Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Without trying to wet my bed too much, I am a little bit surprised there has been no movement in at all so far. My worry now is the longer we leave it whether we are going to be as an attractive proposition as we were at the start of the month.

With 2 difficult games coming up we could be very much in the relegation zone come the 31st and will that put potential targets off who might have been more enthusiastic to join when we were 12th?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, we keep signing players, but where are the signs of any potential being realised? Not in results, that's for sure. Ben Hall, Jordan Davies, Steven Alzate, Ales Mateju, Soufyan Ahannach - all arrived with varying degrees of fanfare, but I don't hear too much about the great promise they're showing in the U23s.. Viktor Gyokeres is presumably the latest signing never to be heard of again ... Maybe AZ Gull can update us.

I can confirm that, statistically, the chance of any of these players becoming a Premier League regular for us is slim.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We started the season well unexpectedly, but in reality it was always going to be a desperate struggle to survive in this league for the first season.
TB was probably expecting as much and I'm sorry but our final run of games this season will put the nail in the coffin, unless we do something.
I'm not suggesting panic, but a more realistic approach.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The panic is over.

Tony has bought an end to the recruitment teams annual January retreat 'to get away from it all', communing with nature.
They will be back in the office today, after a good wash and scrub behind the ears.

hqdefault.jpg

Signing @ 16:30 today, leaks to social media from 15:36 onwards.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How do you know? (Can’t bring myself to say sauce for source!)

No sources just the wonders of the internet. I ignored one very unreliable Twitter account saying we are in negotiations with Celtic over Dembele but I'm in Malaga at the minute and a regional press report says Andone could still go unless he gets assurances on starting.
Toko-Ekambe is a guess. Naylor mentioned him as a genuine target. He's doing well but it's all gone quiet. Just feels like how we work :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Without trying to wet my bed too much, I am a little bit surprised there has been no movement in at all so far. My worry now is the longer we leave it whether we are going to be as an attractive proposition as we were at the start of the month.

With 2 difficult games coming up we could be very much in the relegation zone come the 31st and will that put potential targets off who might have been more enthusiastic to join when we were 12th?

I don't think players care too much about that. Most of them seem to ask how much do they get in wages.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

What players like Andone, who's team is currently in the relegation zone?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pascal Groß
Exactly this 'oh we're not attractive to players because we might be in the relegation zone' is bullploppies.

The Premier League, a Premier League team, buying at Premier League prices and paying Premier League wages will make it happen, nothing more nothing less.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I have it on good authority that we will never SING a player ever again

EVER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Exactly this 'oh we're not attractive to players because we might be in the relegation zone' is bullploppies.

The Premier League, a Premier League team, buying at Premier League prices and paying Premier League wages will make it happen, nothing more nothing less.

However, in 3 months time we could be a Championship team, playing in the Championship, paying Championship wages. As you say, wages dictate these scenarios, I’d be surprised if we weren’t inserting a clause for wages to be reduced in the event of relegation. Sure, we’ll still perhaps attract a certain type of player, but we looked a solid mid table team a few short weeks ago and I’m confident that would have put us in a slightly stronger position for attracting players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we sign a player either today or later in the window it will have been a few weeks wasted as this should have been done and dusted to take effect from 1st January. It is not as if we havent experienced problems with a transfer window before

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
However, in 3 months time we could be a Championship team, playing in the Championship, paying Championship wages. As you say, wages dictate these scenarios, I’d be surprised if we weren’t inserting a clause for wages to be reduced in the event of relegation. Sure, we’ll still perhaps attract a certain type of player, but we looked a solid mid table team a few short weeks ago and I’m confident that would have put us in a slightly stronger position for attracting players.

we lost 20m a season on championship wages.

Rocky times ahead when we drop

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
If we sign a player either today or later in the window it will have been a few weeks wasted as this should have been done and dusted to take effect from 1st January. It is not as if we havent experienced problems with a transfer window before

It’s not like a supermarket where you just wander in and pick a striker off the shelf. It’s a very complex market, where clubs are not willing to weaken their hand by selling. My feeling is we missed our opportunity and should have been more aggressive in our pursuit pre- season and will have to pay massively inflated transfer fees for the players we want and even then it may prove impossible to attract them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here