Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Which part of the supermarket do you NEVER visit

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
With the advent of tablet purchases and delivery, haven't been to a supermarket for a couple of years now.

Long may it continue.

Dale Winton is still working! I hadn't heard about him for years but a quick wikipedia search says that he has the odd show or two. he is the epitome of a man stealing a living. Pleasant but utterly normal - I could imagine him working in a supermarket let alone hosting a TV show about one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
with the layout of supermarkets nowadays, its practically impossible to not visit an aisle except maybe the pet food if dedicated. its almost as if they want you to wander up and down every aisle.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Mostly the clothes, except George at Asda, which should be horrible but just occasionally isn't.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As I wandered the aisles of Tesco last night, it dawned on me that I NEVER visit the tinned fruit section. I don't think I've ever had tinned fruit in my house, although it was always there at my Mum's. It probably still is...

Am I missing much? Is it worth swinging past next week to take a look?

Which bit do you give the swerve to?

Tinned fruit is usually bang alongside the canned puddings and Condensed Milk section.... for Condensed Milk is an essential component of my Millionaires Shortbread. Pet food is my dead zone, plus the Quorn section.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The "Organic" section. AKA the "Pay twice as much for exactly the same thing" section.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
In my tesco there’s a halal counter. Tend not to frequent it.

Also the strange seasonal aisle. A Mecca for the unwashed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That's my childhood right there. Tinned peaches (in syrup, not fruit juice), pears, pineapple rings, mandarin segments and even strawberries.

I wonder if this was priming me for a life of cider drinking?

Tinned Grapefruit, Rhubarb, Mandarin Oranges beats the real fruit. Pineapple is passable. Apple ain't bad.

The rest is either poor or inedible. Avoids at all costs; Fruit Salad, Peaches, Prunes, Strawberries.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I'm a great fan of Tesco's, as it tends to keep the riff raff from Waitrose :)

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The "free from" section. Just stuff you can find elsewhere in the shop repackaged and tripled in price.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't think I've ever had tinned fruit in my house, although it was always there at my Mum's. It probably still is...

Am I missing much? Is it worth swinging past next week to take a look?

Which bit do you give the swerve to?

Oooh, tinned pears, lovely. And evokes all the memories of being a small boy, living at home.

For me it's the fish counter. Apart from the fact I don't eat any meat or fish ..... it STINKS!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here