Antony Knockaert

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
1339426725154_9146065.png

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Money

No matter what we are building here or however #Together we are, if a club comes in and offers a player more money then 8 times out of 10 they will go
I understand what you're saying but I don't think that's always the case.

Besides, is the bottom half of the French top flight going to pay much more than a side like us? If we get promoted he's likely to pick up a much bigger pay packet than with us than Toulouse.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
He is bound to have attracted many clubs after last season. I'm fairly relaxed at Toulouse's interest as I can't see him going there. It's the premier league offers that could entice him away. Quality player we would do well to hold on to. Long contract left with us so tough to call

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am not worried in the slightest by this rumour. He is another I am convinced will be here this season

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What is your view on Kayal and or Stephens leaving?

BG - I have been very open on other threads where I stand on Kayal.

I think he will still be here as well. Stephens I have always said I am not sure but that's only because he has got ''suitors'' and the same with Dunk. However even both of them I think we will make every effort to hang on to them and if they leave then we will be the ones who dictate the level of any fee.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I think he will still be here as well. Stephens I have always said I am not sure but that's only because he has got ''suitors'' and the same with Dunk. However even both of them I think we will make every effort to hang on to them and if they leave then we will be the ones who dictate the level of any fee.

If we were to sell Dunk and Stephens I'd like to think we'd have a hefty transfer kitty availability to Mr Hughton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Dictating the fee could mean going to the 11th hour to get the price asked and then failing to bring in the replacement for any number of reasons. We may already have a replacement lined up but he'll have to be pretty damned good to step into Stephens shoes and gel with Kayal ( that is assuming that he's not off as well)

I realise 90% of NSC are comfortable with this brinksmanship and have complete faith in the club. I have seen too many seasons where we got it wrong to believe that it's just going to fall into place. I would, of course, love to be wrong.

Remember it was only two seasons ago that the club fecked it up completely....

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Don't bother feeling sorry for me I love all things Albion, I just don't see that we can just presume that we can hold on to all our players who are coveted by other clubs. Dunk aside we have sold every player that bigger clubs have wanted for as long as I can remember.

I am not depressed or pissed off I just don't have the same blind faith that so many appear to have that nobody will be leaving whilst more quality players will be incoming. I think there will be a balance between the two.

Perfect, every word.

A legend speaks.

Rock on Icy...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I feel sorry for [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] . I hope everything in day to day life doesn't have the same 'glass much lower than half full' outlook. You'd think from reading their posts we had already sold the entire team as apposed to turning down offers for the only player who has had a bid made.

It's all pretty tiresome in my view. Some random Internet site or newspaper has a story linking one of our players with a club and you can guarantee one of them or someone will start a thread assuming they will be sold and moaning about it. Yet we've not sold any of our key players yet.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's all pretty tiresome in my view. Some random Internet site or newspaper has a story linking one of our players with a club and you can guarantee one of them or someone will start a thread assuming they will be sold and moaning about it. Yet we've not sold any of our key players yet.

If you are referring to me, please point me in the direction of a thread that I have started on the back of a rumour about someone leaving. If you really can't believe that we are going to lose players this window, good for you but please don't assume that you are right and slag others off for suggesting that we might and being a bit concerned about it.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If you are referring to me, please point me in the direction of a thread that I have started on the back of a rumour about someone leaving. If you really can't believe that we are going to lose players this window, good for you but please don't assume that you are right and slag others off for suggesting that we might and being a bit concerned about it.

If you're not starting them, it's always you on the threads moaning. I'm not saying we're not going to sell anyone. I'm saying if we believe you, we'd have no players left by the start of the season. They'd all have been sold

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

How can he believe something when it's just rumour from a source that he doesn't know personally? I don't disagree with your concerns....but nothing has happened (as yet)...it's all about assessing the information...judging it's worthiness and taking it from there etc etc..some of it seems down to how a poster generally sees things..for example glass half empty.

Chin up you have got one poster now referring to you as a legend ..so it's not all bad :)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you're not starting them, it's always you on the threads moaning. I'm not saying we're not going to sell anyone. I'm saying if we believe you, we'd have no players left by the start of the season. They'd all have been sold

Yes of course I keep saying how everybody is leaving :rolleyes:. What I have been saying is that we will offload any of our players if we are offered enough and we have three maybe four that clubs WILL offer big bucks for. If that translates as we are selling everybody I suggest your comprehension of English is suspect.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes of course I keep saying how everybody is leaving :rolleyes:. What I have been saying is that we will offload any of our players if we are offered enough and we have three maybe four that clubs WILL offer big bucks for. If that translates as we are selling everybody I suggest your comprehension of English is lacking.

Every thread with a random rumour about a player leaving you're on there pretty much saying they are gone. So yes, that pretty much translates to every player if people offer money for them.

You mention two years ago earlier in the thread but we're a different club now. We have a stable management team and a very impressive scouting staff who had great results last season. We've also got a significantly stronger team than we had this time last year so, while I would have liked us to have made more signings by now and sorted a few contracts, I'm not going into panic mode and assume we're heading for a relegation (even though we lost a friendly tonight).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here