Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/...ti-africa.html?smid=tw-nytimesworld&smtyp=cur

A day after meeting with Norway’s prime minister in Washington, President Trump told members of Congress that the United States needed more immigrants from places like Norway and fewer immigrants from countries like Haiti.

Helge Ogrim, a veteran journalist who used to cover the United States for the Norwegian News Agency, said of Mr. Trump’s latest remark: “It falls into a pattern of nativist and very unpleasant language from a poorly qualified president, if not worse. President Trump seems to relish in derogatory remarks about others and praise for himself. This incident, just after his blunder with the fictional ‘F-52’ planes, further lowers the respect for his office and for the U.S. abroad.”

This was not the first time Mr. Trump had rankled Scandinavians with off-the-cuff remarks. In February, he puzzled and alarmed Swedes when, in a speech discussing refugee policies in Europe, he suggested that a terrorist attack had occurred “last night in Sweden.” No such thing had taken place.

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/951712858785579008

[tweet]951712858785579008[/tweet]

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It's like having Alan Partridge as president.

On the one hand the bloke clearly unsuitable to be in such a position and potentially completely unhinged and dangerous. On the other his regular f*ck ups and general dickish behaviour is kind of hilarious in a cringy way, Alan Partridge indeed. Getting computer games confused with real life is brilliant. :lolol:

I kind of hope he does get another four years!

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
If further down the line the US economy has continued to grow,if the tax cuts kick in and make a big difference,if Trump sorts out other problems such as NKorea etc,will you Trump haters give the man some credit or as I suspect will you bitch him regardless of what he does?

Is it better to have a President who get's things done but is slightly off the rails or someone limp like Obama who talks the talk,is PC but who does zilch?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If further down the line the US economy has continued to grow,if the tax cuts kick in and make a big difference,if Trump sorts out other problems such as NKorea etc,will you Trump haters give the man some credit or as I suspect will you bitch him regardless of what he does?

IF Chuba Akpom had scored 30 goals last season I would have said he was a brilliant striker.

But he didn't

So I won't.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Is it better to have a President who get's things done but is slightly off the rails or someone limp like Obama who talks the talk,is PC but who does zilch?

Trump isn't running the US economy policy unit. In fact, I'm not sure what he is doing. The USA will be fine despite him- not because of him.

As regards Obama, tell me, how did he 'talk the talk' in his scandal free presidency ? And what is this PC you speak of ?

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Trump isn't running the US economy policy unit. In fact, I'm not sure what he is doing. The USA will be fine despite him- not because of him.

As regards Obama, tell me, how did he 'talk the talk' in his scandal free presidency ? And what is this PC you speak of ?

Which goes to show the Trump haters will never give him credit.Had that been Obama then of course you would have credited him with a growing economy.Scandal free because the media did not hate him so did not look for any scandal.Talk the talk?threatened to deal with Syria if the leader crossed the red line.When it wss crossed limp Obama did zilch.Obamacare is a sad failure.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Which goes to show the Trump haters will never give him credit.Had that been Obama then of course you would have credited him with a growing economy.Scandal free because the media did not hate him so did not look for any scandal.Talk the talk?threatened to deal with Syria if the leader crossed the red line.When it wss crossed limp Obama did zilch.Obamacare is a sad failure.
But the US economy is growing now because of policies put in place by the Obama administration - please will you tell me the policies enacted by Trump which have assisted with the strength of the US economy (and also with reducing unemployment amongst African Americans, another thing which he has taken credit for recently).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You do your trolling a disservice by calling others Trump haters. I don't hate him, but I can see he woefully inadequate for the job of President.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here