Votes: 81 95.3%
  • Messy

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Dare say our flight to La Rochelle will be much more rubbish-strewn than the ones to La Palma and Barcelona were,god alone knows why.Always carry some screen wipes for spills.

Jul 7, 2003
Got off the flight to Florida and could not believe how much mess people leave. It looked like a years worth of crap strewn everywhere. Row after row. Not even isolated to just a couple of families. It looked like the stewardess had collected all the rubbish and then just tipped it over people as they slept/let their kids run riot.

Had the same experience in December. You could hardly see the floor in some areas of the plane. As someone who regularly flies short-haul the difference in the way people treat the plane on long haul is amazing.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Normally very tidy. Except the last time I flew, I left my earphones in the seat pocket :( Expensive mistake......

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Many people that you have to interact with on a plane these days are utter scumbags, I love watching these dullards who to save a few quid on easy jet bring along huge carry on cases and then proceed to try and stuff em in the nearest space in the overhead available.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Many people that you have to interact with on a plane these days are utter scumbags, I love watching these dullards who to save a few quid on easy jet bring along huge carry on cases and then proceed to try and stuff em in the nearest space in the overhead available.

That really boils my piss, they get on carrying these wheeled behemoths and then are indignant that there's no room for it in the overhead locker. No, there's no room for it because your fellow numpties have already filled the lockers with their own shitcases.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
A relation of mine worked for several years at Gatwick cleaning aircraft from all airlines and he said the most dirty with General rubbish, nappies under seats, partly empty food containers all sorts were planes that had come from the Far East this is purely anecdotal and as such I genuinely have no idea if this is true and if true why

I once worked at the Ramada and we always dreaded the arab rooms for the amount of sheer mess and destruction left behind. Those rooms literally took ten times as long to clear as the other rooms, and no tip left. In fact, those who left tips generally left their rooms immaculate.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That really boils my piss, they get on carrying these wheeled behemoths and then are indignant that there's no room for it in the overhead locker. No, there's no room for it because your fellow numpties have already filled the lockers with their own shitcases.

Indeed and this somewhat distasteful behaviour has created a new phenomenon of queuing early at the gate often before the plane is even on stand, you can see their eyes bulging, arms shaking and general dribbling as they wait anxiously to ensure they get a weeks holiday worth of their shit clothes stuffed in a planet sized cases just to say "I've saved £20"

The fun starts early into the flight when they haul the case back down to look for their bottle of water and reading glasses whilst unloading the entire contents in the search, often their sweaty fat arses stuck in the face of the poor soul on the other side of the aisle!

I won't fly long haul unless I can afford premium econ minimum!!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Indeed and this somewhat distasteful behaviour has created a new phenomenon of queuing early at the gate often before the plane is even on stand, you can see their eyes bulging, arms shaking and general dribbling as they wait anxiously to ensure they get a weeks holiday worth of their shit clothes stuffed in a planet sized cases just to say "I've saved £20"

The fun starts early into the flight when they haul the case back down to look for their bottle of water and reading glasses whilst unloading the entire contents in the search, often their sweaty fat arses stuck in the face of the poor soul on the other side of the aisle!

Any holiday where you go through that sort of nonsense to save the checked bag fee isn't a holiday

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Having done a job where we had to check flight manifests for, shall we say, certain unsavoury elements who might be on board, most people wouldn't get on a plane if they saw some of the results we'd get back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Top rant Sir :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having done a job where we had to check flight manifests for, shall we say, certain unsavoury elements who might be on board, most people wouldn't get on a plane if they saw some of the results we'd get back.

I don't understand?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Sitting in the departure lounge of a foreign airport on our way home from holiday, the gate number was put up very early.
A family with 3 kids rushed to the gate with all the paraphernalia in hand and stood there for 45 minutes.
The Dad had this know all, look at us grin on his face while we watched in disbelief.
We saw our plane land and taxi in but it went right past our gate by quite some way, noticing this me and Mrs Chopper and quite a few others strolled up the lounge, the gate number was changed and we all walked onto the plane in an orderly fashion.
Guess who did not realise what was happening and was last on the plane and guess who laughed his nuts of at him as I stretched out in one of those front seats with the extra leg room.
The look of anger on his face was beautiful to see.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

To be fair though, Easyjet actively encourage that crap. If they made hold luggage free and carry-on luggage paid-for, then their customer behaviour would entirely change overnight. I'd happily pay a few quid for that arrangement.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

I've noticed on the last couple of flights I've taken that the new trend is for those that are sitting up the back of the plane to put their cases in the forward overhead lockers to save them carrying them too far. This then has a knock on effect as it leaves limited or no space for those up the front.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've noticed on the last couple of flights I've taken that the new trend is for those that are sitting up the back of the plane to put their cases in the forward overhead lockers to save them carrying them too far. This then has a knock on effect as it leaves limited or no space for those up the front.

Tho leaves them looking like complete wallies when they open the doors at the back of the plane on landing, as has happened on the last couple of flights I've taken :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair though, Easyjet actively encourage that crap. If they made hold luggage free and carry-on luggage paid-for, then their customer behaviour would entirely change overnight. I'd happily pay a few quid for that arrangement.

EasyJet are a bit odd as they charge for hold luggage up front of flights but you can also volunteer cabin luggage into the hold for free on the day of the flight at check in.

Something I don't understand is on EasyJet I nearly always see a ruck at the gate regarding cabin luggage and they only allow a single case. BA allows a case and a small bag but there's never a fight.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here