Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Typical leftie Brighton poll results. I was going to vote Conservative this time (UKIP recently), but will vote UKIP again as a protest against the Conservative's refusal to lower the foreign aid budget and as a thank you to UKIP for getting us out of Europe.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Typical leftie Brighton poll results. I was going to vote Conservative this time (UKIP recently), but will vote UKIP again as a protest against the Conservative's refusal to lower the foreign aid budget and as a thank you to UKIP for getting us out of Europe.

Understandable sentiment but ultimately a wasted vote in this instance and allowing a tiny open window for Lab/Lib/Greens. Good for you for sticking to a principle though.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Look st the state of the country now. Looked past your bias and see what is happening.

Privitastion of the NHS, the rise in food banks, a huge rise in child poverty, rip off landlords, welfare cuts, cuts to cooperation tax meaning cooperations pay less tax than their employees, spectacularly missed economic targets, the longest fall in value of wages since records began, the austerity con, the most unaffordable homes ever, the biggest education funding cuts in decades and the defunding of local government.

How does any of that lead to a happier, more united country? Stop belittling the left for opposing this and take off your right wing blinkers.
**** me, who are you the cliche king!

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The Survation poll is the only one today but somebodies poll firm will be looking for a new career on Friday as they are all over the place now

53% of NSC voting for Corbyn......I thought football fans were of a better demographic these days ...there must be more than one Stupid IDIOT.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I'm making my prediction now.

I'm going for a slightly larger Tory majority than before, +5-15 seats
But I also expect a small net gain for Labour.

Which in all honesty, considering how far ahead the Tories were in the polls before this snap election was called, is better than I'd hoped for at the time of the calling as a landslide majority for Theresa May to essentially do what she wants in terms of Brexit was a terrifying prospect.

Whether or not that's the end of Corbyn, we'll see.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
To criticise one policy without taking into consideration he other policy changes in a manifesto is ludicrous.

Let's say labour don't raise all the taxes needed from corporations tax increases. A simplistic view of this would be that labours policy has failed.

However also as part of their plans is to raise minimum wage to to £10 this will bring in more taxes from the lower income families, require less tax credit subsidies and give lower income families more spending power.

More spending power means more VAT taxation.

So to summarise:

- more income from corporation tax increases
- more income from lower income Taxes
- more income from high earners taxes
- more spending power means more income from VAT
- less working benefit subsidies needed.

It's basis economics. especially VAT.

How many people do you know in low income families who are avid savers storing there money away? The high earners are either more likely to store their money in savings accounts or to tax evade. More spend means a greater growing economy and in turn more profits to offset the corporation tax increases anyway.

Judge labour on their manifesto as a whole.

And the Corbyn pressing the button thing with the supposed white right wing middle aged men. Can I ask how many nuclear attacks they can draw experience from please?

Lovely.

Course that's all dependant on the 40% hike in corporation tax, and the 40% hike in the minimum wage no putting tens of thousands of small business out of business, thus a lot of the lower income families out of work!

That's also ignoring the fact if Labour win power, then sterling will crash like we have never seen it crash before, thus putting up prices and inflation.

So to summarise:

- less income from corporation tax increases. Because any corporation large enough, avoids a lot of tax as it is, so it will only really hit the small/medium businesses
- less income from lower income Taxes
- more income from high earners taxes TICK
- LESS spending power means less income from VAT. Unless of course they increase that by 40% as well!
- MORE working benefit subsidies needed as thousands of business go to the wall leaving more and more people in need of handouts.

This also ignores that he £10 minimum wage will probably be worth less in real terms that it is today, because inflation will be so rampant in real terms £10 under Labour will be worth less than £7.20 today.

But then of course if Labour does win power, all this shit about £10 minimum wages will be as relevant as the students University fees, because they will u-turn on it. They'll have to, because it cannot work, although the judging by the leadership and his shadow abnets, they will be to pig-ignorant to u-turn, and will just drag the country under.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's Stormzy knowing where its at that matters the most.

SWNS_STORMZY_LABOUR_01.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm making my prediction now.

I'm going for a slightly larger Tory majority than before, +5-15 seats
But I also expect a small net gain for Labour.

Which in all honesty, considering how far the Tories were in the polls before this snap election was called, is better than I'd hoped for at the time of the calling.

Whether or not that's the end of Corbyn or not, we'll see.

Once talks break down between The EU and The Daily Mail, May's on very weak and wobbly ice no matter what.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here