Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Brazil/Talksport

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Danny Kelly is a bright guy and definitely one of TS's few assets, but the show he did with Simon Jordan was oh so self important as he fuelled SJ's rocket-sized ego. It's difficult to pick out the worst presenters as there's so many of them but I'll nominate the '2 Mikes', Durham + Gough and Brazil + anyone.
I heard Jordan a couple of times and actually thought he talked a bit of sense considering I wanted to dislike him

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I heard Jordan a couple of times and actually thought he talked a bit of sense considering I wanted to dislike him

I think this was the 'monkeys writing Shakespeare' parallel - give some enough air time and the odds are that at some point they might say something sensible........................(I utilise the same principle with my NSC postings.)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Danny Kelly is a bright guy and definitely one of TS's few assets, but the show he did with Simon Jordan was oh so self important as he fuelled SJ's rocket-sized ego. It's difficult to pick out the worst presenters as there's so many of them but I'll nominate the '2 Mikes', Durham + Gough and Brazil + anyone.

Why on earth they put the 2 pricks on in the Saturday warm up slot is beyond me. Let them stay to Talk Radio, they know nothing about sport whatsoever. I used to listen to Talksport a fair bit, but I don't anymore. It is obsessed by three or four clubs and they spend the entire day talking about the same thing. Crisis at Chelsea, Crisis at Arsenal etc.... Tabloid journalism on the radio.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Each to their own I guess...I quite enjoy listening to some of the shows, in particular when they have journalists on who actually know what they're talking about and have insight into current sports (normally football) stories.

Sunday night they have a show with three sports journalists where they discuss the weekend's football which is good, then followed by Danny Kelly's "European Express" which is very informative.

Too many ads though on Talk Sport, disrupts the flow constantly

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Why on earth they put the 2 pricks on in the Saturday warm up slot is beyond me. Let them stay to Talk Radio, they know nothing about sport whatsoever. I used to listen to Talksport a fair bit, but I don't anymore. It is obsessed by three or four clubs and they spend the entire day talking about the same thing. Crisis at Chelsea, Crisis at Arsenal etc.... Tabloid journalism on the radio.

I'm not having that. The Two Mikes are heroes among men. Can't believe they have been shifted to Talk Radio.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It does have some good presenters and some are woeful. Used to avoid Brazil and Durham in the drive time slots as the first was clueless and the second desperate to be Howard Stern.

When Murdoch bought TS I stopped listening altogether.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Loads of posts I could quote but I'll go for this one. Only I'd add Adrian Durham onto the 'dislike' list.

Brazil is an arse. His line of questioning and the questions themselves are awful, he seemingly does no preparation for the show and thinks it's funny that he can pronounce names, places or teams.

Doesn't care about any other sport than football and even then it's limited to certain teams in the PL - with a token mention of his beloved Ipswich.

A dinosaur of radio broadcasting.
He does also know his golf and horse racing..... but he is a waste of air space....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It does have some good presenters and some are woeful. Used to avoid Brazil and Durham in the drive time slots as the first was clueless and the second desperate to be Howard Stern.

When Murdoch bought TS I stopped listening altogether.

2nd that haven't listened since Murdoch bought it. Tabloid radio but there is a market for it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The one thing I did learn from TS (every 12 minutes) is that the trade go to Selco.
and that is why the BBC is worth every penny, even if they do spunk my money on dubious experts.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mike Parry surely is the worst of a bad lot. Just unlistenable noise.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'll be honest, I used to hate it but have come around to it of late. Brazil is a bit of a dinosaur, but is generally harmless enough, Kelly is decent and the Sunday night press pass is always pretty good too. On Durham, I used to hate him until I realised that he's just baiting people to call in, now I just find it funny how many bites he gets. Monday he did a whole show on how the Community Shield doesn't matter, and Arsenal fans fell for it hook, line ans sinker.

That said, there are some people I really can't stand. Jason Cundy is an absolute tool. Typical ex footballer that only knows about Chelsea and eff all else. Mick Quinn, see. Cundy but sub Chelsea for Liverpool/Newcastle. And the two Mikes. Literally, I turn on the radio and they're on and I'll turn it off immediately.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm in the minority I know but I cant stand Danny Kelly's high voice

Adrian Durham is just a wind up merchant who has a lot of knowledge, but just cant be taken seriously (plus the berk blocked me on Twitter for AGREEING with him)

Mike Parry is an embarrassment to his profession

Paul Hawksbee would be better without the out of touch Andy Jacobs

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm in the minority I know but I cant stand Danny Kelly's high voice

Adrian Durham is just a wind up merchant who has a lot of knowledge, but just cant be taken seriously (plus the berk blocked me on Twitter for AGREEING with him)

Mike Parry is an embarrassment to his profession

Paul Hawksbee would be better without the out of touch Andy Jacobs
I agree. I'm not sure what Jacobs adds to that partnership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here