Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team of ex Brighton players still playing

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Couldn't think of a non-loanee LB other than Painter who isn't playing anymore.

Harding isn't currently playing according to Wikipedia
Didn't know that. Adam El Abd, then, and maybe move Cook to LB which is where I think he played for us.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The name Calvin Andrew popped up on the Football League goals programme the other night. He's with Rochdale.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leon Best is still playing also. He's at Charlton now (just the 14th club of his career). Adam Chicksen was released by Charlton & is at Bradford these days.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have another loanee still playing, I only want to include him because of the unique injury he suffered whilst with us, Joe Mattock. To be honest I probably only remember him because of the injury and Gus smiling in the press conference when asked how he was.

[video]https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/SeagullsTV/video-archive/?video=video-poyets-west-ham-press-conference#.WnuH74trF3Q.email[/video]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Leon Best is still playing also. He's at Charlton now (just the 14th club of his career). Adam Chicksen was released by Charlton & is at Bradford these days.

Best didn’t have his short term contract with Charlton renewed so he’s a free agent. The main reason his contract wasn’t renewed is a knee ligament injury that has ruled him out for the rest of the season. Charlton are helping him recover and it wouldn’t surprise me to see them offer him another contract If he can come back from this injury as they were already considering offering him a new deal before it happened.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will Buckley still gets occasional game time for Bolton ahead of Craig Noone.

David Rodríguez is playing in Spain 2.
Joe Bennett was only on loan but Forster-Caskey is left-sided.

Stockdale
El Abd....Greer... Elphick....Cook.
Buckley...Bridcutt...Forster-Caskey... Noone
Barnes...Lualua.​

Despite playing 44 games, Stephen Ward was only on loan.
Colunga is playing in India last I heard.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Jimmy McNulty is playing at the heart of Rochdale's defence as well, I wonder if he's still the only football league player with just the one kidney?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here