Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion U-23s: Review of the Season - 2016-17

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
But what about Luis Garcia?

I'm sure he played for the U23s this season.

Shame on you AZ re this utterly shocking omission - as one of our brightest prospects akin to Connelly, I'd expect a footnote at the very least!

I could be wrong though :/

Luis Garcia made one substitute appearance for the U-23s, coming on after 79 minutes in the 2-1 defeat at Forest in January.

He probably didn't even touch the ball.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Thanks for an awesome update there

Luis Garcia made one substitute appearance for the U-23s, coming on after 79 minutes in the 2-1 defeat at Forest in January.

He probably didn't even touch the ball.

I disagree. He did touch the ball. As I recall he attempted a cross, which was overhit and went out of play.

Call yourself an expert!

You'll live to regret the sacasm when young Luis cleaves the premier league triumvirate in twain next season!

;)

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great write up.

What a waste of space Harper was. "Albion sign Real Madrid striker" :facepalm:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Joe Ward has just posted this on his instagram, so his contract is not being extended:-

End of a good long testing couple of seasons here, had a great time and experience at Brighton & hove Albion, developed and learnt a lot alongside some great players and coaches, but time for a new adventure, I'm looking forward to what's next..

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We now have official confirmation from the club of the departures of Tom Cadman, Connor Tighe, Joe Ward, Vahid Hambo plus left-back Dylan Barnett who spent most of the season on loan at Bognor.

There are new one-year deals for George Cox, Ben Barclay, Will Collar, Des Hutchinson and local 'keeper Billy Collings - UNDER-23 QUINTET OFFERED NEW DEALS

As there is no mention of Robert Sanchez or James Tilley, I think we must assume they are still under contract and so must have signed three-year deals in 2015.

I have updated the contracts article with this new info (to reflect these players' existing contracts) and will create a new article for next season that will reflect the new contracts.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here