Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cheering on the Overdogs

Jimmy Grimble

I remember early on in the season a pub full of Albion fans cheering a late Watford goal against Liverpool. There was clearly a few who had that 'oh shit why am I cheering them' afterthought.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree about them not being realistic relegation candidates, however with how tight it is a draw would have left Watford level on points with us, had they lost to Chelsea we'd be above them right now. Such fine margins at the moment.

Should give us some confidence that just a couple of wins could lift us into that lofty company.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
It all depends where your teams lies in the table...we were 5th and above Spurs and Arsenal when we arrived to play you at the Amex on December 16 (four days earlier after beating Stoke we were EVEN 4th and in a Champions League place until Liverpool won the following day).

It was a weird feeling then (before injuries started our poor run). After 18 games, Burnley did NOT want others in the Top Six to win because of unrealistic thoughts of qualifying for Europe next season.

Now our results have fallen away (10 without a win), the situation is reversed and now we want the "out of reach" Big Six to beat all the other 13 teams so we can somehow try to cling on to a precarious 7th place.

Like the saying about politics, a week (two successive wins or two successive defeats) is a long time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cheer the overdogs in the league, and the underdogs in the cup :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And surely no Brighton fan was pleased when Man U lost on Sunday against Newcastle?

I know one that was ecstatic. Ok, so he is actually a born and bred Geordie and Toon fan, but lives down here and has a season ticket at The Albion. He was happy as a pig in shit last season when both his teams got promoted :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here