Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What would be your starting 11 v Watford (opening game)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What are people basing their selection on? How much of the new signings have they seen?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Locadia is rubbish and injured

So you have said, ad nauseam, before during and after his signing.

I'm sure, in the forthcoming season, you'll take great delight in your special kind of support whenever Locadia is at fault while omitting to notice any upturn in form from his lacklustre start.
Whilst dwayne's comment is little more than dull click-bait simply because it presents no analysis, he's not that far wrong given the evidence so far unfortunately. He essentially cost us the game at Palace by consistently failing to track back. He's also proved to be ineffective when he has started, to the extent that Hughton mostly didn't trust him to start.

Hopefully he can turn it around because we'll need him, but you shouldn't expect nobody whatsoever to form the reasonable opinion that he isn't very good. The proof is in the pudding.

Calling a spade a spade with no reasoning is no more nauseating than clapping like a seal on here regardless of how crap our players have been. Something you have form for.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Quite odd that you don't seem to know how our manager works.

Considering you are taking a dig at AK who had such a great end to the season, you either don't watch us very often or enjoy irrational thought.

Am sure I know what manager done. To more comfortably be able to retain our place in Premier League has received owners backing to strenghten team. He must think lastest buy is an improvement on Knockhaert and Androne on Murray.
Not having a dig at AK. just commenting. Great entertainer on his day. However apart from defending not enough of those days and do think in majority of games defenders knew what he was going to do. The competition could do him good and am sure we will see some great cameos coming on as sub.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Am sure I know what manager done. To more comfortably be able to retain our place in Premier League has received owners backing to strenghten team. He must think lastest buy is an improvement on Knockhaert and Androne on Murray.
Not having a dig at AK. just commenting. Great entertainer on his day. However apart from defending not enough of those days and do think in majority of games defenders knew what he was going to do. The competition could do him good and am sure we will see some great cameos coming on as sub.

Conveniently ignoring AK’s performances in the PL run in, when he found good form, AGAINST PL DEFENDERS.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Maybe some of the new recruits were bought to be better than Murphy bfg baldock. Hoping they will take their place in the first 11 as time goes on. The first 11 were not too shabby last season.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Ryan

Bruno
Dunk
Bolagun
Bernardo

Ali J
Bissouma
Stephens
Izzy

Gross
Andone

Based purely on the players I feel will cope with the heat!

See sometimes you need to think outside the box!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Because it's what we do. We didn't have any choice but to throw Gros, Propper, Ryan and Suttner in at the deep end against Manchester City, but that was an exception.
Schelotto - had to wait;
Izzy - had to wait;
Locadia - had to wait.
That's our two record signings of all time up to then left to wait to get a place in the team. My guess is that Balogun, Bernado, Jahanbaksh, Bissouma and co. are all likely to have to wait their turn too.

Murray, Knockaert, Hemed, Kayal, Duffy went straight into the team and stayed in it. There’s no pattern. Izquierdo (didn’t wait long) and Scheletto are the exceptions with Hughton and signings not the rule. Locadia has his chance pretty quickly but arguably didn’t take it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Murray, Knockaert, Hemed, Kayal, Duffy went straight into the team and stayed in it. There’s no pattern. Izquierdo (didn’t wait long) and Scheletto are the exceptions with Hughton and signings not the rule. Locadia has his chance pretty quickly but arguably didn’t take it.

We'll see what happens in August - whether it is an emerging pattern or not (my guess for the team against Watford is on this thread somewhere). In the earlier days of Hughton's reign we had to make changes pretty quickly, but more recently he's been taking his time about it.
Would agree with you that the jury's still out on Locadia though.

Stumpy Tim

Ryan
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Knockaert
Stephens
Bissouma
Izqueirdo

Groß

Andone
I suspect you'll be right, assuming Andone gets a couple of matches beforehand. A few people writing off Locadia already, but I think he'll be a lot better this season. If he's fit, I think he'll start upfront, but if he's out 2-3 weeks Andone will. Murray to be third choice.

Away from home we need pace, hence Murray will be third choice and Jose will start ahead of March

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Ryan
Bruno, Dunk, Duffy/Balogun*, Bernardo
Stephens, Propper
Knockaert, Gross, Izqueirdo
Murray​

* depending on Duffy's fitness

Subs: Button, Duffy/Balogun, Bong, Bissouma, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Andone

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst dwayne's comment is little more than dull click-bait simply because it presents no analysis, he's not that far wrong given the evidence so far unfortunately. He essentially cost us the game at Palace by consistently failing to track back. He's also proved to be ineffective when he has started, to the extent that Hughton mostly didn't trust him to start.

Hopefully he can turn it around because we'll need him, but you shouldn't expect nobody whatsoever to form the reasonable opinion that he isn't very good. The proof is in the pudding.

Calling a spade a spade with no reasoning is no more nauseating than clapping like a seal on here regardless of how crap our players have been. Something you have form for.

I've not once clapped like a seal where Locadia is concerned (part evolution :lol: part nothing to clap about :shrug: ).

It's one thing to form an ongoing 'reasonable opinion' based even on what little we've seen.
But something completely different to just repeatedly and constantly slag off a player just because of the division he was previously in. (oh and 'my family who are season ticket holders said' :yawn: )

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Because it's what we do. We didn't have any choice but to throw Gros, Propper, Ryan and Suttner in at the deep end against Manchester City, but that was an exception.
Schelotto - had to wait;
Izzy - had to wait;
Locadia - had to wait.
That's our two record signings of all time up to then left to wait to get a place in the team. My guess is that Balogun, Bernado, Jahanbaksh, Bissouma and co. are all likely to have to wait their turn too.

I agree with you completely re Hughton's way of working. I think Bernardo might be the exception. Would be very surprised if he does not start at Watford. For the rest, they may be brought in gradually although a couple will inevitably start early games.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I've not once clapped like a seal where Locadia is concerned (part evolution :lol: part nothing to clap about :shrug: ).

It's one thing to form an ongoing 'reasonable opinion' based even on what little we've seen.
But something completely different to just repeatedly and constantly slag off a player just because of the division he was previously in. (oh and 'my family who are season ticket holders said' :yawn: )

He spends most of his time doing it too. Most of the serial moaners on here have backed off and been quite positive this summer. Dwayne is one of the exceptions to this.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They’ve had the press there etc. He hasn’t. (Although a different set of players)

Very good point re the press, I blame the heat for frying my brain! Just seems that we've played more closed door friendlies than I ever remember. Wasn't Crawley closed as well?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think Balogun will start ahead of Duffy. CB isn't a position you ease people into - you start with the first choice pairing and work from there.

Bernardo will be eased in, Bong will start.

Bruno or Schelotto I can't tell which way CH will go

Lots of fitness questions about Andone, Locadia, Murray at the moment so not sure what happens there.

Jahanbakhsh or Knockaert, Izquierdo or March -they'll be interchanging all season

Central midfield is the one place that I have no idea what CH will do. Bissouma looks the real deal, but where and how he fits I do not know

Dunk and Ryan are the only two 100% nailed on certainties, well most probably Gross too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He spends most of his time doing it too. Most of the serial moaners on here have backed off and been quite positive this summer. Dwayne is one of the exceptions to this.

I just can't get my head round it.

Over the years we've had a bazillion and one things to moan about, occasionally serious mostly trivial.

Yet this Summer we still get an endless background drone of moaning and whinging, the new kit thread read like the start of reception class.

Posters are STILL eager of Ryan to screw up.
Obviously Locadia can't even kick a ball.
Schelotto is conning a living.

Actually now I come to think about it, that's only 2 posters, perhaps I should just use [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] approach to NSC :lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
For this reason I cannot see Hemed being sold in this window. Baldock yes

Hemed no (not sold) Suttner yes? HGP allocation.

Baldock makes the cut. Or we could sell another foreign player as well as Towell, Skalák and Norwood?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ryan

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo

Knockaert
Stephens
Bissouma
Pröpper
Izquierdo

Murray

I'd snap your hand off for a point, really important to get points on the board early doors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here