributes the team. He doesn't go tearing around winning crunching 50/50's, he doesn't have the pace to roast defenders but what he does do is a very intelligent job for the team and he has a cracking shot on him usually.

Try to look for the positions he takes up between the oppositions back four and midfield and then how he covers defensively, he really does a good job most games. If he had pace he would be worth in excess of £5 million in my view, vastly underrated by the majority.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No there wouldn't. We were rubbish. If we had fluked a win it would only have papered over the cracks. Who do you think played well? Who had an above average performance? Who was worth an 8?
Agreed, as it is the red card is doing quite a grand job of hiding another awful performance from us. We've got nothing in attack, yet the bench is loaded with wingers :shrug:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Kuszczak 7

Bruno 7
Greer 5
Upson 6
Ward 6

Andrews 3
JFC 5
Ince 5
Lopez 4
Lingard 5

Ulloa 5

Subs:

Dunk 6
Buckley 7
March 5

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought he was better than Andrews and Ince today. Player ratings are always objective. Some people will see things others don't.

Let's face it, a midfield three of Andrews, JFC and A half fit Ince is never going to be good enough against one of the stronger Championship sides.

keitho54

Oct 9, 2003
Interesting difference of opinion on JFC. I thought he contributed nothing except a clearance in the first half and the through ball for the offside goal. Drenthe left him for dead for the goal. Can't tackle, does nothing with the ball... What happened to the prospect of two seasons ago?

Good summary. Very lightweight again today.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusczack 8
Bruno 7
Greer 5
Upson 7
Ward 7
Andrews 6
Ince 6 had a quiet game by his standards
JFC 5 just not up to it
David 5 nearly always over hits his crosses but they seem to be our only attacking idea. March on Tuesday please.
Lingard 6
Ulloa 7 worked hard, repeatedly fouled, ref apparently didn't see any of them.

Buckley 6
Dunk 6
March 6

Knocker15

May 18, 2013
Gosport, Hants
Interesting to see differing marks for JFC I didn't think he contributed anything today yet others saw his performance so differently, though Bruno was MOM been very impressed with Bruno in recent weeks

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Let's face it, a midfield three of Andrews, JFC and A half fit Ince is never going to be good enough against one of the stronger Championship sides.

Agree with that, losing Crofts was a massive blow and one we still haven't recovered from as yet. Lets hope Stephens develops into his equal and can start driving the team forward from midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here