Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queen Elizabeth on the move

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
They could always send a load of homeless people down there, all those bags of clothes and assorted blankets would mop it up in no time at all, we have plenty after all.

yes we have lots of homeless people , and lots of.recent immigrants in social housing, crazy isnt it ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I did. Did my training at RAF Hereford, and was told towards the end of my training that I was going to RAF Stafford. Left whilst I still could and joined the RN :lolol: The thought of a couple of years in Stafford really didnt appeal.

you got out of the navy early as well , not much good at lasting were you ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
i do , were you in the navy long enough to find it out ? how long did you do , 2 years wasnt it ? :lolol:

Dear lord. Its right what they said about army people. Im disappointed. I was discussing what I did in the same time I would have spent at RAF Stafford, but the Army reputation appears to be true.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If you followed the conversation, you wouldnt look so silly now.

did you do your full term in the navy or did you buy yourself out ?i before you answer , try.to remember what youve admitted on here before.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
did you do your full term in the navy or did you buy yourself out ?i before you answer , try.to remember what youve admitted on here before.

I was in the RN from 1971 until 1975. Yes, I bought myself out when I returned from the far east on HMS Lowestoft, and I have absolutely no reason to lie about it. Really irks you that I was in the forces longer than you doesnt it :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was in the RN from 1971 until 1975. Yes, I bought myself out when I returned from the far east on HMS Lowestoft, and I have absolutely no reason to lie about it. Really irks you that I was in the forces longer than you doesnt it :lolol:

you werent , i was in from 82 to 87 , but it wouldnt if you were.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
you werent , i was in from 82 to 87 , but it wouldnt if you were.
I was in the RAF for over a year before leaving to join the RN.
As ive said, ive no reason to lie about anything, and I think it does matter... to you. Its not the first time you have gone down this road :lolol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Thankfully I have sent zero years in the armed forces, can’t think of much worse for me. But I am grateful to those who choose to make it their profession for a period of their life as every country needs to be able to defend itself.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was in the RAF for over a year before leaving to join the RN.
As ive said, ive no reason to lie about anything, and I think it does matter... to you. Its not the first time you have gone down this road :lolol:

right you were in the RAF for over year ,so you bought yourself out of the RAF, and you bought yourself out of the navy , some people might be inclined to think youre one of those misfits that isnt.liked and eventually has to.leave because they are so unpopular .

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
right you were in the RAF for over year ,so you bought yourself out of the RAF, and you bought yourself out of the navy , some people might be inclined to think youre one of those misfits that isnt.liked and eventually has to.leave because they are so unpopular .

Youre a frustrated individual arent you :lolol:

Happy xmas anyway,

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

This isn't the first time that the Germans have produced sub-standard (pun unintentional) naval engineering.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...German-submarines-that-have-never-sailed.html

There's also the small matter of the Berlin Brandenburg Airport, already 5 years overdue and £5bn over budget. I read somewhere that it costs the German taxpayers a million euros for every day it remains unopened.

I think this is your line of work so I'm hoping you'll know the answer...part of the design problem seems to me, as a complete layman, to be that there's an element of vanity in the QE aircraft carrier and the German frigates being so big. I don't know if that's true or not but if it is then it's incredible that 500-odd years after the Mary Rose sank in the Solent and the Vasa sank in Stockholm, we're still making the same mistakes.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All the @HMSQnlz ‘no planes’ nonsense got me thinking:

ARK ROYAL (RO9)
Sea trials - 6/54
1st fixed wing landing - 6/55

INVINCIBLE (RO5)
Sea trials - 5/79
1st fixed wing landing - 5/80