Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Always Ultras - utter embarrassment to English football

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I enjoyed the evening all in all. Got hit twice in the head by coins thrown by the scum - my own fault for watching their approach to the Amex - but surprised one threw a quid. Collected it all up and enough for a pint and a chippy .
Didn’t like their spitting although 5he police where more intent on hitting the Brighton fans waiting although it looked the normal 50/50 to me.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
How does an away team bringing thier own stewards work? Stewards are provided by the responsible person on site to look after the H&S of people coming onto site and the club and unfortunately the MD has a duty of care for everyone entering the site. Stewards are trained on site and part of that training includes site knowledge, evacuation procedures, first aid etc.etc.

So how can we hand over the H&S of visitors to the other teams stewards when on our site? yes i see assistance on trains and stations, but once a person walks up the ramp from the station he/she becomes our responsibility. The responsible person cannot say not our problem, they sent thier own stewards.

They’ve just said on SSN that the fire exit door was opened from the inside (not forced open as first suggested). Palace steward perhaps?? Good to see both stewards that were hurt have now been released from hospital, one with 3 broken ribs though...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I enjoyed the evening all in all. Got hit twice in the head by coins thrown by the scum - my own fault for watching their approach to the Amex - but surprised one threw a quid. Collected it all up and enough for a pint and a chippy .
Didn’t like their spitting although 5he police where more intent on hitting the Brighton fans waiting although it looked the normal 50/50 to me.

You managed to dodge the cans being thrown then

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Tell you what, I was jolly glad I had taken my own advice and had an extra Valium plus a cup of Teapigs Chamomile Flowers before the game last night. On the way down from the coach park I was greeted with all manner of unimaginative abuse from a collection of crusties and Stone Island catalogue models. Due to my blissed-out state I was able to meet this with my best Andrew Marr smile and even threw in the odd wink along the way. On entering the ground, having been gently caressed by a slightly effeminate steward, I was disappointed to find out that the caterers were all out of hotdogs, so had to settle for an overcooked chicken pie which damn near nearly choked me. By this time the V was starting to wear off a little and my mood wasn't improved by witnessing the stampede of what I took to be the youth wing of the Croydon Caravan Club jostling for position for what looked like the photo shoot for their 'Where's Nigel' 2017 Christmas card. I was glad though that they'd bought along their exploding space dust as by the time they started putting it to work I was starting to nod off into a slightly erotic dream due to the general inability of our team to be able to pass to anyone else wearing the same kit. Thoughts turned to Oliver Norwood and before I knew where I was I was up out of my seat and chanting "you're scum and you know you are" with all the enthusiasm I could muster without dribbling too much. By the time the 'game' had finished and I'd hiked around the perimeter of the ground, thinking "I'm sure it wasn't this big last time we did this" I was fair itching for a toe-to-toe, but then reliased I am about 35 years too old for that nonsense and the last time I threw a punch in anger it was at an imaginary attacker in a very dark alley in Amsterdam. I was relieved though to have the opportunity of giving the exiting Pikeys a hearty 'I reckon you lot quite like a bit of onanism' sign from the elevated safety of the stairs back to the coach park before eventually finding my coach and settling down to a snooze for what seemed like decades before it started moving homeward. I woke this morning on my brother's sofa still wondering what exactly had happened the previous night, but with a nagging feeling it was in equal parts tedious and unsavoury, a bit like a night with ginger one from Girls Aloud.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The amount of people moaning about it is embrassing. It created a small bit of atmosphere in an otherwise pretty lifeless game. North stand sang well though. So young Palace lads opened a fire exit or jumped turnstiles to get in ? It’s up to them isn’t it? Nobody on here done anything slightly naughty before ? A lot of saints on here today. To be fair I think all that affected their atmosphere as they are normally much louder than that.

Football is way to sanitised these days.

In what way did it 'create a bit of atmosphere'? All I could see was bewilderment among home and away fans and, in the case of my son, fear. For a nine-year-old boy – who has seen coverage of bombings and suicide bombers on the news and therefore thought it was something to worry about – it ruined what should have been a normal matchday experience for him. Despite me telling him that there was nothing to worry about and we would be fine, he was scared shitless and wanted to go home from about half way through the first half. Every one of those bangers that went off made him feel even worse. Eventually he calmed down, but for someone who has never seen anything like that in the five years he's been going it was a hell of a shock.

No doubt I'll be labeled a 'snowflake', 'liberal' or whatever other derogatory term is used by the 'real' men on here, but I couldn't care less. My priority last night was my football-loving son. He was made to feel unsafe in one of his favourite places in the world, all because of some strokers who thought it would be a good idea to force their into the stadium and set off bangers. Well done them!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
True that I could have smuggled in a few bird scarers and smoke puffs in , probably my ass-crack, (sorry everyone) but be careful what you wish for! Intimate searching for 30,000 fans each week? No thanks!

I'm afraid too many of the Palace fans would like it too much. Many of them haven't had intimate touching in a long time. "Ooooh, hey, that feels pretty good. Could you slide it a little more to the right?"

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
In what way did it 'create a bit of atmosphere'? All I could see was bewilderment among home and away fans and, in the case of my son, fear. For a nine-year-old boy – who has seen coverage of bombings and suicide bombers on the news and therefore thought it was something to worry about – it ruined what should have been a normal matchday experience for him. Despite me telling him that there was nothing to worry about and we would be fine, he was scared shitless and wanted to go home from about half way through the first half. Every one of those bangers that went off made him feel even worse. Eventually he calmed down, but for someone who has never seen anything like that in the five years he's been going it was a hell of a shock.

No doubt I'll be labeled a 'snowflake', 'liberal' or whatever other derogatory term is used by the 'real' men on here, but I couldn't care less. My priority last night was my football-loving son. He was made to feel unsafe in one of his favourite places in the world, all because of some strokers who thought it would be a good idea to force their into the stadium and set off bangers. Well done them!

So did you take him home half way through the first half like he asked?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How does an away team bringing thier own stewards work? Stewards are provided by the responsible person on site to look after the H&S of people coming onto site and the club and unfortunately the MD has a duty of care for everyone entering the site. Stewards are trained on site and part of that training includes site knowledge, evacuation procedures, first aid etc.etc.

So how can we hand over the H&S of visitors to the other teams stewards when on our site? yes i see assistance on trains and stations, but once a person walks up the ramp from the station he/she becomes our responsibility. The responsible person cannot say not our problem, they sent thier own stewards.

Depending on the away game bhafc often send home stewards to away games to assist the home stewards

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That's because it's great, palace just don't do it very well.
Oh please. Just don't...!

Next time we should help them out by building a line of platforms in front of the South Stand so each section can have a chant leader with a loud hailer and his back to the game....?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No, he didn't. His son calmed down sufficiently so on balance he obviously decided it was better to stay and watch the rest of the match DESPITE the bellends from Palace trying to spoil it for them both...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I was going to post about this - I am kind of surprised that parents would take their kids (under 12) to a Palace game on a weekday evening given the amount of shit involved. Yes kids 'should' be able to attend every game and enjoy but with any game like this there is always a higher risk of trouble or scenes you might not want a kid to see. To me the risk vs reward would just be too much. That said I don't have kids so what do I know...

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Throwback to the 1970's ....We grew up with this nonsense and thought it was behind us now.. It only goes to reinforce the Palace stereotypes that I have read on here...
Has any one asked if the League will investigate? I recommend a hefty points deduction for Palace's inability to control their support.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Oh please. Just don't...!

Next time we should help them out by building a line of platforms in front of the South Stand so each section can have a chant leader with a loud hailer and his back to the game....?

You haven't seen many games on the continent if you think they're all like that. I was mainly referencing how active and loud they are, no hoodies, megaphones, bangers or smokes (although I must admit to liking the look of the latter).

No interest in discussing further either.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
200 fans without tickets jump the turnstiles putting two stewards in hospital and people moan about flares and bangers finding their way into the ground?

Have a day off will you.

Might also explain how they somehow got the bird scarers into the ground. Hard to frisk people efficiently if they have jumped the turnstiles!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

No, because:

No, he didn't. His son calmed down sufficiently so on balance he obviously decided it was better to stay and watch the rest of the match DESPITE the bellends from Palace trying to spoil it for them both...

I believe my actual words were something like 'If we go, it's like they've won because they've made you so scared that you don't want to watch football'. Again, that might sound a bit wet, but it's what I thought. Funnily enough, it was the thing he said he thought about most at the time, when we chatted about it this morning. He also said he was pleased we didn't leave.

I was going to post about this - I am kind of surprised that parents would take their kids (under 12) to a Palace game on a weekday evening given the amount of shit involved. Yes kids 'should' be able to attend every game and enjoy but with any game like this there is always a higher risk of trouble or scenes you might not want a kid to see. To me the risk vs reward would just be too much. That said I don't have kids so what do I know...

It's a fair point, but there was no 'shit' in previous games against Palace (or anyone else) that he has been exposed to, so I thought nothing of it. We drove, saw very few Palace fans on the way to the ground or when leaving and witnessed no sort of trouble (I think the worst bit was a police van with it's lights on rushing down Lewes Road!). To be honest, I don't think ANYONE should have to see violence at a football match – not just kids.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's a fair point, but there was no 'shit' in previous games against Palace (or anyone else) that he has been exposed to, so I thought nothing of it. We drove, saw very few Palace fans on the way to the ground or when leaving and witnessed no sort of trouble (I think the worst bit was a police van with it's lights on rushing down Lewes Road!). To be honest, I don't think ANYONE should have to see violence at a football match – not just kids.

It's all opinions, but from memory our first game at the Amex was a bit feisty certainly at the station and around the ground. The Paddys Day game wasn't too bad but was an early kick off.

There has certainly been an air of tension / trouble around. Last night I didn't think it was as bad as the police held them in the city so barely saw / heard them - difference was the pyros etc.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I do have to agree, even though no harm was done, stewards and police had a shit night

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Screenshot_20171129-150146.png

O/T [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] I found this, are you moonlighting :wink::lolol:

http://www.thesackrace.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here