Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Promotion to the PL was worth £200M, or so we kept being reminded.....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You are thick .

And you're a dick for wanting a new board. I suspect you weren't around in the bad years otherwise you'd realise how good our current board is.

Jul 7, 2003
You don't know me, and suggested I had not been around Brighton since 1970 - quite astonishing tbh!

As for flack, it's water off a duck's back, but I do see why so many wont post on here now, no-one likes to discuss the reality of the club! You are either a 'bedwetter', a Palaarse sleeper' or not lived here since......

With that I'm done here.

Thanks for the entertainment but don't rush back. As Gazz15 must refer to your age it must be time to do your homework before school tomorrow. Good luck with your exams this year although I hope for your sake you won't be pinning your hopes on a maths or economics pass.

Oh, if you ever pass the Amex or the training ground, just have a quick look and think how much money it cost to build and maintain such places.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Hasn't Tony sunk something like £250 of his own cash into the club at this point. Say it as a quarter of a billion pounds and it sounds outlandish. I reckon he's entitled to ease up on the rate of loss a little bit.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Just because we offered 23m for a player it makes it all better. The thing is we didn't get him probably because he was above our pay structure which makes the bid rather pointless

:facepalm: another missing the point and fallacious arguing otherwise.

Your inference is that we didn't get him because of our pay structure.....jesus wept.

And we finished the game yesterday with 10 outfield Championship players, doesn’t say much for our recruitment does it.

That's not the point. OP was stating we didn't invest, whether they were played or not is not the point.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I can’t think of an adequate replacement for CH, though I worry about his history of getting a team promoted but not keeping them up.
Similarly Anthony K dazzled in the Championship, but can’t hack it at the top (deja vu Leicester )
Why spend millions on a striker when we have Baldock ?
I honestly can’t fault the team, but everyone else has sussed out the style we play.

What a clown!
He has no history of getting teams promoted and not keeping them up! He took Newcastle back up and got sacked with them in the top half of the table. Norwich were already in the Prem when he took over and he didn’t get them relegated. When he was sacked they were not in the bottom 3!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I've no idea. I'm just being boring with facts and pedantry as usual. Forgive me.

Haha, nothing wrong with facts and pedantry.
It just seems clubs haven’t been yo-yoing as much the last couple of seasons and seeing clubs like Hull and Sunderland in the positions they are in is worrying as parachute payments no longer = instant promotion

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Haha, nothing wrong with facts and pedantry.
It just seems clubs haven’t been yo-yoing as much the last couple of seasons and seeing clubs like Hull and Sunderland in the positions they are in is worrying as parachute payments no longer = instant promotion

Sunderland were a bit of a basket case playing wise and Hull have big issues with the owners. Middlesbrough who went down last year are on the fringes of the play-offs as are Villa from the year before.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We obviously need someone else in - but I’m getting ever more frustrated by not giving Baldock a chance.

Goal scoring has been our biggest problem this season so I really don’t understand why he isn’t at least given a chance. It has been patently proved that our current set up is not conducive to scoring goals - so why don’t we change it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
As I said to someone yesterday....we need an upgrade on a 36 year old Glenn Murray!!!

We are not, I repeat not, trying to replace Lionel ****ing Messi here.

It shouldn't be this ****ing difficult!!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here