Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
His first is damn good too, setting it up to the winger, delicate brave header. And he gets a penalty. All in the derby.

And it was his shot at the end of the 1st half that the keeper just got finger tips to. Looks very good.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As I have said on other threads, TB and CH both think there is better Value for money in attacking midfielders and wingers than strikers. For this reason spending more on Jose Izquierdo and less on Raphael Dwamena, a youngster to compete with Murray and Hemed, makes sense

That could well be the case.

Besides, some PL clubs don't always play with an out and out centre forward or striker, in a fluid formation. For example, Liverpool with Sturridge often out injured, use Firmino, Mane and Coutinho in front three of pace, swapping positions during games.

Perhaps CH has different tactics and formations up his sleeve?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks too risky for the money ... I hope not. Niasse on loan over this one for me.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

The main Everton forum has Niasse on wages of £66k to £100k per week.

It was mentioned earlier in the summer on NSC by those knowledgeable on such matters, that our PL stars might earn £40k to £45k.

Is Niasse really worth that commitment, for a poor goal scoring record?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The main Everton forum has Niasse on wages of £66k to £100k per week.

It was mentioned earlier in the summer on NSC by those knowledgeable on such matters, that our PL stars might earn £40k to £45k.

Is Niasse really worth that commitment, for a poor goal scoring record?
I think hull paid only 35k a week of his wages I remember reading .... Everton are desperate to offload this is where we will get value

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing is, what would Niasse have to do to double/triple his value?

That bar would be considerably lower for Raphael. (or anyone else of his ilk)

If IF £8m Dwamena played the season and scored 5 decent goals, 3 cracking goals and the winner at Old Trafford (that IF really needs to be bigger! ) he'll be a £40m player in 12 months time.

I know finding that striker, in the arse end of nowhere is the needle in a haystack, but that is Winstanley's job.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The thing is, what would Niasse have to do to double/triple his value?

That bar would be considerably lower for Raphael. (or anyone else of his ilk)

If IF £8m Dwamena played the season and scored 5 decent goals, 3 cracking goals and the winner at Old Trafford (that IF really needs to be bigger! ) he'll be a £40m player in 12 months time.

I know finding that striker, in the arse end of nowhere is the needle in a haystack, but that is Winstanley's job.

Yer to clarify niasse for me is a last minute loan job. We definitely shouldn't buy him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Based upon the extremely successful spell enjoyed by our previous signing from a Zurich club (Nzuzi Toko, for those who have cast him aside from their memory) what could possibly go wrong?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

He did look ok in the friendly at Lewes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think hull paid only 35k a week of his wages I remember reading .... Everton are desperate to offload this is where we will get value

"Desparate" being the key word.

Without Lukaku, Everton will need strikers who actually score. Despite that need, Koeman doesn't see Niasse as part of their short term striking plans, which is telling.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
TB's counterpart at Zurich is clearly touting the player looking for the highest bid. Wherever the lad goes I guess it will be as late in the window as possible to try to get the biggest return

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
We remain interested, and apparently we will go a fair bit further to get him, but his parent club are holding an auction, by the sounds of it.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I'd rather pay 10 mil for this guy than prob nearly double for wood - looks to have more about him than Chris wood has ever shown despite his good season last yr - couldn't see Chris taking on players like he does and the touches and assists either

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seems pricey in any case without having to bid higher.
As said earlier, try getting more potential for less money.

£8m really isn't a lot of money as the recruitment team think he can score goals.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Swiss chancing their arm and want another couple of Million now they've seen what money we are prepared to pay for Izquierdo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here